Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

6 minutes ago, Dark Horse said:

Decent chance cops gave him the idea of killing some gay people rather than terrorizing his own mom.

• Rage+1 1

Heavy has confirmed that Aldrich is the grandson of outgoing Republican state Rep. Randy Aldrich, the former mayor of Santee, California. There were calls to expel Voepel from the state Assembly, after he made comments comparing the January 6 attacks to the Revolutionary War. Aldrich’s mother, Laura Voepel, has written posts praising Randy Voepel on Facebook and confirming he is her father. 

“This is Lexington and Concord. First shots fired against tyranny,” Randy Voepel, who was defeated in a Republican primary in August 2022, said in a San Diego Union-Tribune article three days after January 6. “Tyranny will follow in the aftermath of the Biden swear-in on January 20th.” According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, Voepel “later tweeted that he condemned violence and lawlessness.”
8D8DB25F-B02B-4ADE-95AA-5EE6EF80A600.webp.0d8f5590b13cfd439f0c1dc92db7f5c2.webp

the alleged perp is 3rd from the right. 

https://heavy.com/news/anderson-lee-aldrich/

• Rage+1 1

36 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

Heavy has confirmed that Aldrich is the grandson of outgoing Republican state Rep. Randy Aldrich, the former mayor of Santee, California. There were calls to expel Voepel from the state Assembly, after he made comments comparing the January 6 attacks to the Revolutionary War. Aldrich’s mother, Laura Voepel, has written posts praising Randy Voepel on Facebook and confirming he is her father. 

“This is Lexington and Concord. First shots fired against tyranny,” Randy Voepel, who was defeated in a Republican primary in August 2022, said in a San Diego Union-Tribune article three days after January 6. “Tyranny will follow in the aftermath of the Biden swear-in on January 20th.” According to the San Diego Union-Tribune, Voepel “later tweeted that he condemned violence and lawlessness.”

I am fucking SHOCKED

52 minutes ago, washparkhorn said:

image.gif.d7814c08ad715d7e62dc2db4cc915b8e.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, jimmyjazz said:

Might want to edit -- that's Randy Voepel.

Thank you. The grandfather of the alleged perp was the mayor of Santee, California, which, as you know, is affectionately known as Klantee in the San Diego area.

Too late to edit the quote referring to him as Randy Aldrich.

• Rage+1 1

8 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

I am not at all victim blaming but maybe, just maybe naming the establishment Club Q was a bad move, like a bat signal to the deranged. In the current simulation, Club Queer would have actually been the less inflammatory choice.

‘I’m not at all victim blaming but maybe the owner of the establishment bears some of the blame for naming it the way he did.’

Right, not victim blaming at all.

Whenever a sentence is constructed that way, whatever comes after the word “but” is probably better left unsaid. It’s like when someone starts a sentence with “I’m not a racist at all but...” You know that whatever comes next is going to be some racist shit.

I assume you’re suggesting that the Q in the club’s name, “in the current simulation,” somehow relates to QAnon. People who believe in the QAnon nonsense aren’t going to shoot up a place called Q if they think that’s where the name comes from. And if you’re not dumb enough to believe the QAnon nonsense then you’re probably also not dumb enough to mistake that place for some sort of QAnon lodge or headquarters.

(Yeah, yeah, let me save you the trouble...It’s a totally different kind of “headquarters,” right?)

9 hours ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

I am not at all victim blaming but maybe, just maybe naming the establishment Club Q was a bad move, like a bat signal to the deranged. In the current simulation, Club Queer would have actually been the less inflammatory choice.

Maybe something like “Pulse” instead?

GTFO

30 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

‘I’m not at all victim blaming but maybe the owner of the establishment bears some of the blame for naming it the way he did.’

Right, not victim blaming at all.

Whenever a sentence is constructed that way, whatever comes after the word “but” is probably better left unsaid. It’s like when someone starts a sentence with “I’m not a racist at all but...” You know that whatever comes next is going to be some racist shit.

I assume you’re suggesting that the Q in the club’s name, “in the current simulation,” somehow relates to QAnon. People who believe in the QAnon nonsense aren’t going to shoot up a place called Q if they think that’s where the name comes from. And if you’re not dumb enough to believe the QAnon nonsense then you’re probably also not dumb enough to mistake that place for some sort of QAnon lodge or headquarters.

(Yeah, yeah, let me save you the trouble...It’s a totally different kind of “headquarters,” right?)

Quit being a cunt. We live in a culture so sitting on a tinder box that a single letter from the alphabet is enough to enflame madness. Fuck yourself and your facile heuristics.

Edited by Degenerate Gardner

23 minutes ago, Degenerate Gardner said:

Quit being a cunt. We live in a culture so sitting on a tinder box that a single letter from the alphabet is enough to enflame madness. Fuck yourself and your facile heuristics.

Ooh, “facile heuristics,” we’re all SO Impressed. Victim blamer.

I’m going to go out on a very short limb here and predict that it wasn’t the letter “Q” that set the shooter off. In fact I challenge you to come up with one example of a shooting anywhere that was based on a letter of the alphabet.

4 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

i don’t care if his uncle was jimmy lib-lib democrat clinton transitioning to be jill aoc pelosi, it’s the fucking guns. 

the rest is just bullshit posturing.

Sounds like this Colorado county didn’t bother to follow the law in removing this man’s weapons after he made bomb threats. we struggle to follow even anemic gun control laws.

A judge also sealed his past crime records, even though he was an adult not a juvenile.  While we don’t know if his grandpa somehow called in favors, that seems to be within the realm of possibility.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1