2022 College World Series Thread

Horny Bull

9 minutes ago, Gut Wagon said:

Translation: "Sips paid the umps to let OU hit juiced balls. We had to hit real ones. Oh, and Melendez couldn't have hit 32 real ones out of the park in a season, because none of our guys did, and he's Mexican."

37 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Imma head over to texags and read all the tales about how the ags won the 7th inning stretch and how the locals found the aggy fans to be the kindest, most interesting people they've ever met in their lives.

Please post your findings. 

13 hours ago, Spencer said:

The Sooners beat us in every phase. Hope we can rebound. On top of it all, we’ve got to find a couple pitchers that can throw the ball to first…

You won’t rebound. We’re going to kick the shit out of you like we always do 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

I still can’t believe they overturned that call at home last night 

Yeah, that was terrible. There is no way you tell could from any of the angles. I thought the reversal in our favor on first base was wrong too. I mean, I think he was safe at first, but if you're requiring conclusive evidence you shouldn't reverse that. 

Edited by Dahobbs
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Dahobbs said:

Yeah, that was terrible. There is no way you tell could from any of the angles. I thought the reversal in our favor on first base was wrong too. I mean, I think he was safe at first, but if you're requiring conclusive evidence you shouldn't reverse that. 

Whatever. We’ll get our chance. It’s gonna be awesome eliminating aggy and ou in 2 straight games 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Dahobbs said:

Confirmed?????? How on earth can you confirm that? 

They need to dump replay except for obvious egregious missed calls if they're not going to be consistent with it.

Like, just put a very short time limit (20-30 sec) on it.

• Hook 'Em 1

So those calls evened out, right?

2 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

So those calls evened out, right?

Ha! I wouldn't be surprised if the replay officials looked at it that way to justify the overturn at home plate. Really changed the complexion of the game. May not have mattered, but frustrating. 

Just now, Dahobbs said:

3 run bomb for Arkansas. Ball seems to be carrying a bit today. 

Arky had two deep shots in the first that would've been out yesterday, so I don't know if the wind has died down or if he just got all of that one.

Looked like he barreled it up pretty good

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

They need to dump replay except for obvious egregious missed calls if they're not going to be consistent with it.

Like, just put a very short time limit (20-30 sec) on it.

I'd drop the coaches challenge part, or make it cost them a visit to the mound if they get it wrong...

Just now, Horn80 said:

It’s dumb the players can’t wait for the call, close or not.

Oh that's dumb as well, but just stupid to make the ump even be the slightest bit emotional about it.  My kid is a freshman in HS and you see it there too and inevitably unless it was just obviously a ball...."STIRKE" once a kid is about 5 steps away