Urgent need for 12- or 15-passenger vans

Hey, all - I have a group of 55 parents and teens who are headed to Colorado on Saturday morning for summer scout camp, and the national rental company we rented six 12-passenger vans through four months ago just called and said they have national shortages due to a recall and cannot guarantee more than two vans tops.  So, we're scrambling and haven't found anything else so far in the same price range.  If you have a rental company or connections to one that has inventory right now in the D/FW area, please let me know.  We'd need to pick up on 6/17 and return on 6/26 (or 6/27 if closed on Sundays).

Edited by sasquatch69

1 hour ago, sasquatch69 said:

I knew I could count on the Surl for the lulz.  Doesn't solve immediate problem, though. :D

(And no, I'm not a scoutmaster - just agreed to help solve this emergent issue since it affects my kid and many others.)

5e711104235c18144338c678.jpeg

Don’t know about DFW but we rented vans from PV Rental in Houston for travel to summer camp Buffalo Trails Scout Ranch one year. Logistics to get them to Dallas might be tough but if you are in that much of a bind it might work. Other years to Colorado, Oklahoma and Arkansas we took a bus.

Where are y’all going? Camp Alexander?

have you considered looking into a bus?

might be short notice, but some bus companies might be able to do it

even if you are concerned the bus might not be able to make it in the camp if you can get the kids there and drop some off you can shuttle with the vans you do have

also a "limo" company with one of those big bus vans might be able to make it work, but that might be a high price, but is summer after prom season is over so it might be slow for them

Edited by ButtFumble