LIV tour discussion

Wulaw Horn

Report: Cameron Young won't join LIV Golf, has ‘decided to stay’ with the PGA Tour

Hideki staying with PGA

Report Joining Cameron Smith, who also won the 2022 Players Championship, are Joaquin Niemann of North Palm Beach, Mito Pereira of Tequesta, Anirban Lahiri of Palm Beach Gardens, Marc Leishman, Harold Varner III and Cameron Tringale. SI reported all but Pereira will play in LIV's event outside of Boston starting Friday.

https://www.palmbeachpost.com/story/sports/2022/08/27/liv-golf-strengthens-field-adding-cam-smith-others-pga-tour/7921164001/

On 8/18/2022 at 9:34 PM, babysdaddy said:

That house looks like Plano buttfucked the woodlands

Lol. Exactly.  With an interior decorator whose last job was for Alfred the Great. 

14 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

At least he didn't hide behind bullshit pretenses like grow the game, spend more time with family bullshit. 

giphy.gif&f=1&nofb=1

41s95ir04wk91.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Facts.  I respect that.  Pales in comparison to that dreck that Tringale released.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Pablo said:

Facts.  I respect that.  Pales in comparison to that dreck that Tringale released.

His twitter bio.

Follower of Jesus & living my dream playing on the PGA TOUR. Mark 8:36

Mark 8:36 says "For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?"

Yea...he's a Jesus loves capitalism and making loads of money kind of "christian".

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 1

I watched the last 4 or 5 holes in regulation and then the playoff.  regulation was weird because it was hard to follow because a couple of the leaders had more than 1 hole left when it said 1 hole remaining on the scoreboard.

It was also weird just watching 5 guys have chances to win or tie all at almost the same time.  It was good that it was just constant golf action but the tension never really built.  10-15 minutes of guys putting for eagle/birdie/DJ saving his par from the trees and then it was over, except for the playoff.

they also kept showing random guys down the leaderboard like Perez because they were on the teams in contention for top 3.  I'd blow that off unless its a really important putt to tie or take the team lead.

I wouldn't say that at all.  It is just different.  the good thing is you are seeing lot of golf action without cutting to Nance in the booth for 5 minutes every 20, so he can get his required face time.

because of the shotgun start you had multiple guys finishing a the same time with putts to tie/win.  one had an eagle putt get to -16(which would have won) but he missed. Westwood had a chance to win with a birdie and dumped his 2nd on a par 4 into the bunker.  It was pretty compelling because 4 or 5 guys had a chance to win/tie within 10 minutes or so. 

On 9/5/2022 at 1:14 AM, Wulaw Horn said:

DJ with the win and team win. I think they’ve won every team competition. Which means Pat Perez keeps banking $750k a tournament from team winnings even though he’s been irrelevant. Good work if you can get it I guess. 

Is the team concept being aimed at getting sponsorship? 
Because I get it if it is Team Taylormade, Team Chase, Team Gatorade, Team Saudi Aramco - or Team UK, Team Spain, Team Florida, etc. but I could not care less than these rando teams they put together for the purpose of giving money to those who underachieve?

I will say I am interested to see what happens to James Piot, he just turned pro and if they sign more guys then I'd have to say he seems to be on the bubble. And I don't since he has never had any PGA Tour status it will be interesting to see if he can play anywhere next year.

1 minute ago, Wally Fairway said:

Is the team concept being aimed at getting sponsorship? 
Because I get it if it is Team Taylormade, Team Chase, Team Gatorade, Team Saudi Aramco - or Team UK, Team Spain, Team Florida, etc. but I could not care less than these rando teams they put together for the purpose of giving money to those who underachieve?

I will say I am interested to see what happens to James Piot, he just turned pro and if they sign more guys then I'd have to say he seems to be on the bubble. And I don't since he has never had any PGA Tour status it will be interesting to see if he can play anywhere next year.

Yes- that is the plan and they are throwing around numbers for the total team sponsorship that start with a B. I think that’s wildly overly optimistic but the thought is that these guys will be cut in for ownership of their teams through those sponsorships and it will dwarf their other money. I don’t see it but that’s the plan/hope/carnival barker come on. 

This is how LIV hits the pga hard …..

One of the top players in college golf over the past two seasons has decided to turn professional just before the start of his senior season and join LIV Golf.

David Puig, a Spaniard from Arizona State, announced his decision on Instagram on Monday and will be making his professional debut at LIV Golf’s event this week outside Chicago, at Rich Harvest Farms.

1 minute ago, alincoln said:

Now you have heard of him!  For the last time, sure, but you will remember his name for at least 72 hours.  

Well, i heard of him after a couple of bourbons, so it is likely he will be in my consciousness for less than 72 hours.  If I had read this during working hours 72 hours would be about right.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

David Puig, a Spaniard from Arizona State, announced his decision on Instagram on Monday and will be making his professional debut at LIV Golf’s event this week outside Chicago, at Rich Harvest Farms.

So unless LIV players figure out more ways to earn OWGR points, Puig will have to qualify for The US Open and finish Top 10 in order to earn entry into THE OPEN and The Masters right??  

Edited by LTtxfan

20 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

So unless LIV players figure out more ways to earn OWGR points, Puig will have to qualify for The US Open and finish Top 10 in order to earn entry into THE OPEN and The Masters right??  

Masters is an invitational. They can invite whomever they want. Yes,  they have typically invited x y and z based on certain criteria but they have the power to say fuck it here are the 90 or so players we are inviting this year. And most Liv players will be off the list. I think past champions will still be invited because winners are technically members at augusta. But I don't know if they would revoke those memberships for guys on the LIV or not.  I think every other chairman at augusta would have.... not sure if ridley will. 

• Hook 'Em 1

53 minutes ago, alincoln said:

Augusta should invite all of the former champions except Patrick, blame it on LIV and then refuse to answer questions regarding why DJ and Phil continue to be invited.

Announcing that they are going to handle this on a case-by-case basis would give them a lot of wiggle room to do whatever the fuck they want to do.

Have y’all seen how the last event is going down?  $50M tram concept. Teams will be seeded by a closest to the pin shot by team captains with the top 4 shots getting their team a bye and then 5, 6, 7 and 8 picking their opposite team. I guess 8 doesn’t pick they get whoever is left over. 
this seems really really really silly. I guess they do that at the time of the draft and then have teams select their opponents. Weird. 

8 minutes ago, YGIFS said:

Yeah, I think NJ is set to ban any LIV events from ever taking place in the Garden State ever again.  

I still think a LIV women's tour would be really fun.  Because of how well Saudi Arabia treats female athletes.  

Why would Jersey ban LIV?  For what rationale/purpose?

https://www.mycentraljersey.com/story/news/local/new-jersey/2022/08/18/liv-golf-events-new-jersey-banned-saudi-arabia/65407610007/

Call 'em and ask them.  I know the bill was proposed and political folks back East indicated it looked dead in the water but picked up a fuckton of momentum in the last few days.  I don't know shit about fuck when it comes to Jersey politics, but the guy who told me this was gonna go into effect is about as juiced in as it gets (he's a union delegate) so If I had to bet, I'd say it's done for good in Jersey, with other states likely to follow.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/12/2022 at 4:44 PM, tx 3 putt said:

One of the top players in college golf over the past two seasons has decided to turn professional just before the start of his senior season and join LIV Golf.

On 9/12/2022 at 5:30 PM, 4th&Five said:

I’m sure gonna miss the guy I’ve likely never heard of. 

Only way I know him is because the Horns dragged their fucking nuts over ASU at their home course to cement the national championship. 

• Hook 'Em 3