HBO developing Game of Thrones Jon Snow sequel

Michael Knight

This development news means there are now seven Thrones projects in the works in addition to the upcoming House of the Dragon prequel series, which debuts Aug. 21. Dragon tells the story of a civil war within House Targaryen and is set about 200 years before the events in Thrones.

HBO’s other live-action prequels in various stages of development are 10,000 Ships (a.k.a. Nymeria) with showrunner Amanda Segel, 9 Voyages (a.k.a. The Sea Snake) with showrunner Bruno Heller, and Dunk and Egg with showrunner Steve Conrad.

There are also three animated prequel projects, including The Golden Empire, which is set in the China-inspired land of Yi Ti.

Wow.  As badly as they bungled the ending of the main series, who's going to sit down for 7 spin-offs?  HBO over here taking notes from AMC and The Walking Dead.

37 minutes ago, Tom said:

Wow.  As badly as they bungled the ending of the main series, who's going to sit down for 7 spin-offs?  HBO over here taking notes from AMC and The Walking Dead.

Because GOT is still the biggest HBO franchise ever and it’s a huge world with thousands of years of history to explore.

Any of these seven prequels will still be better than all but a handful of what’s on HBO these days. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah they aren't gonna have a problem getting people to tune in initially.  It will be appointment viewing for many, myself included.  But I would say the show, and franchise, has a considerably shorter leash because GOT S8 was such a shit show.  

40 minutes ago, kingkoopa6 said:

him and tormund wreckin shop up north.. badass.

but what they fighting? walkers all dead right?

Maybe they'll go to Craster's Keep to be roommates with all the daughters. It will be a sitcom like Three's Company, but with nudity. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

12 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

sounds like they're developing whatever they can with GOT, but will only move forward with projects that have the most promise. No way is HBO going to show 7 GOT shows. Might as well spin off the GOT channel if you do that.

That's what they did before the most recent series.... had 6 projects and then chose 1.  I believe 3 of the 7 right now are animated series.  

On 6/17/2022 at 12:19 AM, Tom said:

Paramount+ has 7 Star Trek shows in production.

Edit: Academy and Section 31 maybe be pre-production

Edited by atomheartbevo

1 hour ago, Horn80 said:

I’m in especially if every episode shows Bran sitting in his wheelchair staring off into space mumbling about being the three eyed raven.  

I fucking hate Bran. His stupid journey north of the wall was a waste of time, finally gets to that stupid fucking tree, fucks up, kills our boy hodor, didn’t do a single fucking thing during the long night and sat back and waited on the throne even though he has absolutely no governing background. Little fucker 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Fletch said:

I fucking hate Bran. His stupid journey north of the wall was a waste of time, finally gets to that stupid fucking tree, fucks up, kills our boy hodor, didn’t do a single fucking thing during the long night and sat back and waited on the throne even though he has absolutely no governing background. Little fucker 

Seems like he played the game right.  Doesn’t do shit yet still gets the throne.

Edited by Beantown Express 2.0

I'm re-watching GOT with my son right now.  It recently occured to me that I know all sorts of plot lines in early episodes before re-watching them but I have no fucking clue how the show ended.  I watched it to the end but for the life of me I can't remember who got the throne and who all lived.  That is a shitty fucking ending.  

On 6/19/2022 at 8:46 AM, Frank The Tank said:

Same. What did the last episode say Jon Snow was gonna be up to?

North of the wall with the wildlings.

Honestly this is a great chance for writers to come up with some great monsters to kill and maybe some friction between a Jon Snow/Tormund led wildling group and some other yet to be revealed Wildling antagonist that had always wanted power but was never able to seize it until now. The right group of writers could make this something awesome but we'll have to see.

1 hour ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I thought after GOT ended Kit Harrington was bitching about being all burned out on it and had to go off somewhere to recuperate.  I guess he recuperated.

Haha.  Money talks, bullshit walks.  Dude wants to get paid.