LIV tour discussion

Wulaw Horn

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Never in a million years would have had the CW as the landing spot for this. 
I’m surprised fox didn’t want this even for free. They have nothing compelling during the summer and a cable channel nobody watches, with. I relationship with the PGA. Seems like it would have been up their alley. 

I was watching Tony and Mike discuss this on PTI yesterday and both thought it was a big deal because geriatrics like them and my dad will actually be able to find it now and watch it on their TV instead of their phone or ipad's. I agree it won't move the needle much with anyone else.

• Hook 'Em 1

CW is much better than YT for trying to get their foot in the door. CW has a baseline audience just like every other channel on TV. It's also just a few channels up from NBC or wherever the actual golf is. No one is going to go out of their way to watch it on YT, but people that are already watching the PGA may click up a few channels to see what is going on with LIV. Like @4th&Five said golf is an older audience in general. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/19/2023 at 1:31 PM, 4th&Five said:

I was watching Tony and Mike discuss this on PTI yesterday and both thought it was a big deal because geriatrics like them and my dad will actually be able to find it now and watch it on their TV instead of their phone or ipad's. I agree it won't move the needle much with anyone else.

Raises hand and says that resembles me. 

The PGA Tour is also available on cable but on channels golf fans are actually aware of.  

Mito Pereira is the big offseason acquisition?  Sounds like the Saudis are quickly losing interest and pivoting to soccer as a more effective sports washing opportunity.

CW is much better than YT for trying to get their foot in the door. CW has a baseline audience just like every other channel on TV. It's also just a few channels up from NBC or wherever the actual golf is. No one is going to go out of their way to watch it on YT, but people that are already watching the PGA may click up a few channels to see what is going on with LIV. Like [mention=280]4th&Five[/mention] said golf is an older audience in general. 

Yeah it’s the perfect demographic. All those middle age / senior females can tune in right after Stargirl and before Dawsons Creek.

7f45580503e0fb24afffd908ce16d0d7.jpg

7c768ac988fd1be8d9a3c52fe3c5dca5.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 5

I was never a fan of Rory as I’ve mentioned before. It was really due to the Ryder Cup and my inability to cheer for Euros. But I’ve really come to admire and respect the way that Rory has handled all of this. I’m Team Rory now and will cheer for him…as long as it isn’t against Scottie or Jordan…or during the Ryder Cup.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Hate said:

I was never a fan of Rory as I’ve mentioned before. It was really due to the Ryder Cup and my inability to cheer for Euros. But I’ve really come to admire and respect the way that Rory has handled all of this. I’m Team Rory now and will cheer for him…as long as it isn’t against Scottie or Jordan…or during the Ryder Cup.

Never been a Rory fan. His reaction to all of this gives that idiot credence. Don’t make Reed and LIV the bad guy. They shouldn’t even be mentioned. Rory talks too much about it.

15 hours ago, thunderlounge said:

I haven’t played on tour in the last 11 years either. And I’ll do it for half that. 

Yeah I don't understand why they even need to offer him that much money. Wtf is Anthony Kim doing that you need to pay him $35M/yr for his services. 

just noticed that the Dubai event had to push back to a Monday close - but the big news is that Rory and Fatrick are paired together for the round tomorrow (although you have to get up very early to watch it)

I can't decide what kind of tees Rory should bring - Law firm sponsored tees, PGA tour tees, World #1 ranked player tees - or maybe he should just "accidently" drop a rule book on the tee box.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

just noticed that the Dubai event had to push back to a Monday close - but the big news is that Rory and Fatrick are paired together for the round tomorrow (although you have to get up very early to watch it)

I can't decide what kind of tees Rory should bring - Law firm sponsored tees, PGA tour tees, World #1 ranked player tees - or maybe he should just "accidently" drop a rule book on the tee box.

How early??   (Haven't seen tee times for Saturday...)

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

How early??   (Haven't seen tee times for Saturday...)

I think the tee time is something 1:30 am Austin Weird Time, it is an estimated time as they have to finish the Friday round for some players that were still on the course

https://www.europeantour.com/dpworld-tour/dubai-desert-classic-2023/leaderboard?round=2

My quick estimate is Austin is -10 hours, not sure when the GC coverage starts

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/26/2023 at 7:05 PM, thunderlounge said:

I haven’t played on tour in the last 11 years either. And I’ll do it for half that. 

Heck, me too.  I could be a young unknown, coming out of nowhere to lead the pack at Augusta.  Incredible Cinderella story.