2022 College World Series Thread

Horny Bull

4 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Yep. Just unreal what Augie put together during his time here. Fuck if we had any sort of hitting development from 2011-2015, we probably would’ve won our 7th in that stretch. Or if fucking Josh Bell and Blake Swihart came to campus. Oh well. We’re definitely on the right track 

Hell we almost did anyway in 2014.

14 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Hell we almost did anyway in 2014.

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 the lack of development of those hitters was astonishing. Hinojosa, Ben Johnson, Shaw, Tres and Gurwitz would all be hitting over .300 under Pierce. And of course we lose Peters right before the tournament. 2015 was the most disappointing year of Texas baseball I’ve ever experienced. Had national title aspirations and we had to win the fucking conference tournament for the right to get bitch slapped by Oregon state and dbu. Unreal 

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬 the lack of development of those hitters was astonishing. Hinojosa, Ben Johnson, Shaw, Tres and Gurwitz would all be hitting over .300 under Pierce. And of course we lose Peters right before the tournament. 2015 was the most disappointing year of Texas baseball I’ve ever experienced. Had national title aspirations and we had to win the fucking conference tournament for the right to get bitch slapped by Oregon state and dbu. Unreal 

Need a thread for you and Valmy to just reminiscence about past teams lol

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Whooooo!!!!!! Where’s my “T-7th MCWS” shirt!?!?

I know its kind of like celebrating being the first loser but I sure wish we put our top 3 and runner ups on the stadium wall with our champs. It would be a little obnoxious but those teams were all great and were so freaking close to winning it all and it seems shitty they are mostly forgotten. But I guess we have to constantly drill into the players heads that here we care about winning the national championship nothing else is really considered a victory. To start celebrating 3rd place would perhaps weaken that commitment.

Still sometimes I wish they were up there, you know?

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Nope said:

So we should have hired Skip Johnson?

No. It was the right move at the time. Besides Skip needed time to build a program and develop his skills as a head coach. There is not nearly as much expectations at OU, at least not before this post-season.

• Like 1