2022 College World Series Thread

Horny Bull

3 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

it really sucks our pitching took a dive.  this CWS was there for the taking.

Our side of the bracket was there for the taking but Ole Miss is playing out of their mind. 

Sometimes teams are a team of destiny and it looks that way with Ole Miss. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Ole Miss is 9-1 in the postseason and +55 in scoring margin. The haven't played a single home game in the postseason either. 

This is one of the most dominant runs in postseason play if Ole Miss can finish this. 

10-1.

There is a chance that Ole Miss can win the NCAA college baseball national championship for the first time in school history, tomorrow. There’s a chance.

That said, having played for them, bled for them, cried for them, and dog cussed them, my superstition takes precedence.

I’ll check back with you dipshits tomorrow, if I make it.

See y’all on the other side my friends.

7db9ab3baed93d80022e826e20a1d226.gif

• Hook 'Em 4

Just now, Valmy77 said:

Nicely done Ole Miss, but Vandy Boys also had a 1-0 lead last year.

They did and OU could still win but it's a totally different scenario. 

Vanderbilt won game 1 starting their ace. Ole Miss still has their top 2 starters for game 2 and 3. Mississippi State wasn't beating both Leiter and Rocker last year but they did their job by winning the game those 2 weren't pitching in. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

So do you need depth or not? Or do you need it when you need it and not when you don’t?

Not really. OU is here because of 4 or 5 pitchers and the same with Ole Miss.

I believe OU should have chased the win in the 8th inning with Michael. OU got here by throwing their top arms and they paid the price in this game because they didn't do that in game 1. 

Nobody has great depth and OU paid the price in the 8th because they didn't bring Michael in the game. 

Bianco should also get a lot of credit in game 1 because he started a reliever over several other pitchers that have started more games. 

Bianco knew he had to start one of his best bullpen pitchers because it was his only chance of winning this game. He won this game because he didn't fuck around with a shitty starter and went to his top end arms from the start. 

33 minutes ago, Had Enough said:

So do you need depth or not? Or do you need it when you need it and not when you don’t?

Honestly what you need is for your pitchers to pitch well and your hitters to rake and your defense to make plays and then everything is just gravy.

17 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Honestly what you need is for your pitchers to pitch well and your hitters to rake and your defense to make plays and then everything is just gravy.

That but Bianco out coached Skip in game 1. 

In a game where Ole Miss didn't have their top 2 starters available Bianco went to 3 of his top relievers instead of relying on a bad 3rd starter. Meanwhile, in a 4-2 game in the 7th Skip brings in pitchers he hasn't used much at all in the postseason. 

OU scored a run in the bottom of the 8th. This game was far from over and Skip conceded it way too early. Bianco won this game because he went to his best arms and in a much more unfavorable situation without his top 2 starters. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed

37 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Meanwhile, in a 4-2 game in the 7th Skip brings in pitchers he hasn't used much at all in the postseason. 

OU scored a run in the bottom of the 8th. This game was far from over and Skip conceded it way too early. 

Sadly, this is a total Pierce move. Maybe both will learn from it. 

12 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Ole Miss is going to Mallitz. I guess they don't want to fuck around but with a 6 run lead I would save him. 

Watching Mallitz with his constant tics and twitches and grimaces and touches makes my skin crawl.