Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

2 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

And WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK.

“Hey Sarge! Let’s head to the school and take advantage of this to catch some undocumented parents gathering to make sure THEIR KIDS AREN’T DEAD.”

I'm no defender of ICE, but...

https://apnews.com/article/uvalde-texas-school-shooting-b4e4648ed0ae454897d540e787d092b2

A Border Patrol agent who was working nearby when the shooting began rushed into the school without waiting for backup and shot and killed the gunman, who was behind a barricade, according to a law enforcement official speaking on condition of anonymity because he was not authorized to talk about it.

The agent was wounded but able to walk out of the school, the law enforcement source

Border Patrol and ICE are first responders in south Texas. They aren't there looking for illegals. They are there assisting local leos in clearing the building, securing the scene, whatever. Fuck, their own kids probably go to school there.

• Hook 'Em 6

10 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I am a staunch defender of Classical Liberalism.  Freedom of Speech, freedom of expression, freedom of religion but also freedom from religion, limited government, limiting the government from injecting itself into religious/social mores, etc.   I am a legal and responsible gun owner.   They are locked in a safe in my garage that is bolted to my floor, other than my pistol that is in a biometric safety in my bedroom.  I have been shooting since I was 7 years old.  I’ve had guns put in my face by a thief (once) and wannabe Billy badasses (twice).  There are absolutely people that shouldn’t own Guns.  There are absolutely people that should.  This shit makes me sick, as I have two daughters that are young and a wife that teaches elementary school.   So yeah, thinking I’m just a-ok about people being murdered is incorrect.   Fuck you for thinking that 

And yet you vote against all those things you claim to be a defender of.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Fuck all the politicians and absent/negligent parents right in the ass.  TL/DR, it all makes me so ragey.

The 2nd Amendment is such a smokescreen.  We've been a nation of guns for all of our nearly 250 years of history, and this absolute bullshit we are seeing now has careened out of control in the last 25-30 years in particular.  What has changed?    Well, let's start with technology and culture.

Mental illness?  Other counties deal with mental illness.   Why do we allow ours access to guns and ammo?  Mandatory waiting periods, better background checks, etc...why aren't we checking social media profiles, and medical records?  The raw data and technology (neuro modeling & AI) is there to analyze, quickly, for the vast majority of the population.  Not THAT hard of a change to implement at scale with a few billion $$.

Political parties blaming other political parties?  Perhaps the absolute pinnacle of hypocrisy.  Both parties have spent years in power over the last 25-30 years, no real ATTEMPTS at change.  Just confirms what our current politicians say is bullshit.  Vote them out.

Allow private sales of guns?  Get the fuck out of here...we're not allowed to buy a house without going through proper channels...yet we let meth heads buy and sell guns?  For Cash?  Again, easy fix.  Make it stop.

Parental liability.  It's been said in recent posts.  How are we holding parents accountable for letting their kids get access to these things?  Ignorance and/or negligence isn't an excuse.  

Gotta be 25-years old to rent a car?  Should have to be at least that old to buy a gun.  We fucking make people who want to use certain RADIOS pass tests before they are allowed to buy them...but not guns.   Muh gun lobby?  Again, grow some balls and GTFO.

Investments in schools and structure of public schools?  Why do shootings so disproportionately occur at public schools?  National averages are like 90% goto public and 10% private but the ratios for shootings are far more likely to occur at public schools.  Is the DOE analyzing the effects of growing class sizes?  What are the effects of certain curriculums?  What are the effects on younger adults and children from media coverage and availability of social media?  Again, what has changed over the last 25 years?

I could go on so much more.

Edited by McCroskey
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

This is hilarious lol. 

Seriously why is this so hard? 

Because some don't want anything to change if it inconveniences them. It's fine for other people's kids to die as long as you can buy as many guns as you want. The Republican Party does an amazing magic act where they lull people to do nothing. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Did you vote for Abbott, Cruz, or cornyn? If so

tom cruise GIF

Come tell me that to my face and I’ll laugh at you and pour a freshly opened beer down over your head just so I can laugh again.   Or, you can understand that your hyperbolic reactions are completely missing 

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

And yet you don’t know me or what/who I vote for.  So go fuck yourself 

Ok then who do you vote for? I know what you post on this site and most of it doesn’t support your claims of what you’re a supposed defender of. So please enlighten us. I assume you’re voting Beto since he’s the closest to the things you said you support 

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Trey3216 said:

Come tell me that to my face and I’ll laugh at you and pour a freshly opened beer down over your head just so I can laugh again.   Or, you can understand that your hyperbolic reactions are completely missing 

I mean if you live in Houston I'll buy you the beer to pour on me lol. I'm just saying: if you actually want to do something about children getting murdered by gunmen in schools, then you shouldn't vote for politicians that will blindly protect gun ownership and oppose any gun regulation.

So again: have you voted for any politician that's taken NRA or gun lobby money? Or a politician that's opposed universal background checks? Or conversely, have you voted for a politician that has at least stated a desire to address children getting murdered by gunmen in their school?

• Hook 'Em 5

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Fuck you for being a shitforbrains clown assuming there's ways to figure out who's as responsible as you vs someone about to go off the deep end and shoot up your daughters' school.  Sadly we need to restrict access for everyone so we don't end up with this type of bullshit.  The vast majority of these school shootings occur with people who legally obtained guns or had very easy access to some irresponsible dipshit who legally obtained said firearm (not you!).  

Again, nobody said you're not responsible, although your insane rantings here make me wonder.  The point is we can't have nice things because of the crazies out there.  The rest of the world has figured this out.  And if I had a dollar for every tough guy with guns put in their faces I'd be a full on billionaire and not just surly aristocrat fake billionaire.  So do your daughters a favor and vote for some restrictions on guns. hopefully you never have to feel what those parents feel today.  

I pray that I don’t. I don’t have any insane rantings.  I got a post moved from the other thread to here telling someone to shut their dumbass up on the news thread, because apparently trying to keep it a news thread is akin to being a right wing gestappo Nazi.  

we can’t have  a lot of nice things because of stupid fucking people.  And a lot of those stupid fucking people are the people that keep these career fuckfaces in office until they can’t speak English anymore.  

This is the culmination and continuance of 40 years of government propping up and liberalizing laws around guns and avoiding spending money on mental health that starts with Reagan (notwithstanding Brady Bill) and flows through current MAGA bullshit.

Selling guns = capitalism and helping the mentally ill = social safety net so this isn’t changing  - it’s just not   We are fucked   And it’s not “both sides”.   Fuck the enablers from redneck YouTuber in truck to Ted Cruz to “fiscally conservative republicans” that continue to vote for their wallet instead of the greater good  

• Hook 'Em 3

I'm not going to say any specific DT posters actively root for school shootings, but I fucking 100% believe that guys like Ted Cruz and Josh Hawley get fully erect whenever one happens. They're amoral vermin who love to use people's anguish to rally their own voters in opposition as just another way to own the libs. And the DT crowd and people like them all over the country still fucking vote for them. So it doesn't really matter that certain posters aren't actively rooting for school shootings, because they're actively enabling them with their votes.

This. 1000X this.

No, you don't get it. It doesn't matter if you watch Tucker or not, because you vote the way he wants you to vote.

And yet you don’t know me or what/who I vote for.  So go fuck yourself 

You voted for Abbott. You voted for Cruz. Own it. Show some courage and accountability.

All I’m asking is….please, for the love of humanity, don’t ever do so again. Stop supporting people who are getting us and our children killed.

Just now, High Plains Drifter said:

Why wouldn’t they speak? If they didn’t speak, they would actually be acknowledging the problem instead of just pretending that all we can do is pray that sky daddy will fix it for us. They’re going to speak, it’s going to be disgusting, and pieces of shit will continue to vote for them while telling us all about how much they care and how tragic things are. 

• Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This. 1000X this.

You voted for Abbott. You voted for Cruz. Own it. Show some courage and accountability.

All I’m asking is….please, for the love of humanity, don’t ever do so again. Stop supporting people who are getting us and our children killed.

No shit. @Trey3216 - believe it or not you are not some great mystery. You can couch your classical liberal all you want but you have literally never made a post that is slanted in any way to be pro-democrat or anti-republican. Maybe you just don't vote. Frankly that would be ideal. Because you sure as shit aren't pulling any (D) levers.

1 minute ago, Serak The Preparer said:

No shit. @Trey3216 - believe it or not you are not some great mystery. You can couch your classical liberal all you want but you have literally never made a post that is slanted in any way to be pro-democrat or anti-republican. Maybe you just don't vote. Frankly that would be ideal. Because you sure as shit aren't pulling any (D) levers.

Classical liberalism has nothing to do with democrats, or republicans.  That is a fact.   

I was in the middle of multi-quoting a bunch of the posts quoting me, and I caught a nice lightning strike in the back yard that knocked all my shit out for 10 minutes.  Been on the road all day, saving it for the morning.    

but yes.  I have voted for some dems, and some repubs, and a primarily independents or libertarians if they’re actually available on a ticket.  If there’s not an independent or libertarian available for certain positions, I will normally vote oppo (party not incumbent) 

I literally don’t want anyone that’s in office right now to be in office ever again

I'm about to have my first kid, literally any day now. What a disaster of a country we are bringing him into. At least it gives me something to care about and a reason to fight for a less fucked up state/country, however futile that may be. Fuck.

10 minutes ago, HenryJames said:

Heartbreaking to start seeing pictures of victims. I would say Ted Cruz and his merry band of shitheels should have to sit down with the families of these victims to explain why they endorses gun violence, but they've already suffered enough.

• Like 2

Just now, royiv said:

Heartbreaking to start seeing pictures of victims. I would say Ted Cruz and his merry band of shitheels should have to sit down with the families of these victims to explain why they endorses gun violence, but they've already suffered enough.

Inundate Cruz and others with pictures of the dead children

8 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

Classical liberalism has nothing to do with democrats, or republicans.  That is a fact.   

I was in the middle of multi-quoting a bunch of the posts quoting me, and I caught a nice lightning strike in the back yard that knocked all my shit out for 10 minutes.  Been on the road all day, saving it for the morning.    

but yes.  I have voted for some dems, and some repubs, and a primarily independents or libertarians if they’re actually available on a ticket.  If there’s not an independent or libertarian available for certain positions, I will normally vote oppo (party not incumbent) 

I literally don’t want anyone that’s in office right now to be in office ever again

Ah yes Libertarians. The party noted for things like <checks notes> background checks and gun control. Jesus, Gary Johnson was booed for supporting the need for driver's licenses at the Libertarian Presidential Debate

Again you are not happy about dead kids but you are ok with it. It is the price of doing business.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Hank Kingsley said:

Just got a text from a close friend. His father-in-law is from Uvalde. FIL has a friend who is a Ranger that served in Iraq...he said this was the bloodiest thing he's ever seen. 

Fuck. 

I wonder if doing what Mamie Till did to shock the conscience of the nation would help in this case? She insisted that her murdered son’s horribly disfigured corpse be displayed in an open casket in order for the world to get a glimpse of the horrific violence visited upon him. Is it time we stop sanitizing the kind of carnage that occurred today in Uvalde and force America to see what we countenance?

• Hook 'Em 7

5 minutes ago, Chooky said:

I don't know you or anything about you. But I know for a fact that you're way too old to be typing "say that to my face" on the internet. 

And that’s totally fair.  I apologize for my defensive fervor on that one.   I suppose I should have said that he can go fuck his own face as well.   

Hello: long time lurker, since Shaggy. I know how this forum can be, I also know how it can be. Would anyone be interest in going on on some billboards with me? I don't like Cruz, nor Abbott. I am broken after today. I don't know what else I can do

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, taco said:

Hello: long time lurker, since Shaggy. I know how this forum can be, I also know how it can be. Would anyone be interest in going on on some billboards with me? I don't like Cruz, nor Abbott. I am broken after today. I don't know what else I can do

quoting so you see where I moved the post.

• Hook 'Em 5

9 minutes ago, Satchel said:

I wonder if doing what Mamie Till did to shock the conscience of the nation would help in this case? She insisted that her murdered son’s horribly disfigured corpse be displayed in an open casket in order for the world to get a glimpse of the horrific violence visited upon him. Is it time we stop sanitizing the kind of carnage that occurred today in Uvalde and force America to see what we countenance?

I'll be damned if this isn't a horrifically correct idea. Show the world just what our obsession with guns has led to. 

• Hook 'Em 3

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread