TX-34 Special Election- You decide what it means

StassneyHorn

5 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

lol and you have no say in me and a helluva lot of others passing judgement on your for cherry picking your voting strategy. there's no asterisk that says "I'm voting Republican but not for all that fascist shit." Yes, the fucking fascist shit too! that's on you. own it. you voted for it, you are responsible for it.

Demonizing the electorate that you've been banking on for a wave of voters for nearly two decades. Wow. History really does repeat itself. 

15 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

Unfortunately, you don’t have a say in what I can and can’t divorce myself from. I will vote Republican and it will have zero to do with any of those nut jobs. 

“Sure I’m a Nazi and I vote for Nazis but I’ve got nothing to do with whatever they’re doing in that camp down the street!”

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, wildcat09 said:

“Sure I’m a Nazi and I vote for Nazis but I’ve got nothing to do with whatever they’re doing in that camp down the street!”

Like I said previously, I hope your party continues with this nonsense. It will make the red wave that much larger. 

• Fuck You 3

Just now, Poe It Up said:

They substitute fascism. I hope they never see the eye rolls it produces. 

Zzz Ok GIF by Jim Gaffigan

They do, huh? Actual Democratic candidates for office call Republicans fascist? I certainly wish they would, but I haven't seen it. You got any examples?

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

They do, huh? Actual Democratic candidates for office call Republicans fascist? I certainly wish they would, but I haven't seen it. You got any examples?

The DNC chair certainly used that term recently. Beto used the Third Reich, but it all results in an insouciant shrug. I say double down, please. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3

59 minutes ago, Satchel said:

She’s gonna get smoked in November.

Maybe. This seat is gerrymandered to be safe D and Vicente Gonzalez is a known commodity.

Gonzalez' old seat next door (TX-15) is in real danger of flipping, however. It's one of the only competitive districts left in the state. The R candidate came within 4 points in 2020.

49 minutes ago, berlinerbaer said:

Maybe. This seat is gerrymandered to be safe D and Vicente Gonzalez is a known commodity.

Gonzalez' old seat next door (TX-15) is in real danger of flipping, however. It's one of the only competitive districts left in the state. The R candidate came within 4 points in 2020.

She’ll get smoked because the residents of that gerrymandered district will be out for blood.

• 6 months later...

The face of Conservative Latinas, the ‘future’ of the party, queen of South Texas, and proud Border Patrol wife, has found a home at TPPF. Mayra Flores.

https://www.texaspolicy.com/press/mayra-flores-joins-tppf

I’d like to think we can Venmo Lobo a non taxable amount under $600 if he grabs a seat next to her and debates his favorite 80s movie sex scene between Porkys or Revenge of the Nerds. To himself. Spilling a margarita.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Foosters said:

Lulz 

The red disappointment continued last night with the Dems flipping a VA State Senate seat. 

Turnout favored the GOP, but persuasion, not turnout, flipped the seat.  Moderate Republicans do not like the Speaker drama and that the GOP continues to scream how they are going to ban abortion.  

FLIP. 

24 minutes ago, Js1 said:

The red disappointment continued last night with the Dems flipping a VA State Senate seat. 

Turnout favored the GOP, but persuasion, not turnout, flipped the seat.  Moderate Republicans do not like the Speaker drama and that the GOP continues to scream how they are going to ban abortion.  

FLIP. 

I personally know a few Republicans that held their nose and voted Dem because of Roe. 

• Fuck You 1

8 hours ago, Poe It Up said:

It definitely wasn’t a red wave. At least we got the house, that’s what I’m telling myself.

You have a House controlled by Lauren Boebert and Matt Gaetz, with MTG pretending that she's also running the show.  The absolute dumbest and creepiest Republicans in the House.

So congrats?

15 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

You have a House controlled by Lauren Boebert and Matt Gaetz, with MTG pretending that she's also running the show.  The absolute dumbest and creepiest Republicans in the House.

So congrats?

Politics makes for strange bedfellows. 

• Fuck You 1

On 1/11/2023 at 8:57 AM, Js1 said:

FLIP. 

its-always-sunny-in-philadelphia-flipade

• 5 months later...
On 1/11/2023 at 10:22 AM, Poe It Up said:

I personally know a few Republicans that held their nose and voted Dem because of Roe. 

"I held my nose" is one of my least favorite voting rationalizations.

Keep up the posting, Poe.  This thread has been like a Williams Lectric Shave for neg repping you. 

3 hours ago, Bullneck said:

"I held my nose" is one of my least favorite voting rationalizations.

Keep up the posting, Poe.  This thread has been like a Williams Lectric Shave for neg repping you. 

Bless your heart, I definitely will little buddy.