Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

7 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I thought we were discussing murder, it’s going to be more difficult not to bond that piece of shit for a lesser crime. I’d make him pay as much of his blood money as I could I suppose. 

And I'm sure that you are aware (not really) that the vast majority of murder offenses are not capital offenses, yes?

8 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Yeppers, and that’s a shame. We’re definitely too lenient these days. 

This has literally always been the case. The Texas capital murder statute has been changed three times in 20 years, and all 3 times slightly increased the type of cases that are capital murder. How many fucking times do you have to have things pointed out to you before you realize that none of this has shit all to do with woke libs, Harris County, or "these days" and that you have less than zero grasp or understanding of the criminal justice system, particularly pretrial procedure? Goddamn, the fucking facts are easily accessible if you can move beyond the Level 1 BROWN PEOPLE fearmongering that people like you eat up like opium-laced butter brickle ice cream. 

Edited by TXSooner518
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1
  • Drool 1

Y'all.....there's no point in arguing with Poe.  I just wanted to understand him, and to make him own his indefensible position.

He is in favor of functionally prohibitive bail/bond, meaning that anyone who is even CHARGED with a crime will rot in jail until trial.  Shit, he may well be in favor of summary execution by cop of any person seen littering, or reinstating slavery, I dunno.

The point is, he holds a position that is fundamentally at odds with the Constitution -- and I don't mean some activist libtard version of the Constitution, I'm talking about the Constitution as interpreted by some of the most conservative federal courts in the country.  Poe thinks that interpretation is pussy-ass soft-on-crime, and is THE reason that violent crime went up (nationwide....including in jurisdictions that HAVEN'T done shit in terms of bail reform).  That's where he stands.  It's pretty irrational, and is feelings-based, not evidence-based.  So, you're not going to change his mind with rational discussion or evidence.

You now what he thinks.  Know that he's not alone, ESPECIALLY in Montgomery county.  And know that the people who run our state are a lot closer to his way of thinking than yours.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

This has literally always been the case. How many fucking times do you have to have things pointed out to you before you realize that none of this has shit all to do with woke libs, Harris County, or "these days" and that you have less than zero grasp or understanding of the criminal justice system, particularly pretrial procedure? Goddamn, the fucking facts are easily accessible if you can move beyond the Level 1 BROWN PEOPLE fearmongering that people like you eat up like opium-laced butter brickle ice cream. 

Whatever you do regarding the justice system, I pray to God it’s in Oklahoma and not near me. 

• Fuck You 6

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Y'all.....there's no point in arguing with Poe.  I just wanted to understand him, and to make him own his indefensible position.

He is in favor of functionally prohibitive bail/bond, meaning that anyone who is even CHARGED with a crime will rot in jail until trial.  Shit, he may well be in favor of summary execution by cop of any person seen littering, or reinstating slavery, I dunno.

The point is, he holds a position that is fundamentally at odds with the Constitution -- and I don't mean some activist libtard version of the Constitution, I'm talking about the Constitution as interpreted by some of the most conservative federal courts in the country.  Poe thinks that interpretation is pussy-ass soft-on-crime, and is THE reason that violent crime went up (nationwide....including in jurisdictions that HAVEN'T done shit in terms of bail reform).  That's where he stands.  It's pretty irrational, and is feelings-based, not evidence-based.  So, you're not going to change his mind with rational discussion or evidence.

You now what he thinks.  Know that he's not alone, ESPECIALLY in Montgomery county.  And know that the people who run our state are a lot closer to his way of thinking than yours.  

Wrong. I only want to make it more difficult to get out, not eliminate it. But you’re right about Montgomery County, we believe in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth. 

• Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Wrong. I only want to make it more difficult to get out, not eliminate it. But you’re right about Montgomery County, we believe in an eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth....even before there has been due process to determine whether or not the accused actually TOOK an eye or tooth.

FIFaccuracy.

Because in Poe-world, an arrest = convicted of all charges.

• Hook 'Em 3

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Just neg Poe and move on.  He is a disingenuous fuckwad.

I am glad that he is sharing his Texags-level thinking with us.  It's educational.  When you realize that we have to deal with a state that is run by people who think like he does, it's.....illuminating.  I can't make insane and inhumane people be rational and decent.  But I can shine a light on them so we know where they are, and how to isolate them and diminish them.

48 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

I thought we were discussing murder, it’s going to be more difficult not to bond that piece of shit for a lesser crime. I’d make him pay as much of his blood money as I could I suppose. 

So what’s the number? Say there is an arrest of an OG Mack, Frank Lucas, El Chapo type for murder. What would you set their bond at? And how is them paying more money a solution to the complaints you have?

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

So what’s the number? Say there is an arrest of an OG Mack, Frank Lucas, El Chapo type for murder. What would you set their bond at? And how is them paying more money a solution to the complaints you have?

1 minute ago, hobbes2702 said:

If someone is charged with murder, what should we do with them until their trial?

I certainly wouldn’t set bail at 35 grand like the maniacs in Harris County. 

• Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, Poe It Up said:

I certainly wouldn’t set bail at 35 grand like the maniacs in Harris County. 

So what would you do? Someone is charged with murder, what happens until their trial? And again, how does someone paying more in bail solve the problem you’re complaining about?

If you’re not aware, saying what you wouldn’t do does not answer the question of “what would you do”

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

So what would you do? Someone is charged with murder, what happens until their trial? And again, how does someone paying more in bail solve the problem you’re complaining about?

If you’re not aware, saying what you wouldn’t do does not answer the question of “what would you do”

The higher the bail means less of these murderers get out into the community. As far as a number, I wouldn’t go below one million. 

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Poe It Up said:

The higher the bail means less of these murderers get out into the community. As far as a number, I wouldn’t go below one million. 

Cool.

So, your issue then is NOT with accused murderers (because that's what they are until convicted -- only accused), but rather your issue is with POOR accused murderers.

Rich guy kills multiple people on live TV, arrested for murder -- $1 million bond.  He posts it with change found in his couch cushions.  

Poor guy arrested for murder based on one fuzzy witness identification -- $1 million bond.  He sits in jail for 2 years, loses everything, can't support his family.

That's a just outcome to the Poes of the world.  Money = rights.  No money = no rights.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

But they aren’t murderers? They’ve been convicted of no crime. 
And your solution is let any rich person accused of a crime go free but not poor people? So you would be fine if El Chapo, OG Mack, Frank Lucas posted bail? That doesn’t seem to fit

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Cool.

So, your issue then is NOT with accused murderers (because that's what they are until convicted -- only accused), but rather your issue is with POOR accused murderers.

Rich guy kills multiple people on live TV, arrested for murder -- $1 million bond.  He posts it with change found in his couch cushions.  

Poor guy arrested for murder based on one fuzzy witness identification -- $1 million bond.  He sits in jail for 2 years, loses everything, can't support his family.

That's a just outcome to the Poes of the world.  Money = rights.  No money = no rights.

I want less murderers on the streets, unlike these idiotic judges. 

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

But they aren’t murderers? They’ve been convicted of no crime. 
And your solution is let any rich person accused of a crime go free but not poor people? So you would be fine if El Chapo, OG Mack, Frank Lucas posted bail? That doesn’t seem to fit

There’s no magic bullet. My idea isn’t perfect, will definitely reduce the amount of criminals preying on our communities.

• Fuck You 1

15 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Ok, I’m outta here fellas. I got to go have Tex-Mex with the wife and kids. I may get back to this tonight but I also may be a few beers/margaritas deep. So we’ll see. 

Fuck off, Night Pain. You spent 6 hours on this thread today getting pantsed and having pointless arguments and now it's "I've got better things to do, losers. See ya." Not to mention you're still here.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Crazy idea:  set bail proportionate to the average of one's last 3 tax return gross reported income.

Oh, wait, browns don't report income, won't work.

We should probably prophylactically jail all browns, though.  See, it's pretty ironclad logic:

1 -- a certain number of violent crimes are committed by brown people.  This is an undeniable fact.

2 -- if all of the brown people are in jail, they can't commit violent crimes against members of the public.  Also an undeniable truth.

3 -- THEREFORE, my "Poe saves the world" plan is 100% guaranteed to eliminate all violent crime committed against members of the public.

If you oppose my plan, you are a soft-on-crime libtard pussy.

Oh, and I also have a version of this plan that works for black people.  And poor white people.  Really, anyone below "upper middle class white males."  It's foolproof!

2 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

here’s no magic bullet. My idea isn’t perfect, will definitely reduce the amount of criminals preying on our communities.

37 minutes ago, SquishMitten said:

I'm glad to see the big jump in this thread had nothing to do with a current active shooter situation, but what I read was only slightly less infuriating

This was my thinking as well.  Then I had to read through the dreck and decided to blow my brains out. Gun violence strikes again!

• Haha 3

Whatever you do regarding the justice system, I pray to God it’s in Oklahoma and not near me. 

I have bad news for you. But which words in that post which are literally all factual do you have a problem with? Why don’t you support the Republican Texas Lege and why do you want judges to violate the Texas and US Constitutions?

51 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Better than Brisket’s world where you add words to other’s posts to make a point. 

You know, as a UVA alumnus, I find it grating to see someone with such poor critical thinking skills adopt the name of one of its more famous former students.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I've never seen anything from him to make me think this isn't likely correct.

1 minute ago, woohorn said:
11 minutes ago, RDCanecutter said:
The dome at the capitol is round like the letter O
The knife I used in my capital offense is sharp and stabby, like the letter A
(my teacher taught me one of those memory tricks way back when. I made up the other.)

That's not a principal our principle taught us.

I once heard that a preposition is anything a rabbit could do to a stump.

I was like... wow... ok, let's talk about some prepositions then.

46 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I am glad that he is sharing his Texags-level thinking with us.  It's educational.  When you realize that we have to deal with a state that is run by people who think like he does, it's.....illuminating.  I can't make insane and inhumane people be rational and decent.  But I can shine a light on them so we know where they are, and how to isolate them and diminish them.

Is it educational? How many days, weeks, months, and years does it take to learn the lesson? Are you really shining a light on him and his ilk or are you just amplifying their message? They say sunlight is the best disinfectant, but at some point shouldn’t you accept that shining a light isn’t working to cure the infection? Is it diminishing? Or is it growing? They say the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results. I’ve watched the trolls get fed over and over again and the results never change. Maybe it’s time to try a different tactic. Like ignoring the trolls.

If I want to know what they think, I can tune into Fox News and get it straight from the source. I’m not going to waste my time arguing with a parrot.