Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

16 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

Holy fuck.

The cops stopped a good guy with a gun.

So we can't trust the cops to do their job AND they actively stopped a good guy with a gun from protecting innocent people. 

Damn, gun nuts are going to be so confused at what to support over this. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

25 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Is this the husband that then had a heart attack a few days later?

No, that was the other teacher that was killed. This teacher's husband was a cop with Uvalde ISD PD. So the cops detained and disarmed on of their own that wanted to go into the building to stop the shooting.

• Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The cops stopped a good guy with a gun.

So we can't trust the cops to do their job AND they actively stopped a good guy with a gun from protecting innocent people. 

Damn, gun nuts are going to be so confused at what to support over this. 

It's worse than that. He is a cop for the ISD.

Stopping cops from saving kids.  Hell of a department.  They are going to end up firing most of the department because eventually the footage is going to leak and then they won't be able to pretend they are anything other than a sniveling bunch of pussies who stood around while kids were dying.

Edited by kevwun

This is all simply hallmarks of small-town unprofessionalism on behalf of the ISD and local cops, but the cover-up is going to make it worse for them.  The stonewalling from the Gov. is worse.  Showing the public how incompetent police are at responding to things like this in a town like your own reveals the futility of “hardening” schools with armed guards and cops and teachers. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

So if I understand everything correctly-

1) The Constitution guarantees you and your loved ones a right to life

2) The Supreme Court has ruled that law enforcement is under no legal obligation to protect your or your loved ones' right to life

3) Soooo.... ??? .... if law enforcement is preventing you from protecting your or your loved ones constitutional right to life then... ??? ... you would be within your legal rights to use lethal force against law enforcement stopping you  protecting your or others' constitutional right to life? 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand said:

So if I understand everything correctly-

1) The Constitution guarantees you and your loved ones a right to life

2) The Supreme Court has ruled that law enforcement is under no legal obligation to protect your or your loved ones' right to life

3) Soooo.... ??? .... if law enforcement is preventing you from protecting your or your loved ones constitutional right to life then... ??? ... you would be within your legal rights to use lethal force against law enforcement stopping you  protecting your or others' constitutional right to life? 

It really is too bad all those parents believed these police would eventually do the right thing. No way a jury convicts a parent that domes a dumb fuck cop then runs in and fires at an active shooter.

These police almost certainly contributed to the future death of police at a different shooting. Trust in police is universally fucked 

• Like 1

It really is too bad all those parents believed these police would eventually do the right thing. No way a jury convicts a parent that domes a dumb fuck cop then runs in and fires at an active shooter.
These police almost certainly contributed to the future death of police at a different shooting. Trust in police is universally fucked 

They’ve set a standard: if you rush to a school to save your kid, you’re going to have to cut through cops to do it. I mean…if any parent had to shoot through a group of cops to save their kid, wouldn’t you expect them to do so? Lovely fucking world we’ve got going on.

Defund the police. And release 95% of incarcerated people that are incarcerated based solely on police “eye witness testimony”

I would give our resident constable on here a shred of respect if he would be willing to come forward and be honest about how cops really are…lying, cowardly thugs.
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 6/20/2022 at 10:29 PM, Brisketexan said:

This. And it’s not any more complicated than this. They are not your friends. They are not here to help. They are here to serve themselves, their egos, and their thirst for flexing power over the rest of us.
If and when a cop is helpful, it’s incidental, and a lucky choice for you in that moment. That cop could just as easily chosen to hurt you, and get away with it. You just got lucky.

Rural cops are decent to people who they feel aren't a threat to their safety and are upstanding tax paying citizens (white).  The rest are either feared or picked on.

1 hour ago, Aqua Buddha said:

On a side note, we can barely afford to keep schools open but within an hour, EIGHT law enforcement agencies can storm a school?

How many did Operation Lone Star add, being in the neighborhood and all?

8 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

I mean ….. wut?

Even the Sheriff knows we live in stupid land

But “quite honestly, nobody needs to be walking down the street with a rifle,” Rogers County Sheriff Scott Walton said in an interview about dealing with such situations. “But I don’t make the laws; we just try to live by them and do a very difficult job in a world that’s got those people in it.”

So yesterday I watched the testimony and saw this map of the school. Found it posted online this morning and realized that it has circles for each person in the classrooms. Look at Room 111. It's eleven children murdered in a classroom without any adult in the room. Those kids were all alone when they were killed. 

The story just keeps getting worse.

On a national level, the legislation that's agreed to does nothing to prevent this happening again. On a state level? They are doing even less. 

19 children. 2 Teachers. 

FVyJVO1X0AIjcdg.jpg

10 minutes ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Look at Room 111. It's eleven children murdered in a classroom without any adult in the room. Those kids were all alone when they were killed. 

The story just keeps getting worse.

Not that it makes the story any better, but they weren't alone, 111 was the room with the surviving teacher.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, DixonHur said:

Not that it makes the story any better, but they weren't alone, 111 was the room with the surviving teacher.

Didn't realize there was a surviving teacher. 

As infuriating as all this is, these hearings are just theatrics.  Between official immunity and untouchable pensions, I don't see jack shit happening to any law enforcement officer who was sitting around with his thumb up his ass while kids and teachers were being slaughtered.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, South Austin said:

As infuriating as all this is, these hearings are just theatrics.  Between official immunity and untouchable pensions, I don't see jack shit happening to any law enforcement officer who was sitting around with his thumb up his ass while kids and teachers were being slaughtered.

Correct.  And more than anything else, the ironclad authority that cops DO NOT OWE YOU ANY DUTY TO PROTECT YOU is what insulates them.  Even without immunity, they have no legal duty to help.  None.  Zero.  They could watch the guy execute each kid with a smile on their faces, and breached ZERO legal duty.

Tell me again, bootlickers, about how the cops are heroes and we should back the blue.

They won't even act to save children being slaughtered, you think they'll do anything to help YOU?

This episode has taught us that every horrible thing we thought about our society, our gun laws, and law enforcement is absolutely true.

• Rage+1 2

2 hours ago, DixonHur said:

he must have terrible survivor's guilt since none of his students survived.

Literally can't watch that. Just can't do it.

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Correct.  And more than anything else, the ironclad authority that cops DO NOT OWE YOU ANY DUTY TO PROTECT YOU is what insulates them.  Even without immunity, they have no legal duty to help.  None.  Zero.  They could watch the guy execute each kid with a smile on their faces, and breached ZERO legal duty.

Tell me again, bootlickers, about how the cops are heroes and we should back the blue.

They won't even act to save children being slaughtered, you think they'll do anything to help YOU?

This episode has taught us that every horrible thing we thought about our society, our gun laws, and law enforcement is absolutely true.

Jesus, brisket you've gone off the deep end. I have had several instances personally in my life in which I have been glad a police officer was there. You're painting with far too broad a brush. Just because police in a small Texas town did not react in any way, shape or form the way they should have in a moment of crisis does Not mean that "every horrible thing we thought about our society, gun laws, and law enforcement is absolutely true."

• Hook 'Em 2

11 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Jesus, brisket you've gone off the deep end. I have had several instances personally in my life in which I have been glad a police officer was there. You're painting with far too broad a brush. Just because police in a small Texas town did not react in any way, shape or form the way they should have in a moment of crisis does Not mean that "every horrible thing we thought about our society, gun laws, and law enforcement is absolutely true."

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

spacer.png

His one-note "we're doomed because we all suck and society sucks and therefore there's no point and the universe is a hopeless exercise in futility and everything is horrible and always will be because this is who we are and my feet hurt and my balls stink and I don't love Jesus " takes just wear me out.  What happened in Uvalde is no more an indicator of a doomed society than Beethoven's 5th was a indicator of a society that would be eternally beautiful.

Seeing the world in stark, black and white terms is to not see it as it is, and his relentless, hyperbolic description of it as such is not only folly, but pointless.

Jeez ...

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

There are two kinds of cops:  the dirty, lying cowards and the ones who lie to protect said scumbags. 
Ergo, all cops suck.  No way to change my mind.

Cops are worthless.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

When I was a kid, a racist E. Texas cop beat the shit out of my dad.

As a young adult, a cop flat-out lied about the speed I was traveling (it was literally impossible -- I had just left a stoplight and was still accelerating (and way BELOW the speed he claimed) when he pulled me over.  Just an unvarnished lie.

I've heard multiple LEOs drop the N-word as casually as you and I might discuss the weather.

I've overheard a cop, recently, speculating gleefully about how much fun it would be to take a new rifle down to the border and hunt illegals.

I've followed as dozens of cops stood by as 21 people were murdered, with no effort to stop the killer.

And we'll leave out the 10,000 (vas understatement) instances of cops doing a full gamut of racial profiling and abuse bullshit -- you've seen plenty of the videos, and that's only because everyone has started carrying a portable camera.  It was even worse before they knew they could be caught on camera.

Sure, I've had cops do nice things -- I've had nice interactions with some who stop by our tailgate, and we gladly share cold water and a taco with them.  I can also find story after story of actual nazis who were central to the plan and actions to exterminate jews doing plenty of nice things.  Few people have the energy to be assholes 100% of the time (and those who do are Surly all-stars).  But you're a fool if you trust a cop or count on one to help you -- maybe you won't get burned.  But there's an unacceptably high chance that you will.  Oh, and half of our country will cheer it on, because "you deserved it," no matter what you actually did or are accused of doing.  We love to lick boots in this timeline.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

When I was a kid, a racist E. Texas cop beat the shit out of my dad.

As a young adult, a cop flat-out lied about the speed I was traveling (it was literally impossible -- I had just left a stoplight and was still accelerating (and way BELOW the speed he claimed) when he pulled me over.  Just an unvarnished lie.

I've heard multiple LEOs drop the N-word as casually as you and I might discuss the weather.

I've overheard a cop, recently, speculating gleefully about how much fun it would be to take a new rifle down to the border and hunt illegals.

I've followed as dozens of cops stood by as 21 people were murdered, with no effort to stop the killer.

And we'll leave out the 10,000 (vas understatement) instances of cops doing a full gamut of racial profiling and abuse bullshit -- you've seen plenty of the videos, and that's only because everyone has started carrying a portable camera.  It was even worse before they knew they could be caught on camera.

Sure, I've had cops do nice things -- I've had nice interactions with some who stop by our tailgate, and we gladly share cold water and a taco with them.  I can also find story after story of actual nazis who were central to the plan and actions to exterminate jews doing plenty of nice things.  Few people have the energy to be assholes 100% of the time (and those who do are Surly all-stars).  But you're a fool if you trust a cop or count on one to help you -- maybe you won't get burned.  But there's an unacceptably high chance that you will.  Oh, and half of our country will cheer it on, because "you deserved it," no matter what you actually did or are accused of doing.  We love to lick boots in this timeline.

Well that's all good, brisket, but that wasn't the claim to which I responded.

• Hook 'Em 1

Everyone needs to read this.  This is horrible that they had the numbers and equipment to go in but they never even tried the doors to see if they were locked.

They never even tried the doors.  It was unlocked when the shooter went in and they only lock from the outside.  Probably had a magnet in place.

https://www.texastribune.org/2022/06/20/uvalde-police-shooting-response-records/

Salvador Ramos, who had just shot his grandmother in the face, walked through an unlocked door of Robb Elementary, encountering no interference as he wielded an AR-15 he had bought eight days earlier. 

debate over whether the locked classroom doors could be breached gave way to the discovery that they may never have been locked at all.

So they had a breaching tool if they were locked but they never even checked

Arredono told reporters that they tried the doors and they were locked but SAEN reporters who watched the hallway video say there is no evidence that they ever tried the doors.

They could have stopped him 9 minutes in and there were at least 3 other major volleys of fire over the next hour.

Edited by TexasEd
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 2

9 minutes ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

Well that's all good, brisket, but that wasn't the claim to which I responded.

Oh, that's fair.

On the "our society" part, I'll go with the evidence of being a society that produces these murderous shitbags at an absurd rate.  And in many cases, they were urged on by the stochastic terrorism of the ruling political party (El Paso, Buffalo, etc.).  And that half of our country has such a masturbatory fever about their precious guns that they can't imagine doing ANYTHING to even remotely limit the chance of weapons of mass murder falling into the wrong hands.  Which is a nice segue into....

Our shitty gun laws.  Which even though commie libtard Scalia expressly said they could include reasonable regulation, CANNOT include reasonable regulation, because of said insane, cultish, masturbatory gun fetishization and a party completely beholden to a perverse "industry group" that represents all the worst that the world has to offer.

Yeah, we touched all the bases with the Uvalde event. 

People suck, and we produce a shitload of ultra-sucky people.

Our laws to protect against that risk suck.

The supposed heroes who are supposed to protect us suck.

What upsets you is not that I'm wrong, but that I'm right.  And it should upset you, because there's no fucking reason for ANY of that to be the case, except we've chosen it to be.

• Rage+1 2

He was shooting up two rooms.  He can only be in one room at a time, with a passage in between.  I don't understand why they didn't have eyes on him, maybe through outside windows or even just the classroom doors, and come in from the other room to take him out as soon as they figured out where he was.

I know, Monday morning QB'ing, but for fuck's sake, use your damn guns.  Yeah, you might get shot in the knee or something.  That's what the pension is for.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

This got me to thinking if I’ve ever been glad a police officer was around, the only time I can recall is French Qtr on a sketchy Saturday night. Besides that, I can’t recall another feeling of comfort or safety provided by them, nothing but asshole encounters

6 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

I know, Monday morning QB'ing, but for fuck's sake, use your damn guns.  Yeah, you might get shot in the knee or something.  That's what the pension is for.

Fuck the pension - anyone who was in that hallway doing nothing or outside the school stopping the parents should have theirs revoked and given to the families. 

It's your god damn mother fucking job you signed up for.  No one forced you to become a cop.  You weren't drafted into the PD.  You willingly chose to put on the uniform, take an oath and serve the public. 

To PROTECT and serve.  Law ENFORCEMENT.  Texas Department of Public SAFETY.

All meaningless phrases now.  

FUCK ALL COPS

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, Hornius Emeritus said:

His one-note "we're doomed because we all suck and society sucks and therefore there's no point and the universe is a hopeless exercise in futility and everything is horrible and always will be because this is who we are and my feet hurt and my balls stink and I don't love Jesus " takes just wear me out.  What happened in Uvalde is no more an indicator of a doomed society than Beethoven's 5th was a indicator of a society that would be eternally beautiful.

Seeing the world in stark, black and white terms is to not see it as it is, and his relentless, hyperbolic description of it as such is not only folly, but pointless.

Jeez ...

How we respond to what happened in Uvalde is what defines our society and our response is literally do nothing.

Edited by Michael Knight
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3