Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

4 hours ago, burntorangebongos said:

I fucking suck for not doing anything about this. Making children less safe so we can have our right to bear arms. Marking so many deaths and feeling helpless. I did this by doing nothing but reading about it and shaking my head! FUCK THAT!!!

I want the people in this sick boy's life to be held accountable.  they are alive, put them in jail. If they are dead, take their estate and pay it to the victims. You don't get to raise a mentally ill person with needs that you don't do enough to address and not bear the brunt of responsibility! GET THE FUCKING HELP NEEDED. Fuck shielding these families from public humiliation and accountability. MAKE THEM PAY!!!

There are a lot of mentally ill people who would never do anything like this but we know enough now to have a profile of those who might and how they might be acting before something happens. Create awareness and make people know they are accountable for their sick child's actions 100% if they act on their sick ideations. This is where we are at. This is what is needed since we won't stop worshiping the second amendment and putting guns on a pedestal. 

what help from where funded by who?

https://www.salon.com/2018/02/24/the-gops-mental-health-hypocrisy/

• Rage+1 1

9 minutes ago, taco said:

Hello: long time lurker, since Shaggy. I know how this forum can be, I also know how it can be. Would anyone be interest in going on on some billboards with me? I don't like Cruz, nor Abbott. I am broken after today. I don't know what else I can do

Come on down and holler with the rest of us. I'll be glad to contribute to billboards against either of those rat bastards. 

7 minutes ago, Seasick Sailor said:

There's the confirmation I didn't fucking want.

Goddammit.

They can't show the pics because it wouldn't make it past the lawyers. The parents are going to have to make it happen. 

DNA testing because they have no face.

I ain't gonna sleep real well.

• Rage+1 2

3 hours ago, immamac said:

They should just turn off all the news and just show the names of the people who were murdered and their faces - kill all commercial activity and news around the country - cancel all the sports games. Make every person feel this. Until that happens tomorrow will just be another day, people have already fucking moved on already tonight. 

America breeds killers, literal murderers of our own children. America is a failed capitalist worshipping state. These children's blood are being perversely used to do anything but solve the problem. 

142259506_giphy(1)(3).gif.54f8166cff173f342483c3fea99e46ae.gif

childish-gambino-this-is-america.gif.9f76580b85e37135afc7d9fca6f6ff4c.gif

thats ci

5 minutes ago, Queen Bitch said:

Good rule of thumb -- if you're sharing a tweet that's several hours old, we already saw it several hours ago. 

that's cute.

Edited by brakeman
gun control now.

Just now, elfenix said:

someone on twitter says the NRA convention is in houston this weekend.

Hey Farva, What’s the name of that restaurant you like with all the crazy stuff on the walls? 

People responding to this with voting are trying to say the right thing but unfortunately it hasn't ever mattered and won't matter now. Carlin was right on the money

"Elections and politicians are in place in order to give Americans the ILLUSION that they have freedom of choice. You don't really have choice in this country."

"Have you ever noticed that the only metaphor we have in our public discourse for solving problems is to declare war on it? We have the war on crime, the war on cancer, the war on drugs. But did you ever notice that we have no war on homelessness? You know why?

Because there's no money in that problem. No money to be made off of the homeless. If you can find a solution to homelessness where the corporations and politicians can make a few million dollars each, you will see the streets of America begin to clear up pretty damn quick!"

Replace homelessness with gun bans and it's the same point. There's no money for the top wealthy Americans, and in conjunction American politicians, to make from gun control. In fact it would cost certain wealthy and politicians money. 

When was the last time legislation was enacted that cost the wealthy and the politicians money? They don't have to because Americans have no power to enact change. They keep us fooled with this voting illusion so we think we do and put our energy in that instead of justified political assassinations and attempts to decapitate the heads of government to enact change. 

America's soul was sold by it's leadership for wealth and power a long time ago. It's something we as Americans can either come to grips with or live in denial over but it's reality. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Bullneck said:

7 hours ago, South Austin said:

Hard to chuckle at a time like this, but I’ve always like this bit from Jim Jefferies on America's attitude toward gun control.

Jim Jefferies is brilliant and I really miss Legit. That was a great show. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Trey3216 said:

I literally don’t want anyone that’s in office right now to be in office ever again

Good to know that you're dissatisfied with your representation and how things are going.

If I recall correctly, you're a resident of McLennan County. So, do we have your word you'll never again vote for any of the following? There seems to be one identifiable trait that ought to make it easy for you to identify them in the future.

• Greg Abbott (R) Texas Governor
  • Dan Patrick (R) Texas Lt. Governor
  • Glenn Hegar (R) Texas Comptroller
  • Ken Paxton (R) Texas AG
  • Sid Miller (R) Texas Ag Commissioner
  • Wayne Christian (R) Texas RR Commissioner
  • Brian Birdwell (R) Texas Senate
  • Kyle Kacal (R) Texas Rep or
  • Charles Anderson (R) Texas Rep
  • Nathan L. Hecht  (R) Texas Supreme Court Chief Justice
  • Jimmy Blacklock (R) Texas Supreme Court
  • Debra Lehrmann (R) Texas Supreme Court
  • John Devine (R) Texas Supreme Court
  • Paul Green (R) Texas Supreme Court
  • Jane Bland (R) Texas Supreme Court
  • Jeffrey S. Boyd (R) Texas Supreme Court
  • Brett Busby (R) Texas Supreme Court
  • Eva M. Guzman (R) Texas Supreme Court
  • Sue Melton-Malone (R) SBOE

• Ted Cruz (R) US Senate
  • John Cornyn (R) US Senate
  • Pete Sessions (R) US Rep
Edited by bolverk
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, elfenix said:

someone on twitter says the NRA convention is in houston this weekend.

And despite there being a literal convention hall full of good guys with guns, they're banning guns from the NRA convention.  The right will not see the irony. 

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, brakeman said:

unbelievable.

As of four years ago, a fifth of Texas school districts allowed teachers to be armed and more than half had either LEOs, SROs, and/or armed teachers.

https://www.caller.com/story/news/education/2018/02/22/texas-172-school-districts-allow-teachers-staff-armed/364677002/

This is dated but more detail:

Guardian Plan

Another provision in the act allows schools to authorize greater access to firearms on campus. Under the Guardian Plan, a district can grant anyone, including employees, permission to carry firearms on campuses through a contract. A guardian basically is there for mainly dealing with school shootings, whereas the Marshal has more of a law enforcement position.

According to Dax González, a spokesperson for the Texas Association of School Boards, few districts chose to go the route of a School Marshal and instead opted for the more flexibility provided by the Guardian Program. The best estimate is that between 20 and 50 districts utilize the Marshal Program.

The Association revealed, as of February 2018, approximately 172 school districts allowed a teacher, coach, or other individuals to carry a concealed weapon while at work. In addition to districts utilizing the School Marshal or Guardian Program, about 150 districts have their own police departments, and more than 250 districts without police have school resource officers.

https://www.uslawshield.com/texas-school-guardian-program/

8 hours ago, Dahobbs said:

Not really. It's obviously mostly sarcastic. Mostly. But I think there is more than some truth there too. Politicians feel safe to spew their bullshit because it doesn't actually affect them. I'm fucking tired of it. If someone in this country has to have a gun to their head, as apparently is the case, it should be a group that fucking deserves it and not innocent kids. 

Anyway, if you need to edit or delete, go for it. I can't do it myself at this point. 

You were right the first time.  The only thing these psycho Reps value more than power is their own skin.  Make them put it in the game. 

5 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

every douche bag R will be speaking. im expecting some epic protests 

I’ll chip in for one of those Soros buses filled with protesters. Only qualification is said protesters need to know how to throw a Molotov cocktail and burn the fucking building down. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Hermanator said:

People responding to this with voting are trying to say the right thing but unfortunately it hasn't ever mattered and won't matter now. Carlin was right on the money

"Elections and politicians are in place in order to give Americans the ILLUSION that they have freedom of choice. You don't really have choice in this country."

"Have you ever noticed that the only metaphor we have in our public discourse for solving problems is to declare war on it? We have the war on crime, the war on cancer, the war on drugs. But did you ever notice that we have no war on homelessness? You know why?

Because there's no money in that problem. No money to be made off of the homeless. If you can find a solution to homelessness where the corporations and politicians can make a few million dollars each, you will see the streets of America begin to clear up pretty damn quick!"

Replace homelessness with gun bans and it's the same point. There's no money for the top wealthy Americans, and in conjunction American politicians, to make from gun control. In fact it would cost certain wealthy and politicians money. 

When was the last time legislation was enacted that cost the wealthy and the politicians money? They don't have to because Americans have no power to enact change. They keep us fooled with this voting illusion so we think we do and put our energy in that instead of justified political assassinations and attempts to decapitate the heads of government to enact change. 

America's soul was sold by it's leadership for wealth and power a long time ago. It's something we as Americans can either come to grips with or live in denial over but it's reality. 

This was driven home with the pandemic. When it was a threat to everyone, the money was found to create a vaccine for a novel virus within a year. You think there aren't multiple other diseases that couldn't be cured with the proper funding? 

But instead, we have to sit around and hope our benevolent overlords Gates, Zuckerberg, Bezos, Musk, etc. decide they want to throw some money at a problem so they can be considered a brilliant philanthropist. Good thing we let the rich continue to consolidate power by buying politicians! 

Fuck LaPierre. Fuck Fox News. Fuck Abbot and Cruz and all the others.

• Hook 'Em 5

Shouldn't today be a national day of mourning? No work, no school, no activity of any kind. Nah, fuck all that. Press on capitalism. If this had happened anywhere else there'd be a week of mourning. We call events like this Tuesday in merica.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

35 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Every station in America (sans Fox et al), should run a split screen live of NRA convention on one side and memorial services/pictures of Uvalde on the other side.  Non-stop.

40% of the country would write the images off as a liberal media conspiracy while continuing to fill 70% of the senate with likeminded assholes.

Unless we are collectively (and ironically) ready to start voting from the rooftops, times they aren’t a-changing‘.

I wish it were not so.

The more I think about it, the more I think I was wrong to say it was just the Cruz and Hawley types that get excited when school shootings happen. I think all Republican politicians and pundits do. The more school shootings there are, the more people are scared to send their kids to public schools. The school shooters are literally helping them carry out a vital part of their agenda. They all support this shit:

Edited by wildcat09
  • Rage+1 7

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

The more I think about it, the more I think I was wrong to say it was just the Cruz and Hawley types that get excited when school shootings happen. I think all Republican politicians and pundits do. The more school shootings there are, the more people are scared to send their kids to public schools. The school shooters are literally helping them carry out a vital part of their agenda. They all support this shit:

Yep, one of the rightwing nuts said the same thing on the snowflake thread.  This is what they want. 

13 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Tim Pool left school at age 14. I hold the effluent he produces as poor (he has alternatively described himself as an activist or a journalist depending upon the way the wind and the money blows.) In the world of 'influencers' the more people that listen to him and his ilk, the more America will resemble the world that slumdog millionaire Jamal inhabited.

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
  • Rage+1 1

22 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

“Homeschool your kids because it’s just a given that people will go into public schools shooting the place up, and we can’t do anything about that, so instead of talking about getting the bullets away from the kids, let’s figure out how to get the kids away from the bullets.”

Little Timmy just forgot to include what followed after the first three words.

Edited by hpslugga

24 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Except they went crazy trying to do that during the pandemic and got all up in arms (pun intended) about reopening the schools. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, WhatTheBuck said:

Or church. 

Oh yeah. How could I forget that? Again, every excuse or suggestion except maybe not letting an 18 year old legally buy weapons that can kill children in such a fashion that they can't be identified by their parents. We won't let them buy beer but an AR 15 is fine. 

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Homeschool your kids. It's not like they won't die at other places you might take them. Like the mall, the grocery store, the movie theater. 

He means homeschool them on proper gun use.  So they can save all the people in the places you mentioned.  

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Homeschool your kids. It's not like they won't die at other places you might take them. Like the mall, the grocery store, the movie theater. 

This, like everything else with the 2022 GQP, goes back to punishing the poor.  Further gut public schools.  Encourage those with means to homeschool or to send their kids to private schools, and leave the public schools to the poors, with teachers afraid to teach due to the shootings, and getting prosecuted for teaching about slavery, and poor parents who continue to have to worry about their kids getting shot in the face every day.

• Hook 'Em 2

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread