Active shooter thread

Hugo Stiglitz

12 hours ago, Satchel said:

The most despairing thing about these mass shootings is that you know there will be others. You just don’t know where.

You might not even hear about them.

CBS Sunday Morning had a segment today on memorializing mass shootings. They mentioned the shootings in Colorado Springs and Chesapeake, VA. Then they added that “there were at least eight others last week, in West Palm Beach, FL, Temple Hills, MD, Philadelphia, Houston, Dallas, Hennessey, OK, Chicago, and Costa Mesa, CA.”

C7CD5FC0-871D-4DD5-8BA6-061A4E948B70.thumb.jpeg.ce429ed72189e00c60c486f11c3b1e2d.jpeg

44 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Today was Atlanta’s turn.

But “only” one dead and five injured, so emoji2370.png

So .. no thoughts and prayers?  I'm a bit conflicted when it comes to mass shootings in which only one or two of the victims dies.  Wouldn't want to use up my thoughts and prayers if they aren't going to be of benefit for a large amount of murder victims. 

• Like 2

but california and new york are so dangerous. 
i refuse to do the upper case/lower case pattern so just use your imaginations. 

A huge chunk of the deaths in CA and NY are gang related and that just doesn’t affect most people. How dangerous are MT and WY for the average citizen? They’re not havens for gang activity. Those are your neighbors shooting each other.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/5/2022 at 9:24 AM, CooterBrown said:

A huge chunk of the deaths in CA and NY are gang related and that just doesn’t affect most people. How dangerous are MT and WY for the average citizen? They’re not havens for gang activity. Those are your neighbors shooting each other.

You obviously have never had an encounter with the Billings bloods or the Cody crips.

On 12/5/2022 at 8:24 AM, CooterBrown said:

Billings has actually become a shitshow the past couple of years.

Mass-shooter-to-be arrested.  If you are worried about the precog aspect of this, his statements if true are about as definite as you can get.  “I am a very very dumb and dangerous dork who can’t wait to shoot at random people see all my cool shooting at random people stuff I am going to die while shooting at everyone also I hate all minority groups and I also have access to fully automatic stuff and I expect people to be shooting back at me because this will definitely be in a crowd. Whew, that was a lot to get out in one breath. What were we talking about again?”   

Also, 

Federal authorities have arrested and charged a Savage man

…c’mon.  

40 minutes ago, Covri said:

That article is fuckin nuts, that dude needs to be locked away somewhere for a long time.

So does his cunt grandmother   

"Smith told the informant his grandmother buys him all of his guns and ammunition since he’s too young to get them himself. "

• Rage+1 1

Cue the fucking 2A experts.  But in what possible interpretation of the Bill of Rights does a well regulated militia include a right of a senile 87-year old strawman buying AR-15's and turning them over to a minor relative?   Cite the paragraph in the Heller case where appropriate.  

Pro tip kid, if you can convince your grandmother to arm you to take on an entire police force.  You probably can get her to buy you beer, smokes, glaucoma-grade marijuana, and probably a hooker.  Which would have certainly taken the edge off your rage.  Now you're both probably gonna spend several years in jail and maw-maw doesn't have that many left.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

54 minutes ago, Ted Lange said:

So does his cunt grandmother   

"Smith told the informant his grandmother buys him all of his guns and ammunition since he’s too young to get them himself. "

I mean he did shoot her once already let's let him do it again...

21 minutes ago, C-Man said:

I see that fatty never came back after people asked him about saying 90% of his guns were registered.

Oh hey. Been busy at work and the ranch, and off politics for a bit.

I actually appreciate the pedantry, especially on this subject. It is needed, and I don’t mind being called on using incorrect verbiage. Rough count in my head, it’s closer to 35% that are in the trust, which are technically, “registered”.   All but for maybe a dozen more, the govt knows exactly who owns them, and my address, and my social, and the serial of the arm, and when they changed hands. All on file in their big ass warehouse somewhere. While registered is the wrong word for those (thanks again for the pedantry) the gov literally has the form with every bit of info you can have for each. So whatever word  you want to use for “has every bit of info ever needed but didn’t pay for a tax stamp and a bit of engraving” fits for almost all the rest.

TLDR, I need to bolster my NFA murder dildo collection.  

https://www.kxan.com/stop-mass-shootings/uvalde-shooting-investigation/medical-response-delayed-uvalde-shooting-victim-care-records-show/

Bullets had pierced Eva Mireles’ chest as she tried to shield students from a gunman’s semiautomatic rifle. But the fourth grade teacher at Robb Elementary was still conscious when police carried her out of classroom 112 and through a hallway crowded with dead and dying victims.

“You’re fine. You’re fine,” said her husband, Uvalde school district police officer Ruben Ruiz, who had been frantically trying to rescue her since the attack began. Mireles looked at him but could not speak. She’d been losing blood for more than an hour.

Officers placed Mireles on the sidewalk just beyond one of the school’s exits and started treating her wounds. A medic later told investigators he did not see any ambulances, though video footage showed two parked just past the corner of the building, about 100 feet away.

Another student, Jacklyn “Jackie” Cazares, 9, likely survived for more than an hour after being shot and was promptly placed in an ambulance after medics finally gained access to her classroom. She died in transport.

I met Jackie's family briefly at a March For Our Lives rally the capitol on June 11. I remember the date because the family held a sign that had the day she was born and the day she died. Jackie's 10th birthday was June 10. 

A 9-year old murdered with a weapon of war in a school classroom, along with 18 others and two teachers. And we've done nothing.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 6

For MAGA-GQP, isn't a violent society their real goal? Of course, they will deny it. Yet, it's no less true.

I'll be even more precise—ultraviolence is their ultimate social and existential goal. A terrorized and militarized society, armed to the teeth, living in fear and existential dread. That's the Fox News playbook. Anthony Burgess and Stanley Kubrick saw the ultraviolence coming in A Clockwork Orange.

What else are these random mass shootings other than extreme ultraviolence? Schools, grocery stores, night clubs, movie theaters, college campuses, military bases, fast food restaurants, and many other locations — all subject to random, senseless, mass shootings. Hell, the American mass shootings far exceed the ultraviolence in Burgess’s novel and Kubrick's film

As described by Burgess, “ultraviolence” is the random, senseless, excessive, and unjustified violence that terrorizes a neighborhood, a city, a society, a nation. Teen gang leader Alex and the “droogs” unleash ultraviolence (fights, beatings, rapes, murders, mayhem, and general chaos) at random times upon random people — passersby, shop owners, people at home, couples in remote cottages, and so on. Ultraviolence is all kinds of acts of violence (large and small) to instill fear and terror.

Though some droogs are quick-witted and fast with the insults, they are little more than deranged brutes and angry bullies who enjoy deploying random violence to terrorize those they outnumber or those who are weaker victims. In the novel, droogs also become police officers and ascend to other positions of authority in a violent future with failed education and mental health systems, all powered by collapsed systems of meaning and morality. 

America is like A Clockwork Orange on steroids. Uvalde, El Paso, and mass shootings galore. Blowing up power stations, burning donut shops, the attempted violent coup d’etat on January 6, overturning Roe, and even anti-vaxxers and anti-maskers unleashing microscopic Covid pathogens in public spaces to violently invade others lungs. These are some of the many obvious and subtle forms of ultraviolence being unleashed in a dystopian America, apparently collapsing into a fascist future. What else are all those AR-15s for? Protection? Or to impose the fascist theocracy once valid elections are no longer obeyed?

A society living in existential fear is a society that turns to sacred scrolls for answers, turns to QAnon to connect the dots, turns to Inquisitions to defend their "truth" and "morality," turns to killing machines to feel strong and impose their will—and turns to authoritarian leaders to worship amid the madness. There is no end in sight for ultraviolence or the overall madness.

The Texas government's response to Uvalde showed that.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

• 2 weeks later...

My kids (14,10) have obviously heard about a lot of mass shootings by now but this 6 year old doing this really upset and disturbed both of them. My 14yo just kept asking how they got a gun and the shitty thing is I really have no good answers. 

• Hook 'Em 2