Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

1 hour ago, Poe It Up said:

The higher the bail means less of these murderers get out into the community. As far as a number, I wouldn’t go below one million. 

It is literally illegal and unconstitutional to set bail in an amount specifically designed so the defendant can't post it. It is literally illegal and unconstitutional to set bail without considering the defendant's financial ability to make bail. So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

20 minutes ago, TXSooner518 said:

It is literally illegal and unconstitutional to set bail in an amount specifically designed so the defendant can't post it. It is literally illegal and unconstitutional to set bail without considering the defendant's financial ability to make bail. So you have no frame of reference here, Donny. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie.

I want them to be able afford it, but I want to make it difficult. What we’re doing isn’t working. 

• Fuck You 1

3 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

I want less murderers on the streets, unlike these idiotic judges. 

Bullshit. You desire safety for yourself, but voted for an eviL that sought to bring murderers to blue states .

It’s fine you and @Incredulity suck cock. The problem is the filth on the cock you suck.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-wanted-bus-murderers-democrat-cities-former-dhs-chief-staff-1744773

8 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

If you’re waiting for me to argue that Trump isn’t a narcissistic asshole you’re going to be waiting a long time.

Feel free to dig up any post I have ever made otherwise.

You are mistaken.  Trump was a narcissistic asshole.  but according to new rules he's just made up..."just by thinking about it"...he's become a kind and generous person.  I'm no Biden fan, but I cannot fucking believe what that shitheap DJT just said on national television on a network that sucks his taint almost as hard as Poe.  You can now, due to some sort of Twilight Zone Executive Privilege, just think your way into declassifying documents.  Don't need paperwork, or even words...just will it dude, and it is no dream.  For a guy worshipped by a pack of fucking morons, even that was a leap of faith.  He's basically saying the nuclear classified docs can be willed into declassification like half his base tries to will themselves into winning their scratch-offs.  Fucking amazing.

Okay, back to mass shootings and Waffle House.....l.........

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

Bullshit. You desire safety for yourself, but voted for an eviL that sought to bring murderers to blue states .

It’s fine you and @Incredulity suck cock. The problem is the filth on the cock you suck.

https://www.newsweek.com/trump-wanted-bus-murderers-democrat-cities-former-dhs-chief-staff-1744773

You think about Incredulity and I sucking cock? I don’t know what to say, I guess I’m honored. 

• Fuck You 1

Further on Steve fucking Schmidt 

fucking idiot brought the world Sarah Palin.  Below his “early career”  from wiki.  

really strong

In 1995, Schmidt managed the unsuccessful campaign for Kentucky Attorney General of Will T. Scott, who is formerly a Justice of the Kentucky Supreme Court.[20] This Kentucky campaign's advertising strategy was featured in the second edition of George Magazine.

In 1998, Schmidt ran California State Senator Tim Leslie's unsuccessful race for lieutenant governor of California.[21] Also that year, he was the communications director for California State Treasurer Matt Fong's unsuccessful campaign to unseat U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer.[22] In 1999, he was the communications director for Lamar Alexander's presidential run, leaving in June when the campaign reduced its senior staff.[23]

40 minutes ago, Incredulity said:

Further on Steve fucking Schmidt 

fucking idiot brought the world Sarah Palin.  Below his “early career”  from wiki.  

really strong

In 1995, Schmidt managed the unsuccessful campaign for Kentucky Attorney General of Will T. Scott, who is formerly a Justice of the Kentucky Supreme Court.[20] This Kentucky campaign's advertising strategy was featured in the second edition of George Magazine.

In 1998, Schmidt ran California State Senator Tim Leslie's unsuccessful race for lieutenant governor of California.[21] Also that year, he was the communications director for California State Treasurer Matt Fong's unsuccessful campaign to unseat U.S. Senator Barbara Boxer.[22] In 1999, he was the communications director for Lamar Alexander's presidential run, leaving in June when the campaign reduced its senior staff.[23]

You’ve labeled him a loser prior. He is, nevertheless, correct that our Republic is threatened and trying to claim it isn’t is not only wrong, but an act of the complicit.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, DDD Dad said:

Woke!

drink?  ok

1 hour ago, Willfully Horn said:

You’ve labeled him a loser prior. He is, nevertheless, correct that our Republic is threatened and trying to claim it isn’t is not only wrong, but an act of the complicit.

Seriously this.  We know his past.  He's 100% correct on everything since dotard was elected.  

• Hook 'Em 1

47 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

You think about Incredulity and I sucking cock? I don’t know what to say, I guess I’m honored. 

No comment on Trump seeking to keep folks charged with murder out of jail, and trying to ship those folks to cities that reject his feculence? That confirms the thought that led to my post. You narcissist.

• Hook 'Em 1

Okay. NOW I am drunk. But I still remember @Poe It Up really doesn’t care about murder suspects on the street (as long as the streets are blue,) and @Incredulity might distance himself from Trump, but he rocks the orange shit gibbons lingo when dismissing Republican warnings, (“He’s a LOSER.’)

Let it be known, in the immortal words of Bill Hicks, “(They) suck Satan’s cock.”

Which is , of course, a metaphorical claim.

Edited by Willfully Horn
()

It’s easy! The “lock everyone up til trial, if we even need one” only applies to brown criminals, not white patriots. For example, see how even a search warrant on a white patriot is surely example of the justice system run amok. And then the “guns always for everyone” part only applies to white patriots like Kyle Rittenhouse.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Here's an article from CNN talking about the connection, if any, between bail reform and increased crime that seems pretty evenhanded, and contains cites to both sides of the issue. https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/07/politics/bail-reform-violent-crime-fact-check/index.html

The only thing that's clear is that nothing else is clear about it.  The stats are hard to quantify and pretty easily juked to support either position.

You absolutely know that anytime a person on bail commits another crime, that's going to get publicized.  But there's really no context for it, it's just an anecdote.  I would guess that people on bail committed heinous crimes long before bail reform was on anyone's agenda; there have always been bail mistakes where people who obviously (in retrospect anyway) seemed likely to re-offend were released on low bails.

One thing we do seem to know about crime is that simplistic answers are frequently wrong answers and give us stuff like the drug war.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

The hospital ones are weird.  Wasn't the last one a disgruntled patient or something?

Yeah, I mean, shooting up an elementary school, church, Walmart? Totally normal behavior. But those hospital shootings are just strange.

Yeah, I mean, shooting up an elementary school, church, Walmart? Totally normal behavior. But those hospital shootings are just strange.

Yeah. Nobody’s angry at health care providers right now.

The US healthcare system is understaffed and filled with patients who can’t pay for basic care and also can’t get answers about the care itself due to the understaffing. It’s a toxic stew. And that was before covid and right wing talking points about lies about covid treatment/vaccination etc and fake outrage over gender affirmation surgery.
  • Hook 'Em 1

Dad of one of the Uvalde victims.

He and some other parents have been camped out in front of the school district office.

They can’t get anyone to speak to them and now they’re putting a gate up around the building to keep other folks from bringing them food and other resources.

Horrible.

• Hook 'Em 2