Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

38 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Y’all I’m not prone to conspiracy theories but I’m beginning to think those cops may have killed some of those kids or teachers.

At the very least, through their inaction they did. But yeah, I wouldn’t bet against them accidentally offing a child or two. 

I thought that too, but they’d have to gone in 90 mins before they did for that? Unless I missed something along the way. Fucking cowards. 

It’s the statement the cops made right afterwards that said something like “The gunman was responsible for the deaths of all the children” that struck me as odd.

Like, no shit?

But, also, why only mention the children and not all the victims?

IDK, I hate that my mind is going that way - makes me feel QAnony but the more that comes out about the police response and their abject dereliction of their duty, I just can’t ignore the feeling that they’re covering up something way more horrific than them just being lazy cowards.
  • Like 2

The fucking door wasn't locked?

I laughed at the initial explanation of "They were waiting an hour for a key to show up" but I guess that's better than them sitting for 90 minutes outside an unlocked door while kids are being gunned down inside. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I just can’t ignore the feeling that they’re covering up something way more horrific than them just being lazy cowards.

Oh there’s no doubt they are covering up something. The only doubt I have with friendly fire is they were too busy being cowards to be in position to friendly fire.  I’m guessing we are going to hear some pretty sick, tone deaf shit on the audio, too.  Well, if it can be secured before it’s accidentally destroyed. 

• Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

It’s the statement the cops made right afterwards that said something like “The gunman was responsible for the deaths of all the children” that struck me as odd.

Like, no shit?

But, also, why only mention the children and not all the victims?

IDK, I hate that my mind is going that way - makes me feel QAnony but the more that comes out about the police response and their abject dereliction of their duty, I just can’t ignore the feeling that they’re covering up something way more horrific than them just being lazy cowards.

I remember making a snarky comment to the effect that one of the teachers was killed by a cop back then too. 

when it comes out this actually happened the gun freaks will use it as an argument that limited access to AR 15 will still end with cops killing people with them. Which after all is their big fear that they will need them for a Branch Dravidian or Ruby Ridge standoff. 

22 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

At the very least, through their inaction they did. But yeah, I wouldn’t bet against them accidentally offing a child or two. 

My junior English teacher sure would've offed me.  But I'd damned sure thrown a desk at her beforehand.

All you need to know about Republicans and gun facts, is they PROHIBIT the use of federal dollars to even STUDY gun violence. No studies, no facts!

So Abbott and company are hiding and there are a stack of dead children whose parents want answers.  Usually the tell a huge fucking lie strategy works for the GOP.  THey tried that at Uvalde, did the usual allocation of blame to anyone but law enforcement, and now obfuscating  any factual information past inaccurate press conferences weeks ago?

Good new is Senator John Cornyn "got tired" of negotiating, predictably.  Why is it the party that always preaches personal responsibility,  is always dead set again ever stepping up and taking any?

Edited by horn4life
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, jimmyjazz said:

What is the rationale for an entry door to a room only being able to be locked from the outside?  Seems completely ass backwards.  Does code allow this?

all classroom doors in our school are like this. There is a key hole on the outside, but you can open the door from the inside whether the door is locked or not. Prevents entry to the room, but anyone in the room can always escape. The doors do not allow anyone to be locked in a room, only locked out.

And our procedure is that classroom doors are locked 100% of the time. We just have magnets you put in the door frame that slightly props the door so it doesn't latch. That way in a lockdown, anyone can pull the magnet and shut the door in seconds whether they have a key or not. Students can pull the magnet, etc. These magnets are specifically designed for this. You can google "lockdown magnet" and see lots of versions.

• Like 4
  • Rage+1 2

37 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Just another day in the greatest country in the world.

apparently occurred at a Juneteenth celebration. I'm sure the thoughtful, measured comments from the far right will be comforting to those who were injured.

D.C. Police Chief Robert Contee says that four people, including a 15-year-old male, two adult civilians and a police officer, were shot at the intersection of 14th and U Streets in Northwest. The teenager has died.

The shooting was first reported to WTOP after 8 p.m. in the area near a “Moechella” event — a downtown Juneteenth celebration not approved by D.C. officials.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

Millions of people buy guns to feel less fearful and to use them with the smallest provocation. We can’t pretend the carnage is a surprise. 

Just another day in the greatest country in the world.

5 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

We're a really shitty state. So many citizens here tamely let this playout without even taking notice.

NO! They actively look away!  Then retrench in ideals they do not believe in at all.  Like using tax dollars for the treatment of mental illness.  Much better to live in a pretend world where you can find kooky "news" to support whatever your non-fact based viewpoint is.  Hopes and prayers, and run out the clock.  Rinse, wash, repeat.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 3

13 hours ago, Hookah Horns said:

I'm starting to feel a bit ragey about this Uvalde coverup. 

im right there with you. had dinner with one of best friends and his family last night. haven't seen them in years. both are educators in Texas. I didn't want to bring this up at all, but they did. Just awful. Seething with anger, sadness, fear and tears. Talked about the drills, what their kids ask them and so on. Just makes me so fucking ragey that we do nothing to help out the teachers. instead we attack them with conspiracy theories and other BS. Of all the BS wrong in society we have one group the appears hellbent to attack teachers with trans bathroom choice, CRT and whatever fox tells them to panic about next. What a fucking timeline 🤬. i want my fucking money back.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

15 minutes ago, Satchel said:

Can you imagine the agony experienced by those Uvalde parents coming to grips with the revaluation that some of their kids could have been saved? I don’t know if I could handle something like that.

I suspect that's part of why the parents are not allowed into City Hall. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

Cops aren’t good guys. 

This. And it’s not any more complicated than this. They are not your friends. They are not here to help. They are here to serve themselves, their egos, and their thirst for flexing power over the rest of us.
If and when a cop is helpful, it’s incidental, and a lucky choice for you in that moment. That cop could just as easily chosen to hurt you, and get away with it. You just got lucky.
  • Like 1

Please forgive me. I'm still processing. As a parent, I can't fathom how I'd deal with the multiple layers of grief and anger:
1. I lost my young child.
2. I lost my young child to a brutal, senseless murder.
3. I lost my young child to a brutal, senseless murder that didn't have to happen if we had sane gun laws.
4. I lost my young child to a brutal, senseless murder that didn't have to happen if we had sane gun laws, but which might possibly have been prevented with a proper law enforcement response. 
5. I lost my young child to a brutal, senseless murder that didn't have to happen if we had sane gun laws, but which might possibly have been prevented with a proper law enforcement response but now we have a cover up so we won't understand what happened, and there is no accountability or recourse.

I'd probably be in jail or under the ground by now.

None of them care about you or your kids. They are all above you, and have nothing but contempt for you. They are incapable of and scorn empathy.
Nothing will change unless and until they feel similar pain. And they never will. They protect themselves.
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1