Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

I'm guessing the "active seatbelt" bus drill in elementary school is slightly less traumatizing than the "active shooter" gun drill in elementary school.  

But then, I'm not a badass Texas gun owner who don't play by the rules government tells me to.

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

Or she could use the GoodRx app and pay $13 out of her own pocket immediately 

Yeah, but I still can't get Drixoral. She has a weak citation, but the point remains. We are very particular about who can buy drugs, how much we can get, and which ones we can get. You know this. I can't get lab grade mescaline, but I can go buy enough firepower to shoot up a concert any time I please.

• Hook 'Em 1

Well you could see if the other concertgoers have any extra mescaline that you could have to enjoy the drum solo with.  You don't have to shoot them, just ask nice.

10 people were at the grocery store and are now dead. That's dozens of children and grandchildren that could be heavily traumatized for the rest of their life. It can affect how they will raise their own children. 

Dozens and dozens of witnesses who will have their own personal trauma even though they weren't physically injured. And it could affect members of their family as well. 

We are slowly destroying society in this country because their are people afraid of losing unlimited gun rights. What a tragedy. We're fucked. 

Edited by Hank Kingsley
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

59 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

It’s obvious who the smart one in that family is 

And cactus is right with his analogy. It’s ridiculous that the government keeps track of how many sudafed tablets you buy but not how many bullets

5 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

Yeah, but I still can't get Drixoral. She has a weak citation, but the point remains. We are very particular about who can buy drugs, how much we can get, and which ones we can get. You know this. I can't get lab grade mescaline, but I can go buy enough firepower to shoot up a concert any time I please.

• Hook 'Em 1

But then, I'm not a badass Texas gun owner who don't play by the rules government tells me to.

So you blame gun owners. Badass texas gun owners to be exact.

To this day my guns haven't committed a mass shooting on anything other than pigs.

Also, who isn't playing by the rules? Criminals? Like in Mexico? I know I do and (this is so weird) my guns have never been involved in a mass shooting or even a single shooting.

Crazy talk I know.

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

IIRC, Clyde (of Bonnie and Clyde fame) used BAR's stolen from the US Military to shoot out the engines of the authorities.   Gangsters adopted the Thompson SMG before the US Military did because of its ability to throw suppressing fire, low recoil (it is fucking easy to shoot at full auto, despite what TV says), and reasonably good accuracy.   

Firearms that were used by notorious gangsters to out gun the police is hardly making your case.    

I know that republicans and their like minded ilk tend to create strawman about bubble tea drinking lefties scared of guns and don't know shit about them, but that is simply a fantasy and not reflective of reality.   

Well, “AR class” is a shitty descriptor at best.  As far as making points goes, where were the calls to disarm everyone of their .30 carbines during the mass shootings of yore?  Seems to me up until recently we’ve been able to handle semi auto “AR class” guns as a society quite well.  We’ve had millions of semi auto rifles in the general population’s hands (including actual military weaponry like the .30 carbine and Garand),  mail order at that, for decades with little issue. 

We have a sick people problem.

eta: mini 14 and mini 30’s were staples in this country and found under the beds and the backs of closets across the country. They may have come about after the first AR variants, but there were damn sure more popular for a long time. 

Edited by fattyflattie

13 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

I can't get lab grade mescaline, but I can go buy enough firepower to shoot up a concert any time I please.

If you want lab grade mescaline and are sufficiently motivated, I am sure that you can find some. Just don't cry on twitter when you can't get a third party to pay for it. 

6 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

Stuff already said

I didn't see it until after I replied.

2 minutes ago, markstanco said:

To this day my guns haven't committed a mass shooting on anything other than pigs.

Also, who isn't playing by the rules? Criminals? Like in Mexico? I know I do and (this is so weird) my guns have never been involved in a mass shooting or even a single shooting.

Crazy talk I know.

Where do those guns in Mexico come from? Texas mostly.

Chicago guns are mostly from Indiana.

Again, make it harder to buy bullets. That firearm ain't making fire without a round in the chamber.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

We have a sick people problem.

Let's just keep on having mass shootings and more mental health problems until we're all sick and kill each other until the human race is gone. Then guns will finally have the peace & quiet they deserve. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

If you want lab grade mescaline and are sufficiently motivated, I am sure that you can find some. Just don't cry on twitter when you can't get a third party to pay for it. 

Birth control is dirt cheap. And it's 100% covered. 

Since we are going down that road. I don't want illicit pharmaceuticals. I know what's in weed. I don't have the slightest idea what's in the myriad of offerings on the dark web nor do I want to find out. I can go make my own willow bark tea, but I would rather have an aspirin. Same for ephedrine. It was called Mormon Tea at one time, without a hint of irony. 

Getting way off course.

The point is we have extremely strict controls on the chemicals we can put in our body but relatively few on the actual delivery system of lead.

Edited by cactusflinthead
  • Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

but I can go buy enough firepower to shoot up a concert any time I please.

I mean, I guess, in theory. Have you actually tried to buy a firearm that uses common ammunition recently? It's a struggle to find even a bolt action and at most places the only way you can get any ammunition is to buy a firearm... Covid + Ds in power = historically limited supply and extreme demand

Just now, cactusflinthead said:

Birth control is dirt cheap. And it's 100% covered. 

Which is why her twat was particularly stupid. And tugged on a variety of talking points rather than actual real pro/con issues related to PA or gun control. Just total throw away nonsense. 

22 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

The constitution explicitly states that we have the right to have guns. It doesn’t say shit about drugs. 
so there’s a rather cumbersome additional layer to navigate when the government attempts to make laws restricting the sale, possession, or use of the one thing. 

1 hour ago, Bozo_Casanova said:

I’m hoping for a better world, but arming for a worse one. 

Meh. As a latch key kid of the early 90s, I have low expectations for people of authority actually addressing issues in a substantively outcomes oriented way. I am waiting to be proven wrong, but got the box of 30 rd magazines in the closet expecting the worse.  Been told for the last 6+ months that we are on the verge of an authoritarian fascist take over of America, so feeling pretty good atm about arming for the worst. 

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The constitution explicitly states that we have the right to have guns. It doesn’t say shit about drugs. 
so there’s a rather cumbersome additional layer to navigate when the government attempts to make laws restricting the sale, possession, or use of the one thing. 

We have rules on drugs because church ladies. That and it gave Nixon a reason to lock up hippies and POC. 

4 minutes ago, B00M said:

I mean, I guess, in theory. Have you actually tried to buy a firearm that uses common ammunition recently? It's a struggle to find even a bolt action and at most places the only way you can get any ammunition is to buy a firearm... Covid + Ds in power = historically limited supply and extreme demand

So I guess the deer are going to explode in population. 

There's a run on ammunition because people are stupid.

• Hook 'Em 1

Probably a big part of why the Constitution, more specifically the Bill of Rights, doesn't speak to drug rights is because they didn't have any fun ones back then. Yeah, there was some tobacco and hemp and alcohol and some balms.  But those were child's play.  

And I'm not seeing this run on ammunition people keep speaking of.  Y'all must have some strangely high demand or running some hard to find weapons or both.  Or to be honest, I traded a very prominent Mexican billionaire a skip the line vaccination for several hundred rounds.  

Edited by Lobo

23 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Crazy talk I know.

You should be required to post your dash cam footage with every one of your posts, just so people can read these checkmates in your voice.

6 minutes ago, Lobo said:

Probably a big part of why the Constitution, more specifically the Bill of Rights, doesn't speak to drug rights is because they didn't have any fun ones back then. Yeah, there was some tobacco and hemp and alcohol and some balms.  But those were child's play.  

And I'm not seeing this run on ammunition people keep speaking of.  Y'all must have some strangely high demand or running some hard to find weapons or both.  Or to be honest, I traded a very prominent Mexican billionaire a skip the line vaccination for several hundred rounds.  

There was plenty of opium by the time of the US revolution

36 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

slowly destroying society in this country because their are people afraid of losing unlimited gun rights. What a tragedy. We're fucked. 

This is patently false.  It also ignores any consequences on the other side of gun control, which empowers the criminal.

Keep ignoring the root causes... chase the easy trick.

Edited by slorch

Okay Pato, I was speaking about the whole pharma/Rx/industrial grade/manmade shit.  I'm sure Hamilton found an eight ball in his musket bag at some point.  My point was the modern drug industry (both legal and illegal) as we know it today.  We can't ignore that both drugs and firearms have evolved, and we are led to believe that the Constitution is this "living, breathing" document capable of evolution.  Where there were muskets, now there are bump stocks.  Where there was 2% THC hemp, now is 98% THC edible gummies that can cause you to lose parts of your face for a weekend.  

Edited by Lobo

1 minute ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Just looked at their prices on 9mm. About a dollar a round just like here locally. In early 2020 I bought the same 115 grain box of 50 for 12.95 that is now $50 when it’s in stock. 

The price does not appear to be a deterrent. Now if they had to show an ID and they could only buy so many what would that do? 

17 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

There was plenty of opium by the time of the US revolution

Jimsonweed got it's name a hundred years before that. The Tarahumara were eating peyote before Columbus set sail. Drugs weren't a problem until white women discovered them.

*hoard

Edited by cactusflinthead

Again, make it harder to buy bullets. That firearm ain't making fire without a round in the chamber.
That is amazing that you think Indiana and Texas is the problem. I can honestly say I don't have a reply to that.

1 minute ago, markstanco said:
42 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

That is amazing that you think Indiana and Texas is the problem. I can honestly say I don't have a reply to that.

It's no problem selling guns to the cartels?

Shit, they buy from us because it's convenient and cheap.

4 minutes ago, markstanco said:
45 minutes ago, cactusflinthead said:

you could just tell us the story again about how your guns have never been involved in a mass shooting.  i liked the part about how your guns aren't the problem so guns in general must not be a problem.

• Haha 4

It's no problem selling guns to the cartels?
Shit, they buy from us because it's convenient and cheap.
Well of course selling to cartels is an issue.

I am talking about legal gun owners. None of my guns in my safe will go shoot up a school was my point. This isn't hard.
  • Drool 1

14 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

you could just tell us the story again about how your guns have never been involved in a mass shooting.  i liked the part about how your guns aren't the problem so guns in general must not be a problem.

Well you see he has a point.  It's poignant, because 99.9999999999999% of them will never be used in a mass killing.  But because that .0000000000001%, we must change everything.

5 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Well of course selling to cartels is an issue.

I am talking about legal gun owners. None of my guns in my safe will go shoot up a school was my point. This isn't hard.

Until they do. Some of those firearms in Chicago were stolen. Same for Mexico. 

What happens when you die? Get incapacitated due to old age? Are they going to cease to exist?

I can't control what happens to mine when I part this mortal coil.

6 minutes ago, Llano Estacado said:

Finally! Eric Holder and Operation Fast & Furious time. Let’s do that talking point now!

shhhh.   I think you have made a mistake. You need to be looking to blame the following administration for everything bad that happened ever.  

5 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I am talking about legal gun owners.

A while back I was doing a bit of trading and bartering with AR uppers and various other parts.  Was doing a trade for a remington police magnum shotgun. Tried to run it through a background check before I did the deal, was a total shit show. Ended up being cycled through Travis Count Sheriff and local ATF branch. They basically laughed at me when I asked them to run the serial. I did the deal cause that walnut stocks doh. 

Give gun owners an easy, accessible, no fee system to run background checks on private sales and I think that you will see that the vast majority of law abiding gun owners are happy to engage that system.  Create layers of bullshit built around loop hole narratives and you will see pushback. Problem is that no one wants to talk about actual real outcomes oriented solutions. Just political posturing. 

• Hook 'Em 4

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread