Learn me who to root for -- Blow U v. Aggy

smwhorn

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

Well, nothing good ever, ever comes for rooting for blOU.

That said.

artwork-of-the-chicxulub-asteroid-impact

Thought about this but then we'd have a tough time beating the Irish Cafolics in Game 2 at 6:00 pm that same evening.  At least in Omaha.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Sooners, no question. They at least have a respectable Omaha history. 

Although I would consider it more rooting against aggy.

This right here. Only aggy could make me pull for OU. I can’t stand those mofos but at least they have some athletic skins on the wall. I always have my rankings of hate updated though just for this exact scenario. These rankings are subject to change, but the Top 3 are almost always the same.

1) aggy

2) OU

3) Arkansas

4) Texas Tech 

5) Baylor

I see OU as a tougher Game 2 opponent, regardless of winner/loser bracket.  They know they've split the 4 games with us this season, and will be primed for the matchup.  Our friends on the Brazos, however, only know they beat us in our one game this year, and combined with their "#5 NATIONAL SEED" hubris will thus be massivelly overconfident, which is always prime time to pick them off.

Fuck 'em both, but I'm rooting for us getting to the finals.  Easiest path there works for me.

• Like 2

Fuck both.

That being said, I've only seen one fanbase complain about their game time, how we had an easy road to Omaha, and how despite being the 2nd highest ranked team remaining, somehow having the longest odds to win it all.

BOMC indeed, you fucking losers.

• Hook 'Em 1

I will never root for OU. I did once against Texas Tech in football in 2008 and then they ended up winning but by too much and we got fucked anyway. In retrospect I wish Texas Tech had just won.

Nothing good can ever come from OU winning. Ever.

A&M will just choke at some point. If OU wins they are going all the way and ruin our season and win the championship and setting up the next Sooner dynasty where they amass 14 CWS titles in 15 years thus ruining baseball forever. Not OU. Not even once.

Edit: But let's be real. OU is winning this whether we root for them or not. A&M chokes in Omaha, it is what they do.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

OU views Texas as a big rival who stands in the way of a championship - same as we view them.

to aggy, playing Texas IS the championship. They could lose the next two as long as they could beat their chests saying they beat us in Omaha.

but it doesn’t make a shit. We’re kicking that ass no matter who we play (after we beat Domers.)

Edited by The Dog

Except for football, OU is just another team.  And in baseball, they are a team with enough history to be worthy of respect.  Aggy is worthy of nothing.  Go Sooners. 

To be clear, no amount of winning in football will ever bring them out of the primordial ooze of suckiness.  Fuck OU.

While it’s not an easy choice, I’m rooting for OU.  Reasoning:

1) Don’t want to feed SEC circle jerk

2) With 88 CWS wins across 37 appearances, we are averaging 2.3 wins per appearance.  I’d prefer to keep aggy at 2 wins over duration of their shitty existence which is < than what we average per trip.  Which again… is a trip we are taking for the 38th time.  Pretty cool stat.

In, like everyone else for the meteor.

Grew up in NW Houston. Aggy actually winning anything including a meaningless end of season game vs us in a down year is not tolerable. If they actually win something important, look out. Its,fucking awful. At least Ou fans have been there. I'm sure DFW folks feel similarly with OU, except OU wins a lot more, fucking bastards.... But Aggy actually winning something of value, shivers....

14 minutes ago, Born to Run said:
4 hours ago, Fletch said:
Y’all chill
we beat notre dame
ou beats aggy
we beat ou
Norte dame beats aggy
notre dame beats ou
we beat notre dame 
we go 2-0 against pig
??????
profit

That's sweet but I want pig going two and bbq,fuck piggy. I'll take whomever else in bracket two.

I applaud the sentiment but I am for any scenario that involves us winning the title. Even if piggy beats everybody else 30-0.