PRE-CLEAR-GE vs Poors

midtown

CLEAR-PRE-GE vs POORS  

78 members have voted

1. 1. If you are traveling with a poor person do you?

• Wait in the poors line with them?
    • Go through and wait for them on the other side?

About to go to Belize with my travel nurse.  She does not have any of the above.  I used one of my cards that reimburses me to pay for her GE application since I have multiple; almost two months but still no movement on it.   Debating how I deal with her being a poor for now.   I'm inclined to go through and order her a drink. 

Edited by midtown

11 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

If I'm traveling with someone for work, no doubt they are on their own.  "Meet you at the bar".

If I'm with my family (wife and 3 kids), I'm not abandoning them.

This...except I don't meet them for a drink because they don't have lounge access either...suckers.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

Wife is not Pre even though I've asked her to get it since she does travel for work occasionally. She would tell me to go ahead and use the Pre line with the kids and she would walk through the normal line. We went and got food for all of us while we waited for her to get through the 20 minute poors line. We normally fly American and recent got upgraded to Gold so we can use the Priority lane for all, which is nice. The kids get to use my Pre designation in that line but she still has to take her shoes off.

Edited by mdmost

33 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
2 hours ago, Wiler77 said:
If I'm traveling with someone for work, no doubt they are on their own.  "Meet you at the bar".

You get it for the family. We all have GE.

Particularly since so many credit cards now reimburse the fee.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, midtown said:

About to go to Belize with my travel nurse.  She does not have any of the above.  I used one of my cards that reimburses since I have multiple almost two months ago but still no movement on it.   Debating how I deal with her being a poor for now.   I'm inclined to go through and order her a drink. 

"See you on the other side." 

Nileseyy Niles Disappear GIF - Nileseyy Niles Disappear Vanish - Discover &  Share GIFs

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

^ That is the way to go. It’s not usually found on their website but Google turns up the link and it still works as of a couple weeks ago when there was another thread about Clear. Best part is that it works instantly after sign up. No need for a separate trip to the airport or a long waiting period.  And in busy times Clear is way faster than Pre Check. 

And in busy times Clear is way faster than Pre Check. 

I mean they are completely unrelated so she will still have to do security with the poor but I did tell her last week to at least get CLEAR.  She travels enough its worth it.   Bypassing the ID check is the bulk of the problem anyway.  

Edited by midtown

Yeah, we probably are looking at it from different angles. To me, getting to the x-ray machine quicker is all that matters. Taking off shoes and pulling out a laptop doesn’t bug me much if i got skip the long line.  But I get that for others, the pre check lane is valuable for the whole shoes and laptops hassle. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Your Mom said:

But I get that for others, the pre check lane is valuable for the whole shoes and laptops hassle. 

A lot of it depends on the airport.   Austin, Dallas, Houston not only have more flyers but also more affluent and business business.  SAT has a shit load of "well dang gum what's all them peoples doing over there in that pre thing..Myrtle did you pack my second pair of American flag shorts?"

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

Work travel is every person for themselves. I usually try to get intel on other coworkers flights and I make sure I am on different itinerary. 

Family right now is me taking the three year old, one year old, the stroller, and the bags with 18 different types of liquid through clear and pre line while my wife goes through the poors line. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, midtown said:

About to go to Belize with my travel nurse.  She does not have any of the above.  I used one of my cards that reimburses me to pay for her GE application since I have multiple; almost two months but still no movement on it.   Debating how I deal with her being a poor for now.   I'm inclined to go through and order her a drink. 

Pics of travel nurse plz. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

LMAO at people flying commercial looking down their nose at other "poors" flying commercial
#teamprivate
Flying private is the biggest waste of money out there. Yes, it is convenient, but just wasteful, not to mention not friendly to the environment. But you do you.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Your Mom said:

Yeah, we probably are looking at it from different angles. To me, getting to the x-ray machine quicker is all that matters. Taking off shoes and pulling out a laptop doesn’t bug me much if i got skip the long line.  But I get that for others, the pre check lane is valuable for the whole shoes and laptops hassle. 

I'm liking the new scanners they have for your bags/shoes at some airports where you don't have to take your laptops out.  When I travel for work I have my personal and work laptops so I need 2 of those bins.

But, here in CRP the scanner lets you leave it in the bag.  It was the same at SYR last week.  That saves me the biggest hassle.

7 hours ago, Your Mom said:

^ That is the way to go. It’s not usually found on their website but Google turns up the link and it still works as of a couple weeks ago when there was another thread about Clear. Best part is that it works instantly after sign up. No need for a separate trip to the airport or a long waiting period.  And in busy times Clear is way faster than Pre Check. 

Not sure if the free trial works more than once...  I did it last year with the family - I'm GE but they don't travel enough to justify it - and it was easy and I canceled the trial after the trip.  Signed up again for the free trial again last week with a different email but with family in tow but not sure it'll work a second time since they have our scans in the "system"...

5 hours ago, Chewbacca said:
6 hours ago, Landomatic said:
LMAO at people flying commercial looking down their nose at other "poors" flying commercial
#teamprivate

Flying private is the biggest waste of money out there. Yes, it is convenient, but just wasteful, not to mention not friendly to the environment. But you do you.

It’s pretty fantastic when traveling with kids and going out to West Texas or the better beaches in FL. 

5 hours ago, Ag with kids said:

I'm liking the new scanners they have for your bags/shoes at some airports where you don't have to take your laptops out.  When I travel for work I have my personal and work laptops so I need 2 of those bins.

But, here in CRP the scanner lets you leave it in the bag.  It was the same at SYR last week.  That saves me the biggest hassle.

I'm still confused how to handle multiple laptops, I've been pulled for rescreening for leaving more than one laptop in the bag, and I've also been yelled at and told to stop wasting bins when I took the laptops out.

14 hours ago, mdmost said:

We went and got food for all of us while we waited for her to get through the 20 minute poors line.

That's sufficient time to bang the road wife while the homey wife is still shuffling in the queue

My kids can piggy back on my GE.  Before my girlfriend got TSApre, I'd drop her off at the terminal and she would check our bags and wait in the poors line, while I'd drop the car off at FastPark and take a shuttle back, and go through the TSApre security line.  Every time I'd still get through security before her, but at least there wasn't much of a wait.

16 hours ago, Kennythetiger said:

Pics of travel nurse plz. 

Might be the future mrs. midtown but ill see what I can do on the trip.    I've made it clear to her that I'm going with the CLEAR/PRE combo.  I am nice enough that I told her I would take her computer and liquids through.   She actually sent me this two weeks ago

• Haha 1

On 6/15/2022 at 10:53 AM, midtown said:

Clown question bro.

TSA Pre-check cost $85 and is good for 5 years. I don't think cost is the reason dumbasses are not getting it. They are just too lazy to spend 1-2 hours to get it. I thank them for not getting it. If everyone got it, then the lines would be long as hell. Please continue being lazy dumbasses.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

21 minutes ago, CooterBrown said:

Since when? That wasn’t the case a few years ago.

Since June 5. To clarify, I have GE, which includes TSAPre for domestic flights, and that’s why my kids have piggy-backed in. I haven’t traveled with them internationally since I got Global Entry in 2019.

12 hours ago, midtown said:

Might be the future mrs. midtown but ill see what I can do on the trip.    I've made it clear to her that I'm going with the CLEAR/PRE combo.  I am nice enough that I told her I would take her computer and liquids through.   She actually sent me this two weeks ago

If it becomes an issue, I'm going to Belize on 6/29 and I'd be willing to take her through security and help her get to Belize.

Because I CARE!!!

9 hours ago, South Austin said:

Since June 5. To clarify, I have GE, which includes TSAPre for domestic flights, and that’s why my kids have piggy-backed in. I haven’t traveled with them internationally since I got Global Entry in 2019.

Yeah, the kids are piggybacking on TSA precheck. Not the $15 upgrade to GE.

international travel they aren’t rolling through GE with you.

On 6/16/2022 at 8:31 PM, crash_davis said:

TSA Pre-check cost $85 and is good for 5 years. I don't think cost is the reason dumbasses are not getting it. They are just too lazy to spend 1-2 hours to get it. I thank them for not getting it. If everyone got it, then the lines would be long as hell. Please continue being lazy dumbasses.

Also please continue being dumb anti-government fucks

7 hours ago, Grimas said:

Argh- 4 months and still waiting...

Absurd, but I appreciate the inspiration. Let’s see how long it will take to get my kids new passports. There was 1 appointment available in 25 miles from me and it’s 4 weeks away…so hopefully i make it by December?

Ugh. I am flying as part of a party of 8 this summer. I reserved everything so we are all on the same reservation. I am that only one with Pre. Wife doesn't have or need it. Kids are 12 and 9. My 75+ parents who probably haven't flown in a decade and probably won't again anytime soon. And my two 15 year old nephews. Conflicted here because normally I would just go with everyone and help since they don't have any clue what they're doing but I'm also planning on bringing minor contraband. 

50 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Ugh. I am flying as part of a party of 8 this summer. I reserved everything so we are all on the same reservation. I am that only one with Pre. Wife doesn't have or need it. Kids are 12 and 9. My 75+ parents who probably haven't flown in a decade and probably won't again anytime soon. And my two 15 year old nephews. Conflicted here because normally I would just go with everyone and help since they don't have any clue what they're doing but I'm also planning on bringing minor contraband. 

They can handle it somehow, it’s not rocket science 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

I think your kids and wife might pre with you. I vaguely remember those on my reservation before wife had GE coming along, but could be 100% wrong.

I am a hoping that since I booked and paid for her flight that they might give her pre but I do remember a few years ago everyone getting pissed off because there were a bunch of poors being randomly thrown into the pre line and jamming it up with a bunch of dumb asses who couldn't figure out the system.

On 6/15/2022 at 11:55 AM, Wiler77 said:

My kids are grown ass men now and wife has GE-Clear. We abandon them with the poors on the reg.

I went ahead and added to her to my family plan for $60.  Yes you can add friends in a family plan with CLEARME.   And it won't cost me a dime.   My membership is $109 and hers is $60 and AMEX Plat reimburses $189 per year so free free.

On 6/16/2022 at 8:18 AM, South Austin said:

My kids can piggy back on my GE.  Before my girlfriend got TSApre, I'd drop her off at the terminal and she would check our bags and wait in the poors line, while I'd drop the car off at FastPark and take a shuttle back, and go through the TSApre security line.  Every time I'd still get through security before her, but at least there wasn't much of a wait.

spacer.png

19 hours ago, bigcigar said:

I think your kids and wife might pre with you. I vaguely remember those on my reservation before wife had GE coming along, but could be 100% wrong.

Every time we've flown prior to Covid I was able to take them all through with me, wife included. She just got the check mark on her boarding pass automatically. I'm highly doubtful they are gonna give us 8 check marks this time through. It's going to be awesome getting busted for bringing gummies through TSA in front of my parents, wife and kids. 

Anyone with GE traveling to Canada, take your card with you. Sitting in a forever customs line in Montreal right now because they won't let us use GE without the cards that you are not supposed to have to use (we've never used them anywhere). Fuck this stupid airport.

26 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:

Anyone with GE traveling to Canada, take your card with you. Sitting in a forever customs line in Montreal right now because they won't let us use GE without the cards that you are not supposed to have to use (we've never used them anywhere). Fuck this stupid airport.

Yea, I got a NEXUS card for that specific reason but to renew it, the nearest location to do the renewal from Texas was Detroit...