Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

3 hours ago, workswithseed said:

In group out group.

What a regarded take. You just said that racist aren't collective? What is actually wrong with you?

Edited 2 hours ago by immamac

You don't belong here.  You should leave voluntarily.  

I have no problem with the fact that you didn't go to college (any college); two of the best people in my life didn't and they were wonderful people.  They also knew what they knew and didn't know.  I remember my grandfather telling me he voted for Ann Richards, which baffled Young Republican me at the time.  Turns out they were pretty wise to the world.  They also didn't project their beliefs on others.  

You show your intentional ignorance every time you post.  

(Also, I had to make a special copy & paste to grab that "Edited 2 hours ago by immamac").

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Blotto said:

If rocko20 and swam4texas fucked, had a baby, and then spent the first 5 years dropping that baby on its head, that kid would grow up to be wws. He's actually too stupid to troll, he's just an ignorant parrot.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other.

1 hour ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

The news networks don't even need to send a crew or reporter. I haven't seen the coverage, but here is what it will be:

• Aerial shot of location.
  • Two weeping people hugging each other. 
  • SWAT cops going back to their vehicles. (This and the above visuals will run on an endless loop.)
  • A few eyewitnesses. 
  • It will take a long time for this community to heal. (Spoken with intense solemnity)
  • Thanks for the report, Leslie. Our thoughts are with the victims and their families. (Spoken with intense solemnity)
  • Inquiry into how the assailant got the gun. 
  • Round up the usual suspects for lengthy, consecutive panel discussions on the politics of gun control. Will there be legislation? Will this hurt the GOPs? Can Dems get the votes.
  • They'll have black panelists discuss racism. Some will get to the point that should be mentioned then their turn will be over.
  • Do we have a white supremecist crisis? 
    • They get quotes for either side.
    • They don't dare state it as a fact because they are timid and hostile towards actual news.
    • They tut-tut solemnly,
  • Now it's back to covering the midterm election trivia which is safely predictable in terms of how to cover and how to have panel discussions.

We'll find plenty of useful information and reality from various written media. We'll quote them here. We'll rage about them or deal with the sickos who deny reality to defend their beloved death cult. We'll do it here, because 90% of the people we know by their real names in reality have only passing knowledge of events and just about no interest beyond that.

We know the drill. It leads to a broken, moribund republic.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

Remember this, it's very important.  Oh who am I kidding?  This shit will be forgotten next week.  And then it will happen again.  And again.  And on and on.  

200.gif

But wait, there's more:

Multiple People Hit in Shooting at Laguna Woods Church; Suspected Shooter in Custody

Just now, InkaUtexas said:

Just saw 1 dead, multiple injured. Fuck I hate this shit. Cannot go to a store, a school or a church anymore. Somedays I hate the country my kids (24 and 20) are inheriting. 

My kids love going to the movies.  It fucking frays my nerves until they come home.

• Hook 'Em 1

22 hours ago, Disco Strangler said:

I have guns.  Several.  You could have them all tomorrow if we could rid ourselves of this blight.   How much more of this shit are we going to put up with? 

Question for you - if you feel that strongly about it, why don’t you just give them up now? Not trying to kick off here but I’m honestly curious what keeps one from just doing it.

7 minutes ago, Doug E. Fresh said:

Question for you - if you feel that strongly about it, why don’t you just give them up now? Not trying to kick off here but I’m honestly curious what keeps one from just doing it.

Because it won't change anything?

2 minutes ago, Deej said:

Make the internet illegal for anyone under the age of 21. Make weed legal for anyone over the age of 16. 

And create Westwood bots to guarantee every kid gets laid by 16.

Edited by 'stache
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

Nobody could have seen this coming, right?

Iirc the Parkland shooter (there are so many at this point) had the police called on him multiple times. If someone threatens a mass shooting who is also known to have access to seriously weaponry & a digital trail of extremism how to are they not immediately arrested? 

2 minutes ago, Caponata said:

Iirc the Parkland shooter (there are so many at this point) had the police called on him multiple times. If someone threatens a mass shooting who is also known to have access to seriously weaponry & a digital trail of extremism how to are they not immediately arrested? 

Arrested on what charges?  We aren't in Minority Report yet.

Just saw 1 dead, multiple injured. Fuck I hate this shit. Cannot go to a store, a school or a church anymore. Somedays I hate the country my kids (24 and 20) are inheriting. 

Who do you think is going to fix it?

2 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

The news networks don't even need to send a crew or reporter. I haven't seen the coverage, but here is what it will be:

• Aerial shot of location.
  • Two weeping people hugging each other. 
  • SWAT cops going back to their vehicles. (This and the above visuals will run on an endless loop.)
  • A few eyewitnesses. 
  • It will take a long time for this community to heal. (Spoken with intense solemnity)
  • Thanks for the report, Leslie. Our thoughts are with the victims and their families. (Spoken with intense solemnity)
  • Inquiry into how the assailant got the gun. 
  • Round up the usual suspects for lengthy, consecutive panel discussions on the politics of gun control. Will there be legislation? Will this hurt the GOPs? Can Dems get the votes.
  • They'll have black panelists discuss racism. Some will get to the point that should be mentioned then their turn will be over.
  • Do we have a white supremecist crisis? 
    • They get quotes for either side.
    • They don't dare state it as a fact because they are timid and hostile towards actual news.
    • They tut-tut solemnly,
  • Now it's back to covering the midterm election trivia which is safely predictable in terms of how to cover and how to have panel discussions.

We'll find plenty of useful information and reality from various written media. We'll quote them here. We'll rage about them or deal with the sickos who deny reality to defend their beloved death cult. We'll do it here, because 90% of the people we know by their real names in reality have only passing knowledge of events and just about no interest beyond that.

We know the drill. It leads to a broken, moribund republic.

You left out the cut scene of some rando placing flowers at a makeshift memorial 

6 minutes ago, Nivek said:

Who do you think is going to fix it?

Civil War II. You may scoff, but its already started, we just don't realize it yet.

100 years from now, historians will look back and say the Second American Civil War, although long in the making, was triggered by an African American being elected president, and the racists and conservatives couldn't accept it. Which makes sense, because the First American Civil War, although long in the making, was triggered by a northerner being elected president, and the racists and conservatives couldn't accept it.

The difference of course is that CWII won't be a war between northern and southern states, it will be a war between rural and urban areas.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 4

16 minutes ago, Caponata said:

Threatening to commit a terrorist attack? 

Vague threats are not a crime.  To be convicted of threatening a crime, the threat has to be specific.  It's rich that your answer on how to prevent this is that a 17 year old should have been locked up for  at least 11 months on a thought crime.  But you haven't said anything about him being amped up to commit this crime by white wing media

So throwing a 17 year old in prison for years over nonspecific threats is Constitutional, but  doing a background check to stop the kid when he turns 18 from possessing weapons is a Second Amendment violation. This country has lost its goddamn mind.

• Hook 'Em 5

Oh, hai.

2 Dead, 3 Hospitalized In Houston Flea Market Shooting

Authorities say two people have been killed and three more were taken to a hospital after an altercation led to a shooting at a Houston bustling flea market.
AP

AP logo

May. 15, 2022, 08:06 PM EDT

2 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Ill never understand why articles reporting on events will mention the races in one blurb, but not the one they are actually reporting on.  

Are we talking about the reality of events or how well or differently or truthfully news outlets report it?  

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

Arrested on what charges?  We aren't in Minority Report yet.

Terroristic threats is a literal crime you can be arrested for you absolute dumbass.

E: I can tell you with absolute certainty that threatening to shoot up your school is a specific threat that you absolutely can be arrested and charged for, even as a minor, but it is up to the discretion of the police/the local DA.

Edited by Brian Fantana

2 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Are we talking about the reality of events or how well or differently or truthfully news outlets report it?  

I’m not sure.  I mean what’s the harm in mentioning the races of the shootout on Airline?  If it’s white and black, maybe we have a red flag quickly rising.  But to have all kinds of info that everyone knew each other, suspects in custody, victims in hospital. Then last paragraph discussing in detail the shooting in Buffalo is odd.  It’s not uncommon. And it doesn’t even trend towards any race. Just an oddity I see more often than I’d expect. 

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

This is horrible. I bet she never expressed mass murder as a solution.

We need to bring back the militant wing of the Panthers. (I know, that would be stupid because the white establishment would indiscriminately slaughter the outnumbered black population.)

Malcolm X expected to be killed just as his father and grandfather were. Sure enough, he gets gunned down.

Same. As. It. Ever. Was. 

• Rage+1 3

56 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

Vague threats are not a crime.  To be convicted of threatening a crime, the threat has to be specific.  It's rich that your answer on how to prevent this is that a 17 year old should have been locked up for  at least 11 months on a thought crime.  But you haven't said anything about him being amped up to commit this crime by white wing media

So throwing a 17 year old in prison for years over nonspecific threats is Constitutional, but  doing a background check to stop the kid when he turns 18 from possessing weapons is a Second Amendment violation. This country has lost its goddamn mind.

Wtf.. When did I say I was against background checks? Of course I'm for them. I'm just wondering what the protocol is when someone threatens a mass shooting, is a known WS extremist online, and has access to an arsenal. 

5 hours ago, Bullneck said:

You don't belong here.  You should leave voluntarily.  

I have no problem with the fact that you didn't go to college (any college); two of the best people in my life didn't and they were wonderful people.  They also knew what they knew and didn't know.  I remember my grandfather telling me he voted for Ann Richards, which baffled Young Republican me at the time.  Turns out they were pretty wise to the world.  They also didn't project their beliefs on others.  

You show your intentional ignorance every time you post.  

(Also, I had to make a special copy & paste to grab that "Edited 2 hours ago by immamac").

You don't even like me. Most don't. It's not new and it hasn't really changed. That's fine with me.

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread