2022 College World Series Thread

Horny Bull

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

I can't believe I am counting on Ole Miss to save us from piggy.

This is the worst CWS in history.

Well, at least 5 of the remaining 6 have never won the title.  OU has 2, so I think I'll even pull for aTm over them.  Give me 1 of the other 4 winning it all and I can make peace with that.

4 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Nothing good can come of the Aggies winning. Pretty much the worst of all outcomes.

Either OU or A&M winning would be disastrous. The Irish won't have to face Cade Horton again if they can just send A&M home...

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 1

Either OU or A&M winning would be disastrous. The Irish won't have to face Cade Horton again of they can just send A&M home...

Those two are no doubts my last two choices to win it all. I don’t mind Notre Dame so much, but I don’t think they have enough to beat OU twice. They’ll have their hands full with A&M.

But that’s an easy choice of those 3.

As you mentioned this is the worst CWS. I’m done watching it.
  • Rage+1 1

I understand people hate Notre Dame but them winning does nothing bad for Texas Baseball. I think they are by far the least bad option remaining. 

But Ole Miss and Auburn are not the worst.

So I guess I want a Ole Miss vs ND championship series.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

39 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Well, at least 5 of the remaining 6 have never won the title.  OU has 2, so I think I'll even pull for aTm over them.  Give me 1 of the other 4 winning it all and I can make peace with that.

giphy.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

Those two are no doubts my last two choices to win it all. I don’t mind Notre Dame so much, but I don’t think they have enough to beat OU twice. They’ll have their hands full with A&M.

But that’s an easy choice of those 3.

As you mentioned this is the worst CWS. I’m done watching it.

User name…

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

Nothing good can come of the Aggies winning. Pretty much the worst of all outcomes.

They already won their national championship. Notre Dame is gonna grind it out IMO. aggy has to be low on pitching 

9 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Arkansas lost. Well that is the first good thing to happen in the entire CWS so far.

Yep. Just need notre dame to take care of business and auburn to knock out pig. Can’t fucking believe I’m pulling for notre dame to go to the national championship. Whatever. Just please no aggy or sooner or pig national title 

• Like 1

They already won their national championship. Notre Dame is gonna grind it out IMO. aggy has to be low on pitching 

We shall see.

Here’s the thing. This Aggie team did not grow up in the Aggie culture.

Tech, Stanford, ASU, UTSA and wherever else they transferred from.

Just now, Fletch said:

Yep. Just need notre dame to take care of business and auburn to knock out pig. Can’t fucking believe I’m pulling for notre dame to go to the national championship. Whatever. Just please no aggy or sooner or pig national title 

Notre Dame is far away in a part of the country is about pro-baseball. I cannot imagine very many TVs in Indiana are tuned in to this thing. Most of their players are fifth year seniors so there is no danger of some rising powerhouse. The Notre Dame job is just a stepping stone to a SEC job. They are not going to be taking top recruits or knocking us out of Omaha in future years. Them winning is fine.

Their fans may be fucking dickwads but who cares? We may see them again in a decade. Whereas OU, A&M and the SEC teams are dangerous to us. Them getting some big boost from a national title would suck.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Had Enough said:

We shall see.

Here’s the thing. This Aggie team did not grow up in the Aggie culture.

Tech, Stanford, ASU, UTSA and wherever else they transferred from.

Yeah but schloss is pretty aggy. He’s been 7 times or whatever and never won it all. We might be looking at mike Martin part 2. Or another Childress. aggy always fucks up. Always. 

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

Notre Dame is far away in a part of the country is about pro-baseball. I cannot imagine very many TVs in Indiana are tuned in to this thing. Most of their players are fifth year seniors so there is no danger of some rising powerhouse. The Notre Dame job is just a stepping stone to a SEC job. They are not going to be taking top recruits or knocking us out of Omaha in future years. Them winning is fine.

Their fans may be fucking dickwads but who cares? We may see them again in a decade. Whereas OU, A&M and the SEC teams are dangerous to us. Them getting some big boost from a national title would suck.

You could’ve just said notre dame is gonna be above average and we’re probably not going to play them often if at all. Whereas we’re stuck with the other fucks 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

A&M was strong down the stretch in Sunday matchups, but got blown up by FL in game three in Hoover, so they'll hope Prager can go a few innings and then it's whoever can stay out there for a bit.  ND is supposed to have a pretty deep staff but as I look at their schedule they were one game over .500 on Sunday (or game 3) scenarios for the regular season and the ACC tourney, then they knocked off Texas Tech and Tennessee in their third games. 

Doesn't matter, though.  Anything on earth can happen in one game.  What's important is that I sincerely appreciate all your well wishes.

13 minutes ago, Augustus said:

A&M was strong down the stretch in Sunday matchups, but got blown up by FL in game three in Hoover, so they'll hope Prager can go a few innings and then it's whoever can stay out there for a bit.  ND is supposed to have a pretty deep staff but as I look at their schedule they were one game over .500 on Sunday (or game 3) scenarios for the regular season and the ACC tourney, then they knocked off Texas Tech and Tennessee in their third games. 

Doesn't matter, though.  Anything on earth can happen in one game.  What's important is that I sincerely appreciate all your well wishes.

I hope schloss gets herpes and notre dame pounds y’all something like 15-1. But other than that, good luck 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Had Enough said:

It was a small snippet but my singular experience in South Bend outside of the game was very positive.

I’ve never disliked Notre Dame so it’s easy for me to hope they win. Like real easy given the other options.

I love South Bend and the ND campus. I’ve been there several times and always enjoyed being there, especially in the spring. Last time I was there I ate at one of their diner’s across the stadium and set at a table right next to Joe Theisman. That was pretty cool. 

I love South Bend and the ND campus. I’ve been there several times and always enjoyed being there, especially in the spring. Last time I was there I ate at one of their diner’s across the stadium and set at a table right next to Joe Theisman. That was pretty cool. 

That’s pretty awesome.

I’m not a people person but damned if that’s not some of the best stuff about what competition and college athletics is about.

And I realize you didn’t reference sports specifically, but respect and admiration should go a long way. I’ve been on enough road trips and at enough road venues to know that the comraderie amongst serious, opposing fans makes it special. I’d take the conversing about your teams and experiences all day over the damn trash talking that it’s evolved into.

I’m an immature loser especially given my age. The damned Horns down pisses me of to no end. I think part of this evolution, that’s maybe partly in my own mind, is the conflict between respect for the opponent and winning being enough versus intentionally being disrespectful and even more so when you win.

That trip was outstanding in every way but the game. And I felt crappy enough losing so I was thankful the ND fans just let me be. It was quite counter to say an Ohio State experience. And we’re even talking at baseball games the day prior to football. I’d welcome a return visit to ND.

Sorry to veer too far off topic.

Damn aggies will take Nd, minimal doubt. Unless they face an ace or a pitcher who is just on fire, their plate approach will fuck up a back end rotation bigly. Now their own pitching sucks mightily and their fielding too for that matter, but they are used to it by now and understand what they have to do on O. 

10 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

ND coach likely to end up at FSU?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

ND coach likely to end up at FSU?

FSU is in ND's conference but that wouldn't surprise me.

I don't think anybody's destination job in College Baseball is in the north where you get to start your season in ice and snow.

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

FSU is in ND's conference but that wouldn't surprise me.

I don't think anybody's destination job in College Baseball is in the north where you get to start your season in ice and snow.

Plus there is the fact that Notre Dame's head coach is a Florida State alum.

18 minutes ago, ScottS said:

Plus there is the fact that Notre Dame's head coach is a Florida State alum.

Ding ding ding. They’ll bring him home, a la Tech/Beard/Texas 

Edited by Js1