Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

NowThis will forever be a meme in surly lore but I think that dude was smarter than most…he made a colossal mistake but instantly folded his losing hand and noped out immediately with his bighugecocks, never to return.  

I admire your persistence, if nothing else. 

• Haha 5

2 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Just wow.  Is this you projecting your fucked up takes on others?  Negged.

Just admit it’s a stupid fucking statement and move on. I don’t know anything about this poster but just imagine if every advocate who was hated in their community ran away instead of staying and standing up for what they believed in.

• Fuck You 11

1 hour ago, Brian Fantana said:

Terroristic threats is a literal crime you can be arrested for you absolute dumbass.

E: I can tell you with absolute certainty that threatening to shoot up your school is a specific threat that you absolutely can be arrested and charged for, even as a minor, but it is up to the discretion of the police/the local DA.

This is the NY statute on making a terroristic threat.  It has to be a specified offense with reasonable expectation of imminent commission of the offense.  None of the reporting so far suggests that 11 months ago, he was guilty of making a terroristic threat such that he should have been arrested at that time, and would have been convicted and sitting in prison 11 months later.

S 490.20 Making a terroristic threat.
  1. A person is guilty of making a terroristic threat when with intent
to intimidate or coerce a civilian population, influence the policy of a
unit of government by intimidation or coercion, or affect the conduct of
a unit of government by murder, assassination or kidnapping, he or she
threatens to commit or cause to be committed a specified offense and
thereby causes a reasonable expectation or fear of the imminent
commission of such offense.
  2. It shall be no defense to a prosecution pursuant to this section
that the defendant did not have the intent or capability of committing
the specified offense or that the threat was not made to a person who
was a subject thereof.
  Making a terroristic threat is a class D felony.

I hope he rots in prison.  But the solution to gun violence and hate crimes isn't more mass incarceration.  And there's nothing to suggest that even had he been arrested 11 months earlier, anything would have been different yesterday.  This is a sideshow from the utter lack of reasonable gun control measures and the huge rise in hate crimes in this country, which have been spurred on by the GQP and Fox News, among others.

Edit to add: There's also no reason to believe that the Buffalo PD, which threw an elderly man down during a Black Lives Matter protest, would have had any interest in actually trying to prevent white nationalist terrorism anyway.

Edited by lemonlime
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, Homercles said:

NowThis will forever be a meme in surly lore but I think that dude was smarter than most…he made a colossal mistake but instantly folded his losing hand and noped out immediately with his bighugecocks, never to return.  

I admire your persistence, if nothing else. 

He should have never left. He was for real.

39 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Just admit it’s a stupid fucking statement and move on. I don’t know anything about this poster but just imagine if every advocate who was hated in their community ran away instead of staying and standing up for what they believed in.

Man, you're pushing the limits.

He's an idiot.  You're defend an idiot, sight unseen, and using some pretty loaded language to do so.  I don't think I've ever reported a post but this is a tough call.  

40 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

This is the NY statute on making a terroristic threat.  It has to be a specified offense with reasonable expectation of imminent commission of the offense.  None of the reporting so far suggests that 11 months ago, he was guilty of making a terroristic threat such that he should have been arrested at that time, and would have been convicted and sitting in prison 11 months later.

S 490.20 Making a terroristic threat.
  1. A person is guilty of making a terroristic threat when with intent
to intimidate or coerce a civilian population, influence the policy of a
unit of government by intimidation or coercion, or affect the conduct of
a unit of government by murder, assassination or kidnapping, he or she
threatens to commit or cause to be committed a specified offense and
thereby causes a reasonable expectation or fear of the imminent
commission of such offense.
  2. It shall be no defense to a prosecution pursuant to this section
that the defendant did not have the intent or capability of committing
the specified offense or that the threat was not made to a person who
was a subject thereof.
  Making a terroristic threat is a class D felony.

I hope he rots in prison.  But the solution to gun violence and hate crimes isn't more mass incarceration.  And there's nothing to suggest that even had he been arrested 11 months earlier, anything would have been different yesterday.  This is a sideshow from the utter lack of reasonable gun control measures and the huge rise in hate crimes in this country, which have been spurred on by the GQP and Fox News, among others.

Edit to add: There's also no reason to believe that the Buffalo PD, which threw an elderly man down during a Black Lives Matter protest, would have had any interest in actually trying to prevent white nationalist terrorism anyway.

Fair enough, I wasn't aware of the NY statute. I've had personal experience with the TX statute.

9 minutes ago, Bullneck said:

Man, you're pushing the limits.

He's an idiot.  You're defend an idiot, sight unseen, and using some pretty loaded language to do so.  I don't think I've ever reported a post but this is a tough call.  

My post had nothing to do with him. I actually didn’t even pay any attention to anything the poster wrote. Pretty blind of you not to see the stupidity in Penelope’s statement as a stand-alone statement. You going to report me for pointing out someone shouldn’t be encouraged to leave a community because of hatred?!? Report away, genius.

Edited by Coelenterate Fuccboi
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

9 minutes ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

My post had nothing to do with him. I actually didn’t even pay any attention to anything the poster wrote. Pretty blind of you not to see the stupidity in Penelope’s statement as a stand-alone statement. You going to report me for pointing out someone should be allowed to remain in a community even though they’re hated?!? Report away, genius.

I'm not interested in your deflection.  But I have to wonder why you so valiantly advocate for one of the worst posters on this board being called to task.  That's different than racially based hatred. 

Being able to distinguish between the two is important.  If you can't, you probably aren't going to like it here. 

At your suggestion I'll follow through.  

Edited by Bullneck
  • Hook 'Em 1

My post had nothing to do with him. I actually didn’t even pay any attention to anything the poster wrote. Pretty blind of you not to see the stupidity in Penelope’s statement as a stand-alone statement. You going to report me for pointing out someone shouldn’t be encouraged to leave a community because of hatred?!? Report away, genius.

She called him stupid. Which he is. You’re overreacting.

1 hour ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

You are a special kind of stupid to stay in a community where most of the people don't like you.

I will frame this in another manner since some of you clearly only operate in attack mode.

This, as a stand-alone statement, is fucking stupid. I don’t give a shit who it was in response to. It shouldn’t matter. If black people lived by this philosophy, they would have left this country a long fucking time ago. This mindset shouldn’t exist, period.

• Fuck You 1

4 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Civil War II. You may scoff, but its already started, we just don't realize it yet.

100 years from now, historians will look back and say the Second American Civil War, although long in the making, was triggered by an African American being elected president, and the racists and conservatives couldn't accept it. Which makes sense, because the First American Civil War, although long in the making, was triggered by a northerner being elected president, and the racists and conservatives couldn't accept it.

The difference of course is that CWII won't be a war between northern and southern states, it will be a war between rural and urban areas.

The second American Civil War will lead to World War III and then the Eugenics Wars.  Tens of millions will die.  Maybe more.  

image.png.7d29e7622d842b44929170b09508c135.png

11 hours ago, Foosters said:

California tried this. 9th circuit struck it down just this week.

But yet the legal age to imbibe alcohol is 21, not 18.  We need a MAGG group to mirror MADD.  Mothers Against Grim Guns.  Something like that.  I mean if they can control the alcohol market, then they can handle the NRA and guns n ammo.  

6 hours ago, Deej said:

Make the internet illegal for anyone under the age of 21. Make weed legal for anyone over the age of 16. 

But then how do you home school them.  Their dumbass parents can't even teach them how to be semi literate, responsible humans, much less basic algebra or certainly not civics.

4 hours ago, High Plains Drifter said:

Civil War II. You may scoff, but its already started, we just don't realize it yet.

100 years from now, historians will look back and say the Second American Civil War, although long in the making, was triggered by an African American being elected president, and the racists and conservatives couldn't accept it. Which makes sense, because the First American Civil War, although long in the making, was triggered by a northerner being elected president, and the racists and conservatives couldn't accept it.

The difference of course is that CWII won't be a war between northern and southern states, it will be a war between rural and urban areas.

I've thought a lot about this, since I am rural.  The rural area produces the food.  But most of the production is done by farmers and ranchers who are beholden to larger corporations.  So starving out the cities won't work.  About their only play is to disrupt transportation.  Blockade roads and railways.    I guess i am not sure where the corporations would land, but I would bet they wouldn't want their world rocked too hard, unless they could see more money out the back end of it.  

My county is littered with chicken houses owned by groups like Tyson and Pilgrim.  They only lease the land.  I don't see them shutting down to appease the rural folks.  However we might see such operations sabotaged by angry rural folks.  Surely those corporations have insurance policies to protect them against uprising caused vandalism and loss?    

It's an interesting thing to ponder, and I feel something will be coming, some reckoning.  But I do think we are seeing the beginning flames of this fire, and it's going to get worse as the heat of summer ratchets up the crazy.

4 hours ago, Bullneck said:

If I ever said something like that at work all my personal effects and pictures on the walls of my office would be in a box on the sidewalk in 10 minutes.  

What is this asshole even talking about.

He was hired by the R’s of Texas.  This is his job.  Is your job to be a racist POS?

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 hours ago, TexArcher said:

So, in one weekend we've had a racially motivated mass shooting in Buffalo, a mass shooting at a Houston flea market, a mass shooting at a California church, and a mass shooting outside a Milwaukee Bucks game.  But it's not time to talk about our gun problem yet, as we continue to be the only nation where this shit happens with any regularity, because a document that slave owners wrote 2.5 centuries ago says guns are legal even though it doesn't contain the word "guns," and we couldn't possibly change that document for the 28th time even though the majority of us want to.

Does that about cover it?

8Yfw.gif

1 hour ago, atomheartbevo said:

The second American Civil War will lead to World War III and then the Eugenics Wars.  Tens of millions will die.  Maybe more.  

I'm about ready for it. I don't like what we've become.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I will frame this in another manner since some of you clearly only operate in attack mode.

This, as a stand-alone statement, is fucking stupid. I don’t give a shit who it was in response to. It shouldn’t matter. If black people lived by this philosophy, they would have left this country a long fucking time ago. This mindset shouldn’t exist, period.

Lady Gaga Reaction GIF by Jimmy Kimmel Live

• Fuck You 1

10 hours ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

You are a special kind of stupid to stay in a community where most of the people don't like you.  It's very on brand for you.

9 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

Did you get this idea from a sign you saw in a black family’s yard?

image.gif.d0ddf96fb00ec78833b7c908e3d009fd.gif

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, TexArcher said:

But it's not time to talk about our gun problem yet, as we continue to be the only nation where this shit happens with any regularity, because a document that slave owners wrote 2.5 centuries ago says guns are legal even though it doesn't contain the word "guns," and we couldn't possibly change that document for the 28th time even though the majority of us want to.

Does that about cover it?

Let's pretend there's no right to bear arms. It's just a law. Specifically how would you change it?

9 hours ago, Coelenterate Fuccboi said:

I've got to hand it to you, you've chosen the weirdest hill to climb and die on. 

17 hours ago, Blotto said:

If rocko20 and swam4texas fucked, had a baby, and then spent the first 5 years dropping that baby on its head, that kid would grow up to be wws. He's actually too stupid to troll, he's just an ignorant parrot.

I'm gonna quit ragging on him b/c I believe he's genuinely special needs.  I'm not going to make fun of the feeble-minded. 

Workswithseed is like the political version of a dude who would defend Jeff Fisher in the football forum and blame VY for why he was such a shitty coach. Just absolute dogshit posting, unreadable, and would get negged to bolivia for posting such nonsense takes about other subjects. But here in CR land, he just gets to keep posting retarded shit with no repurcussions.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2022/05/16/nyregion/shooting-buffalo

The accused gunman in the mass shooting in Buffalo had planned a prolonged massacre after attacking a Tops supermarket Saturday, according to the Buffalo police commissioner, who said that the attacker wanted “to continue his rampage.”

The commissioner, Joseph A. Gramaglia, told CNN on Monday morning that the suspect had spoken “about possibly going to another store,” after Tops, potentially turning his fire on “another large superstore.”

“He was going to get in his car and continue to drive down Jefferson Avenue and continue doing the same thing,” Mr. Gramaglia said.

Investigators are continuing to analyze the activities of the suspect, Payton S. Gendron, 18, who they said traveled halfway across New York, from his home in a small town near Binghamton, to shoot and kill Black people in east Buffalo.

Indeed, he had picked the Tops store, the police said, in an area known for its large Black population, going so far as to visit the neighborhood the day before the attack in what they described as a reconnaissance mission.

I think the phrase MAGA mass shooter should be adopted for these sorts of race based killings.

I mean after all, there "are good people on both sides" as the head of MAGA describes Nazi and White Supremacists, who attack black people.  So isn't this kid defacto a MAGA mass killer?  As he believes he is "one of the good people" that Trumps talks about.

As I have said for quite some time, "While not all Republicans are Racist, nearly all Racists are Republican. "

Even if there was political will, it's too late. We let the gun makers pump out millions of war machines to sell to small dick assholes. There are 20 million or so documented assault rifles in private possession in the US. You couldn't confiscate even a tiny fraction of them all if you tried. They started this as a wedge issue to win elections and its become a full on fucking religion. Like the weirdos in the Planet of the Apes worshiping a missile. Like climate change, and now basic civil freedoms, they went too far and its irreversible. It makes me really sad inside to think of where we're headed.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

On 5/15/2022 at 9:35 AM, B00M said:

From what I read it was damn near a copy paste of the 2019 new zealand mosque shooter's manifesto. I can't believe how many people are watching the video. Why give yourself PTSD? How does an 18 year old get that fucked up? Dude trained and prepared extensively to kill innocent people. Think he'll enjoy getting raped by big bla, ahem, replacement cock?

I doubt he'll be in general population, unfortunately. If he even gets convicted.

11 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Even if there was political will, it's too late. We let the gun makers pump out millions of war machines to sell to small dick assholes. There are 20 million or so documented assault rifles in private possession in the US. You couldn't confiscate even a tiny fraction of them all if you tried. They started this as a wedge issue to win elections and its become a full on fucking religion. Like the weirdos in the Planet of the Apes worshiping a missile. Like climate change, and now basic civil freedoms, they went too far and its irreversible. It makes me really sad inside to think of where we're headed.

I wonder if stereotypical college-educated liberal types have any idea what's in store for this country when Electric Boogaloo gets underway.

4 minutes ago, Hookah Horns said:

Been saying it for a while. The only thing that has a chance of moving the needle is a mass shooting in/of congress. 

The bitch that the Capitol police had to kill is now a venerated saint to the right. There is literally nothing that can happen to make any of them rethink anything.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, horn4life said:

As I have said for quite some time, "While not all Republicans are Racist, nearly all Racists are Republican. "

Lol. Pubs would have the popular vote wrapped up if every racist person of color was republican. Or we only taking white racists? 

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

Guns are legal, all of them,

unbelievably false, but please don’t let that stop you. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread