Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

2 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

The official story about Uvalde is going to keep changing until they find one that white people are comfortable with

If the good guys with guns did nothing, that argument is over.
If the police waited for the murders to happen, then Blue Lives are the Only Ones That Matter.
If 40% of a city's budget isn't enough to stop one teen, the police should be defunded.
If the Shooter is a US citizen, it isn't immigrants killing your children.
If he bought his gun legally, it isn't loopholes arming demented people.

So my guess is this will be like Sandy Hook; conspiracies, actors, false flags, etc.

Nows not the time to do something, need to pray on it and collect a few more NRA checks. 

Now we’re starting to learn why they want to arm the teachers.  They can do the police’s job.

It’ll give them someone to blame at the next one. If only that dumb bitch who lived off the government teet for years hadn’t waited so long to fire at the shooter and didn’t have horrible sim she could have saved the lives of the poor students in her protection

- do we know why the truck crashed into the ditch? Was he being pursued, probably not my guess. 

- did the teacher from room 132 go outside to get her phone? did she go back into the school and still left the door propped open? Is the door always propped open for easier access for staff? 

- when did the 19 cops enter the building? Was all the shooting done by then?

- were the kids phone calls coming from other rooms or the death chamber?

- seems there was continuous gunfire for 40-60 minutes, true? Didn't the 19 cops inside the building hear that? 

I've got a feeling there's going to be more crazy theories to this than the JFK assassination. 

one thing about Cornyn, he's approachable on 'liberal' issues.  He walked away from the conference yesterday and rumors he's in contact with the CT Senator (sandy hook). 

Perfect political solution -- tell R Senators we Dems will vote for you if you pass gun reform. They will lose gun nut votes, but get loads more from Dems. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Snake Diggity said:

I am pretty surprised there haven’t been more protests/riots etc about this.  Contrasted to the reaction to something like George Floyd’s murder (for which I think the resulting nationwide protest was justified), you would think 19 little children getting slaughtered while cops cowered in fear nearby would trigger a similar if not greater response.

Well in Texas, the gun nuts would shoot the protestors and claim castle doctrine. Protecting their guns.  Walk away with no charges. 

7 minutes ago, Starfleet Command said:

How can they go with “we thought they were all dead woops” excuse when it’s already gotten out that there were multiple calls to police from the kids/teachers throughout the event? 

Because they know cop worshipers will buy it.

• Hook 'Em 3

This whole situation is completely fucked. The updates out today of there being close to 60 magazines on the school campus and 1600+ rounds of ammunition in his possession are key points in how fucked up our gun culture is. There is no reasonable explanation as to why an 18 year old or really anyone has that in his possession. This whole phenomenon is new and government action is the only way to get it under control. Stop the sale of military look weapons, limit the sale of long rifle ammunition, everything goes through a federal database, and on and on the decisions should go. Grow a fucking pair and legislate the issues. Let’s dump a whole bunch of money into the mental health care system and as far as I’m concerned we can also limit the sale of violent games and certain internet access to. 

This culture is out of control. My parents had a dealer’s license and you just didn’t see this level of hoarding and buying 30 years ago. People had long rifles, multiple shotguns, etc. but there was not widespread ownership of the arsenals you see today. That combined with the culture we are currently in is just going to lead to more posts in this thread going forward.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Chances are they propped the door open because the AC was not working because Texas schools are in disrepair because of the states failure to properly fund education.

I bet it was just a human being a human. I've seen it in my own business where "it'll never happen here" leads to lapses where this wasn't locked or that was left out. This is especially true in a small town like Uvalde where you have a strong sense of community and a feeling of safety. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

In some ways, they ---- and even Stanco ----- are correct. It's not the guns per se.  It's crazy (or violent) people with easy access to guns. 

But, ultimately its easier to get rid of the guns than it is the crazy people. 

Guns don't kill people. People with guns kill people. 

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

This is going to get even uglier, I’m afraid.

FOX BREAKING NEWS!!

"We are hearing reports that the teacher had just finished up a lesson on cross dressing and gay-pedo sex and was just about to start her lesson on Critical Race Theory when she decided to saw a transvestite outside with a gun and decided to prop the door open. "

• Haha 2
  • Rage+1 4

1 hour ago, JFKFC said:

The Republicans have their top intellects on the case.

To be totally fair, I think he tried to correct himself to say "men or women looking at social media" rather than " men looking at women".

But he is a mush-brained idiot. And somehow a "department" to monitor what a person does in his own home is not an infringement of constitutional rights, but reasonable gun restrictions are? 

• Rage+1 1

37 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Chances are they propped the door open because the AC was not working because Texas schools are in disrepair because of the states failure to properly fund education.

you libs are all the same - in the pocket of big air conditioning. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Horndog said:

To be totally fair, I think he tried to correct himself to say "men or women looking at social media" rather than " men looking at women".

But he is a mush-brained idiot. And somehow a "department" to monitor what a person does in his own home is not an infringement of constitutional rights, but reasonable gun restrictions are? 

Yeah, don't take our guns, but go ahead and monitor everyone's social media accounts.  

spacer.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

for some reason we automatically hang a label of hero on someone that has passed a civil servants exam and police training for a few weeks/month.

Same reason many of my dipshit (R) voting suburban neighbors have blue porch lights and reflexively thank anyone in a military or cop uni for their "service."

2 hours ago, Keef said:

Per the NYT, the Border Patrol swat team unit was there at noon - far earlier than previously disclosed - and was ordered by the UPD not to go in (Border Patrol had no idea why).  

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Cops making false statements to the public needs to be made a felony. It'd be better if they just shut the fuck up and spent a week saying "we're trying to gather all the evidence and can't say anything until we do" than their immediate copaganda bullshit.

Remember one of the earlier reports out had a border patrol agent responding to the call for help, rushing in because his kid went to that school, and exchanging gunfire with the killer, killing him. Is there another profession that can be so wildly inaccurate with zero repercussions? 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

15 minutes ago, Horndog said:

Republican men don’t look at pictures of women online. They look at guns and jerk off to it 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

This whole situation is completely fucked. The updates out today of there being close to 60 magazines on the school campus and 1600+ rounds of ammunition in his possession are key points in how fucked up our gun culture is. There is no reasonable explanation as to why an 18 year old or really anyone has that in his possession. This whole phenomenon is new and government action is the only way to get it under control. Stop the sale of military look weapons, limit the sale of long rifle ammunition, everything goes through a federal database, and on and on the decisions should go. Grow a fucking pair and legislate the issues. Let’s dump a whole bunch of money into the mental health care system and as far as I’m concerned we can also limit the sale of violent games and certain internet access to. 
This culture is out of control. My parents had a dealer’s license and you just didn’t see this level of hoarding and buying 30 years ago. People had long rifles, multiple shotguns, etc. but there was not widespread ownership of the arsenals you see today. That combined with the culture we are currently in is just going to lead to more posts in this thread going forward.

60 loaded magazines is nearly 60 lbs.

2 hours ago, wildcat09 said:

Cops making false statements to the public needs to be made a felony. It'd be better if they just shut the fuck up and spent a week saying "we're trying to gather all the evidence and can't say anything until we do" than their immediate copaganda bullshit.

david simon has been beating the same drum for decades, but part of his current hbo series we own this city touches on all the facets of a "dirty cop" and why he/she may still be on the streets.  one aspect i found kinda new and interesting (for a tv show) was the idea that some of these cops can't even be put on the stand because they had either perjured themselves or attempted to so many times in the past that the juries wouldn't believe them anymore.

cops who made bad calls, bad arrests, stole from people, injured people (both criminals and civilians), and then when it came time to go to trial, couldn't even be counted on by the prosecutors.  rotten to the core, i believe is the appropriate term.  there's nothing they won't do or say if it means covering their own ass.

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Aqua Buddha said:

If they monitor their social media accounts, what are they going to do to take the guns away from the crazy people?

lol, are you debating Hershel's solution like it was rational thought?

1 hour ago, horn4life said:

Interesting a lot of detail on the propped open door that teachers walked by, but when asked about "Where was the resource officer?"   Answer; "We will have all those answers down the road."   What is interesting to me is that timeline here BEGINS at the school, rather than after the shooting of the Grandmother in the face.  

11:27 door propped open by teacher; 11:28 truck crashes, teacher runs for phone from room #132 (outing the teacher) then goes to door that remains propped open; 11:30 teacher calls 911 man with a gun as the kid opens fire on funeral home workers.  11:31 first shots fired at school.  11:36 killer enters school. 

I feel sorry for the guy talking as he is tasked with standing up and giving indefensible timelines for indefensible inaction.  Hundreds of rounds fired initially.  Basically the logic is that all the kids are already dead. And that guides the decision to not breach sooner.  You will notice as this drags on that almost all the inaccurate information originally given will be more flattering to law enforcement.  The information that comes out later that is accurate will most often be information that is unflattering.

It is a horrible thing for anyone to have to stand up and address this shit.  I genuinely feel sorry for the guy.  But I also recognize why the door propped open was mentioned twice early in the press conference, and the timeline starts at the school rather than when Grandma gets shot in the face. It's by design.

It took 8 minutes to show up to a truck crash?  And 6 minutes to respond to someone shooting at funeral home workers?  They seem slow.

Jeez, this stuff about the cops is sickening.  Uvalde is a small Mexican-American town in South Texas, something I’m super familiar with.  There’s not a lot of tension between cops and community in those locales, they recruit almost exclusively from a local pool, and the citizenry generally likes their cops, who are friends and cousins and siblings. All this is to say I do not know how these guys are going to be able to show their faces in a place like Uvalde. I’d be packing my stuff already, I can’t imagine how that department ever regains trust or even tolerance. 

Also, all this plays directly into the harden the schools/train the teachers narrative and we need to keep our eyes on the ball. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, lemonlime said:

She’s not the lucky one. Her family is. She’s going to have to live with this for the rest of her life.

https://www.independent.co.uk/sport/tennis/andy-murray-texas-shooting-dunblane-b2086788.html

Heard about this a few years ago.  

Dunblane massacre survivor Andy Murray brands Texas school shooting ‘f***ing madness’

The three-time grand slam champion survived the Dunblane school shooting in 1996

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread