Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

4 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

So I’m trying to picture what it looked like when the piece of shit cops walked into the school and got their own kids out safely. Did they just look at the other kids and say “you’re fucked kids, good luck!” And then shut the door and leave? 

I get wanting to go in and get your kids, LIKE THE OTHER PARENTS THAT WERE PEPPER SPRAYED AND TACKLED for trying to do the same. Fuck cops. 

Is that real or just twitter bullshit?

• Like 1

Part of problem is that yesterday was the last day of school. Hard for kids to organize this kind of thing in 2 days. May see some sparks at graduations, or in graduation speeches, but it looks like some districts are nipping that in the bud.

https://lakehighlands.advocatemag.com/2022/05/27/risd-moves-to-pre-record-graduation-speeches/

Easy way to handle it - full defiance and civil disobedience. During the ceremony, stand up, as a group collectively state your stance, and walk the fuck out. “If you won’t let us speak up for our very lives, we want nothing more to do with you. Mail us our diplomas. And then go to hell.”

Our leadership sucks, and I really like it when our young people fuck back.

We should ask the UK how they solved the problem of absent fathers, declining church attendance, social media, and video games. 
They didn't? And they still don't have mass killings at schools?
Fancy that.

Logic and reason have no place in this discussion. Why, logic and reason sound like a commie plot. Why are you a commie who wants to politicize this for Soros’s gain? Antifa! MAGA! Rigged election!
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, bolverk said:

After Texas shooting, progressive Democrats lash out at party leaders over support for Cuellar.

The deadly school shooting in Texas has heightened tensions among Democrats over the still-uncalled runoff between Representative Henry Cuellar and his progressive challenger, Jessica Cisneros, who are separated by a razor-thin margin in a district less than three hours away from the small community rocked by the latest massacre on American soil.

Progressive Democrats lashed out at party leaders who rallied behind Mr. Cuellar in the final weeks of the primary, arguing that their support is emblematic of the party’s hypocrisy on the issue of gun violence.

Mr. Cuellar, a moderate House Democrat who had the backing of the chamber’s top brass, has been a staunch opponent of gun control legislation during his nine terms in Congress and holds an “A” rating from the National Rifle Association. He breaks from the party on abortion access, too, making him the only House Democrat opposed to it.

After the Tuesday shooting, which occurred on the same day as the runoff, Mr. Cuellar wrote on Twitter that he was “heartbroken.”

“Let us pray for peace,” he wrote. “Let us come together for our neighbors that need support. And let us remember the bright lives we lost today.”

Representative Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez criticized the money and time Democratic leaders spent to help Mr. Cuellar, writing in a tweet that those efforts reflected poorly on the party after a gunman killed 19 children and two teachers in a Texas classroom.

“On the day of a mass shooting and weeks after news of Roe, Democratic Party leadership rallied for a pro-NRA, anti-choice incumbent under investigation in a close primary,” Ms. Ocasio-Cortez tweeted. “Robocalls, fundraisers, all of it. Accountability isn’t partisan. This was an utter failure of leadership.”

Speaker Nancy Pelosi recorded her voice for pro-Cuellar robocalls that went out to Texas voters on Election Day, as did Representative James E. Clyburn of South Carolina, the third-ranking House Democrat, who also visited Texas to campaign alongside Mr. Cuellar in early May.

Mr. Cuellar’s record on abortion came under renewed scrutiny after a draft of a Supreme Court opinion overturning Roe v. Wade was leaked this month, but Ms. Pelosi defended him. In an early May interview with Insider, she called Mr. Cuellar a “valued member” of the Democratic caucus.

Ms. Pelosi and other Democratic leaders have been steadfast in their commitment to protecting incumbents. Some also see Mr. Cuellar as a stronger candidate against a Republican in what could be a competitive general election fight this November.

“Which is more important — to have a pro-life Democrat or to have an anti-abortion Republican?” Mr. Clyburn asked while stumping for Mr. Cuellar in early May. “Because come November, that could very well be the choice in this district.”

Ms. Cisneros, a 28-year-old immigration lawyer who ran on a platform that supported gun restrictions, was endorsed by the progressive senators Elizabeth Warren and Bernie Sanders. They echoed their frustrations with the party’s leaders in an interview with Politico. Mr. Sanders condemned Democrats’ willingness to work “alongside a corporate PAC to defeat a young woman who is a strong progressive.”

Ms. Warren slammed Mr. Cuellar’s political record.

“We don’t need a member of Congress with a top rating by the N.R.A. to block any gun safety legislation, or someone who votes against Roe v. Wade,” she said, reiterating her support for Ms. Cisneros.

The 28th Congressional District, where the two are facing off, sits on the southern border of the congressional district containing Uvalde, where the shooting took place.

The two candidates are separated by under 200 votes and the race has not been called, but Mr. Cuellar has already declared victory.

https://www.expressnews.com/news/local/article/Uvalde-schools-police-chief-had-extensive-17204370.php

United ISD Police Chief Ray Garner said that before Arredondo came to work for him, Arredondo had worked for Webb County Sheriff Martin Cuellar and was the No. 3 person at that office.

Cuellar and Arredono could not be reached for comment for this story.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Who needs a tank when all you require is a modified killdozer?

I'm hanging up there in July. It's Trump country which is always fun. Random open air public use gun range right off the road real close and it always had dudes running their ARs. 

So they wanna blame a teacher for this? 
Fuck that shit. 
Only the sickest addle-brained gun sycophant would seek to place the blame on the teacher opening a door as a reason for this tragedy...

It will now be the right-wing talking point. It will replace mental health because that would allow them to ignore mental illness and blame a dead woman.
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 hours ago, Pancho said:

Had another conservative student a few years ago who told me it was his constitutional right to own a tank and the government was preventing him from doing so.

my response to him in front of the entire class: “why the fuck do you need a tank, John!”

I think he transferred to aggy or Sam 

You have obviously never encountered a feral pig!

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

America, man.

It should be pointed out that the video camera isn’t a magic eye. It’s a physical device that is carried by a person and that, with few exceptions, other people can see. It’s also possible for a 13-year-old to buy adult magazines or cigarettes in some stores and not have those shots included in the show. I can personally attest to the fact that an underage person can buy cigarettes and adult magazines. I never tried to buy a gun. And while guns are too easy to buy, we can’t know if the kid was turned down by anyone before he found a dealer who would sell him a gun. Video editing can be tricky that way. 

4 minutes ago, The Dog said:

Forgot to add to the above:

Well sure, but I'd like to see him go up against your average Texags commerical real estate agent in Navasota. 

Edited by Foosters
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

There are plenty of good reasons to crack open a door and this is certainly not any teacher's fault. The asshole was shooting through windows. He was going to find a way in.

But protecting 10 year olds from covid.. today? Is "Joanne" just making that up? I can't find any other source suggesting it. 

Edited by B00M
  • Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, B00M said:

There are plenty of good reasons to crack open a door and this is certainly not any teacher's fault. The asshole was shooting through windows. He was going to find a way in.

But protecting 10 year olds from covid.. today? Is "Joanne" just making that up? I can't find any other source suggesting it. 

Most likely it was for illicit smoke breaks, and I'm not going to shit on any faculty for that

• Hook 'Em 1

21 hours ago, Gil Bang said:

Other countries have mentality I’ll people without mass shootings.

Yeah right, Alfred Einstein. Name one country that has mentally ill people and fewer mass shootings than the US?  Oh, you can't use any country in Europe, the UK, Central America, South America, Canada or Mexico.  Asia is off limits, too. 

You keep saying mental health and yes, we need to do WAAAAAY more to address mental health in this country which your party hamstrings us from doing. Your saying "mental health" multiple times in this thread is an empty platitude since you're not going to change your voting pattern to actually allow mental health to be addressed. They won't even vote on background checks or red flag laws. 
Also, no one is saying you want to mass murder children or that your guns may do so but the fact of the matter is, you prioritize the ability to have those guns over taking them off the streets which would prevent mass shootings. So your personal belief system = going to the gun range > preventing mass shooting deaths. 

That’s an interesting take. Me and my boys who are in middle school shoot shotguns and rifles. We do clay targets as well. We are doing tomorrow actually. Shoot some clays. My 9 year old is new to this. Oh well. I know him. He won’t murder people.
  • Fuck You 13

11 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

They get to yell and stomp their feet and point at the cops. It's the perfect distraction.

Yeah, that’s not going to happen. They don’t do that. They like to present themselves as the party of law and order. You’re delusional.

1 hour ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

Cops fucking this up was like manna from heaven for the GOP.

I don't want to be a dick, so I'll calmly ask as best i can, "how so?". Everything i have read undermines the typical talking points and in fact points to the officers in charge being derelict in their duties, at best. How in any way is this a win for anyone?

5 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I don't want to be a dick, so I'll calmly ask as best i can, "how so?". Everything i have read undermines the typical talking points and in fact points to the officers in charge being derelict in their duties, at best. How in any way is this a win for anyone?

It’s a stupid take. He thinks it’s a win cuz now pubs can blame cops instead of guns. One side lives off of gun rights and back the blue. Both of those stupid ideas have been shattered for many people.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, markstanco said:

That’s an interesting take. Me and my boys who are in middle school shoot shotguns and rifles. We do clay targets as well. We are doing tomorrow actually. Shoot some clays. My 9 year old is new to this. Oh well. I know him. He won’t murder people.

But if he was murdered at school you might change your tune. Maybe. I hope you don't have to find out. 

Edited by Dahobbs

Just now, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

He’s full of shit. The GOP is going through the same dance they always do. The last thing they’ll ever do is suggest police reform or gun control. Things that, you know, might actually work to cut down on needless deaths of civilians whether they’re little children or unarmed black men.

Or journalists working overseas...for now. Eventually that will probably come to our shores and they’ll be okay with that too. You know, “Fake news!” and, “They’re the enemy of the state!” and all that bullshit. 

22 minutes ago, Snake Diggity said:

So the NRA deal went off without a hitch?  Trump and Cruz got up and spoke, uninterrupted?  Fuck me, this world really is nothing but ash.

I haven't read anything about it but $100 Trump said some dumb shit like if the election wasn't stolen and he was still president, this wouldn't have happened because he would have had Keanu Reeves go into our schools and teach the children how to dodge bullets.

Edited by Hmbre97

The question is, if you had the slightest concern that something was "off" about your kids, and he was capable of using a gun to hurt someone, would you remove the guns from your house? Would you give up those guns to possibly protect other people?

Well, the fact is, we have a lot of people that are "off", and we have a lot of people that are refusing to take away their access to guns.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

• Pancho changed the title to Active shooter thread