RIP Philip Baker Hall

Carl Spackler

"Sure, we're too old to change the world, but what about that kid, sitting down, opening a book, right now, in a branch at the local library and finding drawings of pee-pees and wee-wees on the Cat in the Hat and the Five Chinese Brothers? Doesn't HE deserve better? Look. If you think this is about overdue fines and missing books, you'd better think again."

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I’m not sure how to actually tag someone on this site. I don’t think that just typing @Bookman works. But there’s a user here who goes by “Bookman.” I’m surprised he hasn’t commented.

@Bookman

You have to type the symbol and beginning of the username and then select it from the drop down. 

Edited by Prepuce of Doom

On 6/13/2022 at 2:12 PM, Deej said:

He liked simple pleasures, like butter in his ass and lollipops in his mouth. That's just him. That's just something that he enjoyed. Call him crazy, call him a pervert.

Boogie Nights is an absolutely amazing movie for how the actors were cast for their roles at “exactly” the perfect time in their respective careers:  Mark Wahlberg, Julianne Moore, Burt Reynolds’s, Don Cheadle, John C Reilly, William Macy, Philip Seymour Hoffman, Heather Graham, Robert Ridgely, Melora Walters, Ricky Jay, Alfred Molina and Philip Baker Hall.  

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

@Bookman

You have to type the symbol and beginning of the username and then select it from the drop down. 

I don’t get a drop down menu. Hell, I can’t even navigate to the ignore list anymore. I complained about it once and it was reenabled for about 15 minutes and I bookmarked that page. That’s the only way I can get to it now to ignore the trolls.

16 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I don’t get a drop down menu. Hell, I can’t even navigate to the ignore list anymore. I complained about it once and it was reenabled for about 15 minutes and I bookmarked that page. That’s the only way I can get to it now to ignore the trolls.

Then you're almost certainly being punished for something, @WhatTheBuck

On 6/13/2022 at 2:09 PM, burntorangebongos said:

Seinfeld said the library cop scene in his apartment cracked him up so much that they had to cobble the final scene together from 8 takes, he kept cracking up. Hall was hilarious as a dragnet like character. RIP

And he did it with the cadence instead of just trying to look like Friday.  We need an Oscar for character actors.