TX-34 Special Election- You decide what it means

StassneyHorn

Was Biden +4 in 2020 GE, should be comfortable D in 2022 GE due to redistricting to make it Biden+16. Special Election winner gets a few months vacation in DC and some letterhead to frame on the wall.

This special election will serve everyone with an opinion on GOP "gains" in South Texas. You will mostly get to make whatever opinion you want and not be wrong, The "favorite" Mayra Flores has gotten a shit ton of money from GOP PACs as well as her own fundraising number and is outspending her main opponent 16 to 1, Democrat Dan Sanchez. She is a Border Patrol wife, immigrated to Texas at 6 from Mexico, and made Instagram post with QAnon and Q tags. Dan used to work with former Rep Filemon Vela and his father I believe, and will not be running afterwards in the general election. 

This should not a competitive seat in November and the Democrats showed that by not using their wallet, believing if it flips it will just return back in a few months. Republicans want to use this as a "See, I told you they like us and Trump." GOP wants momentum in south Texas.

Early voting showed 80% was made up of Cameron Co and Hidalgo Co. Participation overwhelmingly went to the Democratic side in the primary and runoffs this year in Cameron and Hidalgo. However, 16 million dollars prints a lot of glossy pictures to send people in the area to remind people you are attractive looking.

Early Voting

County Registered Voters # In Person On 06/14/2022 Cumulative In-Person Voters Cumulative % In-Person Cumulative By Mail Voters Cumulative In-Person And Mail Voters Voter Turnout Voter Details Report
CAMERON 225,424 0 10,003 4.0% 1,454 11,457 5.08% Click Here
HIDALGO 58,591 0 1,143 2.0% 313 1,456 2.49% Click Here
JIM WELLS 26,484 0 599 2.0% 144 743 2.81% Click Here
KLEBERG 18,458 0 561 3.0% 196 757 4.1% Click Here
SAN PATRICIO 15,868 0 119 1.0% 124 243 1.53% Click Here
BEE 15,710 0 517 3.0% 169 686 4.37% Click Here
DEWITT 12,118 0 231 2.0% 124 355 2.93% Click Here
WILLACY 11,811 0 238 2.0% 58 296 2.51% Click Here
GOLIAD 5,745 0 171 3.0% 36 207 3.6% Click Here
GONZALES 4,507 0 70 2.0% 24 94 2.09% Click Here
KENEDY 309 0 17 6.0% 3 20 6.47% Click Here
TOTAL 395,025 0 13,669 3.0% 2,640 16,309 4.13%

Edited by StassneyHorn
  • Like 1

Flores%20and%20Sanchez.jpg

Mayra: "You may say that I'm a dreamer..."

Seriously how are the R's supporting an immigrant? 

From her site:

Illegal immigration encourages and funds human/child trafficking. I legally immigrated to America when I was six years old. Living in South Texas offers a unique perspective on illegal immigration and how it affects the livelihood of American citizens. We MUST secure our border to keep bad individuals out and to encourage LEGAL immigration.

how a district that starts with a fuck load of people in the valley and then stretches north through 250 miles of fuck-all damn near to luling is legal i'll never know.  other than the approval of the second taney court, i mean. 

Edited by elfenix

11 hours ago, StassneyHorn said:

Mayra with 50.9% of the vote current. Reads like there is 14 boxes left in Cameron Co.

7% participation rate.

7% turnout, Republicans keep Texas at what they want - a non-voting state.

Our state may be full of stupid people, but they're also quite lazy! 

15 hours ago, TexasEd said:

Flores%20and%20Sanchez.jpg

Mayra: "You may say that I'm a dreamer..."

Seriously how are the R's supporting an immigrant? 

From her site:

“On how it affects the livelihood of American citizens” lol

I bet her family had a housekeeper that used a visitor visa to work in the us and landscaping crew also lacked papers.

It really angers me these first generation citizens that “bring the ladder up behind them.”  Motherfuckers they didn’t want you when you came over either!

• Hook 'Em 2

11 hours ago, elfenix said:

how a district that starts with a fuck load of people in the valley and then stretches north through 250 miles of fuck-all damn near to luling is legal i'll never know.  other than the approval of the second taney court, i mean. 

crack and pack gerrymandering

15 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Little Elm is not in that district.  Only way he could have voted for her would have been fraudulently.  But then that's par for the course for the red side.     Fuck Musk the Attention Whore.

When did this happen? I had no idea he was now living in north Texas

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This could very well be a bad sign for Dems but this district had 140K votes in 2018 (last non-presidential, federal election day) and 28K votes yesterday.  People just didn't vote.

It’s a very, very bad sign.

• Fuck You 2

9 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

This could very well be a bad sign for Dems but this district had 140K votes in 2018 (last non-presidential, federal election day) and 28K votes yesterday.  People just didn't vote.

I can't think of a worse setup for voter turnout than a special election in a miserable heat wave in South Texas.  Not sure I'd extrapolate these results to 2022 just yet.  

10 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

It’s a very, very bad sign.

Meh. I don't see it as the sky is falling for the Dems, or that rainbows are sprouting up for the Reps.

The Dem candidate received 23K in the primary and 12K yesterday. The winning Rep candidate had 8600 primary votes and 14K votes in the general.  Dems (and actually Republicans) just stayed home and possible were unaware of the election. Who decides to hold a special election on a summer Tuesday?  General elections don't normally have fewer voters than Primaries. 

For the Nov race, I imagine that Flores will receive an influx of money.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

The Dems read the room so poorly when it comes to immigration and it’s going to cost them. 

Agreed. If they would just demonize them as rapists and murderers, the American people would surely reward them with votes.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Foosters said:

Agreed. If they would just demonize them as rapists and murderers, the American people would surely reward them with votes.

What Dems really need to do is threaten to gun them all down.

*waits for totallynoticono to rep this*

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Meh. I don't see it as the sky is falling for the Dems, or that rainbows are sprouting up for the Reps.

The Dem candidate received 23K in the primary and 12K yesterday. The winning Rep candidate had 8600 primary votes and 14K votes in the general.  Dems (and actually Republicans) just stayed home and possible were unaware of the election. Who decides to hold a special election on a summer Tuesday?  General elections don't normally have fewer voters than Primaries. 

For the Nov race, I imagine that Flores will receive an influx of money.

The Dems are hoping that the map will be more favorable in November, which it will. They’re just underestimating how badly the Republicans want this seat and the amount of money they’re pouring into south Texas. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, Foosters said:

That’s better than ignoring the issue, actually. Latinos want a stronger border and the Dems still have no idea, it’s actually kind of sad. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 2

10 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

The Dems are hoping that the map will be more favorable in November, which it will. They’re just underestimating how badly the Republicans want this seat and the amount of money they’re pouring into south Texas. 

Agree that the GOP has turned their eyes to South Texas. They used to count on limiting Houston to 3 Dem seats and now with the recent changes, Dems have locked in 4 seats in Houston.  Fletcher (D) went from her district being D+1 to D+24. Houston does have a new district in the far NW side starting this year that will almost assuredly be red.

7 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

That’s better than ignoring the issue, actually.

LOL.

Can you think of other examples in history where authoritarians have demonized groups? How does that typically work out? Does the temporary acquisition of power justify the harm done to those groups? 

Do you claim to be a Christian? Do you go to Church?

• Hook 'Em 3

28 minutes ago, Foosters said:

LOL.

Can you think of other examples in history where authoritarians have demonized groups? How does that typically work out? Does the temporary acquisition of power justify the harm done to those groups? 

Do you claim to be a Christian? Do you go to Church?

A Mexican immigrant just won running on a Republican ticket. The Dems need to update their talking points or get left in the dust. Or don’t, that’s fine with me. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 3

1 minute ago, Poe It Up said:

A Mexican immigrant just won running on a Republican ticket. The Dems need to update their talking points or get left in the dust. Or don’t, that’s fine with me. 

Think you quoted the wrong post

6 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Um, no. The people you claim are being demonized are winning seats. But hey, good luck with the authoritarian talking points I guess. 

The people I claim are being demonized?

Get the fuck out of here.

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Maybe the dems just need to lie and make up shit like "illegal aliens are criminals"

aggfelonsCRS.jpg

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Please, please double down on these talking points. We Republicans are begging you. 

"talking points" like not all "immigrants are murderers and dirty criminals?" 

And your side will continue to argue the contrary despite full knowledge that its not true?

Um, ok. Congrats on the "win"

3 minutes ago, Foosters said:

"talking points" like not all "immigrants are murderers and dirty criminals?" 

And your side will continue to argue the contrary despite full knowledge that its not true?

Um, ok. Congrats on the "win"

Talking points from (checks calendar) 6 years ago. I can’t for the life of me understand why it’s not resonating. 

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 2

3 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Talking points from (checks calendar) 6 years ago. I can’t for the life of me understand why it’s not resonating. 

No kidding. You'd think that when your guy who shares your talking points massacred a bunch of Latinos at Walmart, that would have moved the needle. Oh well! 

• Hook 'Em 1

38 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

why do you support a party that fostered an insurrection to overthrow our government? and you seem to revel in the fact. why? what is it about the R party that is so appealing to you? at what cheap cost have you sold your soul? lower taxes? 

19 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

why do you support a party that fostered an insurrection to overthrow our government? and you seem to revel in the fact. why? what is it about the R party that is so appealing to you? at what cheap cost have you sold your soul? lower taxes? 

Where have I even discussed the insurrection? But please continue the line about selling souls and your moral superiority, that’s the good stuff. 

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Poe It Up said:

Where have I even discussed the insurrection? But please continue the line about selling souls and your moral superiority, that’s the good stuff. 

For all I know you haven't said shit about it. I dunno, I don't read everything you post. but you have proudly announced you a republican and plan to vote that way. so, as a proud republican, please explain why you support Q-Anon, America First, Nazis, and insurrectionists. And no, you don't get to divorce yourself from those things. That's YOUR party. Own it and explain to us why you support it.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

For all I know you haven't said shit about it. I dunno, I don't read everything you post. but you have proudly announced you a republican and plan to vote that way. so, as a proud republican, please explain why you support Q-Anon, America First, Nazis, and insurrectionists. And no, you don't get to divorce yourself from those things. That's YOUR party. Own it and explain to us why you support it.

Unfortunately, you don’t have a say in what I can and can’t divorce myself from. I will vote Republican and it will have zero to do with any of those nut jobs. 

• Fuck You 2

1 minute ago, Poe It Up said:

Unfortunately, you don’t have a say in what I can and can’t divorce myself from. I will vote Republican and it will have zero to do with any of those nut jobs. 

lol and you have no say in me and a helluva lot of others passing judgement on your for cherry picking your voting strategy. there's no asterisk that says "I'm voting Republican but not for all that fascist shit." Yes, the fucking fascist shit too! that's on you. own it. you voted for it, you are responsible for it.

4 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lol and you have no say in me and a helluva lot of others passing judgement on your for cherry picking your voting strategy. there's no asterisk that says "I'm voting Republican but not for all that fascist shit." Yes, the fucking fascist shit too! that's on you. own it. you voted for it, you are responsible for it.

I’m personally responsible? Holy shit, I love this place. 

• Fuck You 2