Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

14 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

None of them care about you or your kids. They are all above you, and have nothing but contempt for you. They are incapable of and scorn empathy.
Nothing will change unless and until they feel similar pain. And they never will. They protect themselves.

I'm aware. Just not sure what to do with muh emotions. I feel like normal people should be gnashing teeth and wailing in the streets... but there's nothing to be done that effects change. It's soul-destroying.

I'm aware. Just not sure what to do with muh emotions. I feel like normal people should be gnashing teeth and wailing in the streets... but there's nothing to be done that effects change. It's soul-destroying.

There right wing folks in this thread who claim that many of the gun control ideas such as age limits, waiting periods, and red flag laws would be acceptable. But, when you press them on voting for politicians that would support such legislation, well tough shit you fucking pussy, they can’t do that because this problem, you know the one where kids get murdered for no good fucking reason, is just not that important. Banning books, bathroom doors, and thoughts and prayers are a priority. Just the way you talk I bet you are a groomer. So fuck off so that they can vote for Cruz, Abbott, and all the other fuckers that want to cover this shit up.
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

I read that Facebook post by the Uvalde PD and a lot of the comments, maybe 100 of them.  Two things were interesting.  First, there were no comments in support of the police or calling for moderation.  Just pure outrage and scorn.  Second, none of the comments were from Uvalde residents.  I was really hoping to see if I could get a sense for their reaction, because it’s their tragedy, and the PDs they were paying for.

Maybe that makes sense, they would not only have known the victims and their families, but also all the law enforcement officers involved and their families.  They probably knew them as good neighbors, parents and citizens.  I can’t imagine what it would be like for such a small, interwoven community to deal with such a failure and betrayal of the public trust by its local government.

Or maybe they are scared shitless about having to live with speaking out after the national attention subsides.

9 hours ago, ChuckNorrisActionJeans said:

Gotdamn. Read the Texas Tribune article linked in that tweet. They do solid work. And that timeline of events should have some LEO's eating some bullets. 

Just entirely horrifying.

That entire community -- children, teachers, parents, police, everyone -- is going to have some deep scars for the rest of their lives from losing 19 kids and 2 teachers. All because we think that 18 year olds need assault rifles.

You want to compare it to airplanes Rep. Scalise? It's like 9/11 happened and we refused to ban box cutters from a plane.

1 hour ago, Goredho said:

Or maybe they are scared shitless about having to live with speaking out after the national attention subsides.

Probably a lot of this.  If you've watched the same police officers you've known and trusted for years fail to take any action to prevent or minimize the chances that your kid was gunned down, and then in conspiracy with local and state officials suppress information and stonewall meaningful media and citizen inquiries, you're probably resolving yourself to the reality that life in Uvalde is going to be so much easier if you just keep your mouth shut.

• Hook 'Em 2

47 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Probably a lot of this.  If you've watched the same police officers you've known and trusted for years fail to take any action to prevent or minimize the chances that your kid was gunned down, and then in conspiracy with local and state officials suppress information and stonewall meaningful media and citizen inquiries, you're probably resolving yourself to the reality that life in Uvalde is going to be so much easier if you just keep your mouth shut. eat a bullet.

FIF truth.

And the truth is, the bravest person in the world is a mother protecting her kids.  The biggest coward is a cop in full battle rattle.  All of that gear and weaponry only finds purpose when 1) used to assault/oppress unarmed citizens or 2) shoot someone's dog.  There are no bigger cowards than cops.  They are the textbook example of talking a good game, and having NOTHING to back it up.

You are 1000X more likely to have your life saved by a random citizen putting his or her life in danger than you are to be saved by a cop.  And, on a per capita basis, you are more likely to be assaulted by a cop than you are to be saved by one.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, royiv said:

Why does the fire marshal need to carry a gun and handcuffs?

In many places in Texas (usually small towns and counties) the FM is just a glorified Cop that took some fire investigator classes.  That is the case in my county.  He was never a firefighter.  

45 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Been listening for about 10 minutes. DPS Chief seems to be blaming that no one reported his social media posting. "If we had only been notified we would have had a chance."

Asked the DPS head about one recommendation he would suggest:

"We want to have a go bag with shields and breaching tools."

That's on top of saying social media companies need to do a better job. Shooter walked around with "bags of dead cats." Not a single mention that the weapons used in this -- and just about every other mass shooting -- are too damn easy to get.

Blame EVERY OTHER THING POSSIBLE.

5 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Asked the DPS head about one recommendation he would suggest:

"We want to have a go bag with shields and breaching tools."

That's on top of saying social media companies need to do a better job. Shooter walked around with "bags of dead cats." Not a single mention that the weapons used in this -- and just about every other mass shooting -- are too damn easy to get.

Blame EVERY OTHER THING POSSIBLE.

We need to begin the process of hardening our bags of dead cats. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Ballistic shields and breaching tools needed for every officer cause they need more stuff and time away for training to go along with bulletproof vests.

Need tech fags to create algorithms to contact law enforcement based on private and public messages, but without being big brother. Believes the nerds are smart enough to make this.

Something about dead cats, Fortnite, and truancy. Surprisingly Marilyn Manson wasn’t brought up.

Uvalde just didn’t try the door. Have no reason to wait for a key. Windows can be penetrated.

Kinda dumb to have others speculate so much about what decisions processes were probably in in play when the apparent decision maker (Arredondo) could/should be brought in to testify directly about his decisions and their basis (with or without live video feed of his testimony)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Fucking shitbag

it can't be stated enough - this is the biggest piece of BS of this whole spectacle. Along with the chief being absent, the DA/city kicking out parents/media, and the various threats to parents and media to report on this. This is a horrible precedent top to bottom from the cocksucking leadership in this fucking state.  

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

So I'm actually a bit impressed with McGraw in this. I know he's taken a lot of heat, but seems to be pretty blunt and forthright in this. 

He's probably not really at fault here so he can be frank. This seems to be an Arredondo fuck up from the very beginning.

51 minutes ago, StassneyHorn said:

Within 3 minutes, As many as 9 officers with pistols inside, 2 with rifles. 

while we don't know exactly when the 21 were killed, 3 minutes would have been plenty of time to do the deed.  so, while police response was absolute shit, it's just smoke and mirrors. 

Edited by elfenix

2 minutes ago, elfenix said:

while we don't know exactly when the 21 were killed, 3 minutes would have been plenty of time to do the deed.  so, while police response was absolute shit, it's just smoke and mirrors. 

But I think it's been asserted that there were three rounds of gunfire from the shooter, at three quite separate times. So it does seem like some kids could have been saved. 

At any rate, this will now all focus on the police response rather than keeping assault weapons away from shithead teens.... so it serves its purpose

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, elfenix said:

There are reports of gunshots in that room for 20-30 mins into the incident, right? Was he mindlessly plinking the walls or killing (or shooting them a second time) more kids in that period when the cops were in the hallway waiting to get the order to breach. And as @Goredho said, perhaps the victims who bled out in that time might've had a better chance at making it.

9 minutes ago, elfenix said:

Well, we know 8-9 kids were still alive about 45 minutes after the gunman entered.  Not sure how many kids ultimately made it out alive.

15 minutes ago, VinyVango said:

So the Texas rangers / DPS has been “unable” to have any follow up with the local chief?… what measures have been utilized to compel that meeting and what is preventing it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ll wager a guess that the police union has something to do with it. 

26 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Saving kids' lives isn't a "side show", it's the ONLY show.

this isn't a more comforting story if only 3 kids' faces are shot off because the cops did what we ostensibly pay them for. 

Edited by elfenix
  • Rage+1 1

That last guy with a mic-drop question. Not sure who he was but he asked McCraw if the shooter would've been able to do as much damage if he'd been wielding a bat, a knife or a revolver. McCraw simply said, "He would not."

(But it won't matter. It's all about upgrading the doors.)

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

So, the three truths we have learned from this event:

1 -- our gun laws suck, and do way much more to harm us than help us.

2 -- law enforcement sucks, and you shouldn't ever count on them to help you.  (Addendum -- what we've learned from OTHER events is that their most consistent skillset is HURTING you/screwing you over)

3 -- your GQP leadership doesn't give a shit about either 1 or 2.  These "hearings" are just more theater, after which they will wring their hands and offer thoughts and prayers.

Lovely timeline we're in.

• Like 4
  • Rage+1 3

29 minutes ago, C-Man said:

What a waste of time this guy is. Are we supposed to be surprised the Uvalde ISD police "chief" and his troops had no fucking clue how to handle an active shooter situation on this scale?

Here's the thing -- YES, we should be.  Because since Columbine, this is one of the top 2-3 tasks of cops who have a school within their response area.  "Active shooter response" is literally one of their core competencies, not just by description, but by training.  And yes, the ISD PD HAD received active shooter training recently, from what I recall early in this discussion.

There's zero excuse.  It's their core job description.  The were provided current training on how to do that job.  They just refused to do their job.

• Hook 'Em 2