LIV tour discussion

Wulaw Horn

what the cuss?  The LIV tour is going to be broadcast in the U.S. on theCW channel?  I'm sure there's an explanation that I don't give a shit about.  

But please tell me that local affiliates of the CW will be able to exercise their usual syndication rights just before or after they cover these LIV tournaments.  And the entire day of broadcasting is just the episode of the pre-marital sexually active Gossip Girls where one of 'em gets pregnant and has an abortion.  Should go over really well in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.  Fuck them.  it has inspired me though to work on my long game. 

If the LIV had any smarts, they’d start up a jr golf association. Top tier courses, travel / nil money, financial assistance for parents.

start them young 

tiger and his parents had HUGE help from ping all through his jr career. Tiger assured them he was going to keep playing ping when he turned pro. Opps 

• Hook 'Em 1

I hope they lose their court case, don't qualify for any majors, and slowly drop out of the public consciousness over the next few years.  Fuck every one of them.  If they wanted to play head to head against the best in the world they should have stayed on the tour.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

LIV'ish warm up event this week - playing on the SI Asian Tour event

https://www.asiantour.com/reports?url=https%3A%2F%2Fasian.ocs-asia.com%2Ftic%2Ftmscores.cgi%3Ftourn%3DSI23~season%3D2023~params%3DP*2ESC02~&id=2023&code=SI23&title=Round 2 Scoreboard

Sadly (total sarcasm), since there is a cut this week the following players won't get the full 54 holes of competitive golf in this week
Phil, Cam, BDC, Bubba, Na (Na - hey hey goodbye) - though my LIV favorite, James Piot (former US Am champ and Mich St player) made the cut on the number

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Mileslong said:

Like Richard Simmons only louder

I don’t know which is worse, this or Mayfield dancing video. This may be the worst thing I’ve ever seen

So the LIV promo ad is literally a dead skull with two sawed-off arms under it?  And they're hosting how many tournaments in our country?  And nobody is picking up on the fucking troll job they're doing?  I keep forgetting how stupid a huge chunk of this country is. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

And to think, these team franchises will each soon be worth more than the Cowboys, Yankees and Man U. Or so Greg Norman says

not sure what the Saudis are wanting to accomplish with all this, but what a huge colossal waste of money. This money could have been spent helping many poor counties. Buying up mineral rights around the world, anything

greg Norman was and will forever be a huge douche. Fuck him too 

• Like 1

Most of the LIV dudes took the money and are just going through the motions. Brooks, FIGJAM, Bryson are just a few which come to mind. Dudes haven't done a gotdamned thing since announcing that they are whores.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2023/feb/16/liv-golf-honeymoon-period-hurtling-towards-a-tangled-conclusion

In between being a little bitch suing people, Reed's still cheating but at least playing respectable golf.

1 hour ago, Mileslong said:

I just saw this the other day. Bryson and Cobra parting ways but the fact that LIV has a say in what equipment they use?!

a91bb655ab0d3404ea249234a8e6201d.jpg

The Bryson Cobra thing was because Liv has ultimate NIL rights for all of these guys and they have to sign off on any use in commercials. Cobra was waiting for over 2 months without a response on getting some releases for some Bryson ads and decided to part ways at that point.

• Like 1

I don’t know that my opinion of an athlete has ever changed so quickly…maybe Deshaun Watson, but that’s about it. I used to really like Phil and cheered for him regularly. Now, I just want him to completely go away. I’ll be cheering for him to miss every cut at the majors until he is no longer eligible. That will be the same for every LIV player. Unfortunately, the guys that have won at The Masters will be seen for several years to come.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Hate said:

I don’t know that my opinion of an athlete has ever changed so quickly…maybe Deshaun Watson, but that’s about it. I used to really like Phil and cheered for him regularly. Now, I just want him to completely go away. I’ll be cheering for him to miss every cut at the majors until he is no longer eligible. That will be the same for every LIV player. Unfortunately, the guys that have won at The Masters will be seen for several years to come.

Then pair them with Sandy Lyle and call it a day.

• Hook 'Em 1

So Adidas dropped Sergio and let DJ out if his contract, so he could develop a fashion line for the Four Aces?!

I’ve never seen seen so much fake hype over a terrible idea since New Coke. These guys really believe these teams are going to be worth multi millions? That people will want to wear their stupid team logos?

d7cb30c9e0c7c0f741929d3a77712194.jpg

• Haha 1

So LIV is expecting young golfers to dream of playing golf on a team with 3 other idiots over playing on the PGA and the chance of winning any of the 4 majors? Thats basically their angle.

Also the PGA dudes who made the jump this week have given up hope on winning on the PGA and are going after the guaranteed money? I wonder what the singing bonus is now that this thing has become the golf league of has been and spares.

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm completely expecting all of the LIV golfers to shit the bed in the majors this year.  None of them have truly competed in months, at least not at the highest level.  Real tournament golf is a completely different game and those guys haven't been really tested.  I think some of the with make cuts, but I doubt any of them truly contend at any of the majors.  Also, I have to say that it is really nice not to see Brooks anymore.  I'd rather BDC come back than Brooks.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mileslong said:

So Adidas dropped Sergio and let DJ out if his contract, so he could develop a fashion line for the Four Aces?!

I’ve never seen seen so much fake hype over a terrible idea since New Coke. These guys really believe these teams are going to be worth multi millions? That people will want to wear their stupid team logos?

d7cb30c9e0c7c0f741929d3a77712194.jpg

Nice quote! 😃

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 5

9 hours ago, Hate said:

I'm completely expecting all of the LIV golfers to shit the bed in the majors this year.  None of them have truly competed in months, at least not at the highest level.  Real tournament golf is a completely different game and those guys haven't been really tested.  I think some of the with make cuts, but I doubt any of them truly contend at any of the majors.  Also, I have to say that it is really nice not to see Brooks anymore.  I'd rather BDC come back than Brooks.

i would generally agree with you, with the exception of probably DJ. dude has 7 top 10's in 15 majors over the last 4 years. if he makes the cut that number goes to 7/12. take out 2021 when he got cut at the masters and his finishes there the last like 9 years are: 13th, cut, 6, 4, 10, 2, 1, cut, 12. dude had 7 top 10s in 8 events last year. as long as he is around he is going to at least compete.

Cam Smith finished 3/13/cut/1 last year. no clue how he will do.

Brooks is exhausting, but BDC is the definition of irrelevant. 2 career top 5s at majors. with LIV last year he had 3 top 10s

Brooks last 4 years majors:

image.png.d562c173056e96acdf3c50c2e76100b1.png

BDC last 4 years:

image.png.dd3a787e0e3ec6edccb51ac4d63ad848.png

re: coming back:

i don't think it matters though, i think there is going to be a very loud, very clear message sent for guys who want to come back and it is going to be a door slammed in their faces publicly and privately.

14 hours ago, crash_davis said:

So LIV is expecting young golfers to dream of playing golf on a team with 3 other idiots over playing on the PGA and the chance of winning any of the 4 majors? Thats basically their angle.

Also the PGA dudes who made the jump this week have given up hope on winning on the PGA and are going after the guaranteed money? I wonder what the singing bonus is now that this thing has become the golf league of has been and spares.

Adverse selection is a hell of a thing.

• Hook 'Em 1

Watched about an hour of LIV yesterday. Not as absolutely stupid as I thought it was going to be but it isn't great either. The golf was good to watch. The goofy graphics and side stories didn't add anything to the broadcast and gave it an amateurish feel. A good example is every time they were about to show a highlight shot that has just happened a graphic that read "DON'T BLINK" would flash on the screen. It just seemed dumb.

I got the same feeling watching this broadcast as I did the times I tried listening to the Freak.

The Twitter meme about Liv looking on at the Phoenix open as everything it wanted to be is pretty spot on, with the contractions and rowdy crowds and all. True fun vs the contrived product LIV is trying to put out.

Edited by Longhornstampede
  • Hook 'Em 1

App watching was good during week, broadcast on CW has been solid especially when you notice they don’t have some stuffy old white guy’s agenda to push constantly, golf is good, and the lack of bombardment of dickpill/investment bank/Mercedes/BMW commercials is a huge benefit I did not see coming.

Team over individual thing I can’t say does anything for me and clearly PGA has deeper pool to pull from, but I just like having golf on TV in general so I’m not going to get my panties in a bunch like I see other grown fucking men doing…

Edited by The Earl of Texas

I actually like LIV if for nothing else it pushed the PGA Tour into action.

Easy decision for most, especially Phil. He can play the Masters and PGA for life, British until he’s 60. I’m not a fan of most of the players that left but why not? Politics? Lol. Legacy? Lol.

Jay Monahan is in over his fucking head and he didn’t like being called out. Crippled Tiger is doing all he can, playing for no reason. The tour is trying to promote fucking Rory of all people as its spokesperson. It’s a shit show and entertaining.

• Hook 'Em 1

I watched two scrubs battle it out in the Honda today and had no idea LIV was occurring.  I really don't give a shit about "enhancements" the tour needs to make as I watch it now without them like I have for the last 30-35 years.  There are weeks that I don't watch golf, but when there is nothing else on TV on a weekend afternoon and I want to chill?  I'll watch PGA Tour golf and be glad the douche factor on tour has dropped a thousand percent. 

And I stand by my comment that none of these guys really compete at a major this year or maybe any other year.  Brooks couldn't even bring himslef to show up for whatever shitty tournament was held this weekend. Do you think Dustin Johnson cares enough to be sharp for a major?  You don't get ready for a major by playing what is effectively a corporate best ball tourney.

Edited by Hate

12 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

I actually like LIV if for nothing else it pushed the PGA Tour into action.

Easy decision for most, especially Phil. He can play the Masters and PGA for life, British until he’s 60. I’m not a fan of most of the players that left but why not? Politics? Lol. Legacy? Lol.

Jay Monahan is in over his fucking head and he didn’t like being called out. Crippled Tiger is doing all he can, playing for no reason. The tour is trying to promote fucking Rory of all people as its spokesperson. It’s a shit show and entertaining.

what's the Rory of all people comment about? my understanding is that he is pretty liked in the locker room and is absolutely one of the faces of the sport, plus he is 33.

Edited by NoName