2022 College World Series Thread

Horny Bull

1 minute ago, Horn80 said:

I’d rather eat glass than be in NYC.

Why is that?  If you can do the good shit it’s amazing for a weekend.  It’s expensive but yeah if you have to ride the subways etc.  No thanks.  And there’s no shortage of talent again.  Great bars and food.  I’d eat glass before I was anywhere in Texas during the summer…that’s some really miserable shit.  

2 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Why is that?  If you can do the good shit it’s amazing for a weekend.  It’s expensive but yeah if you have to ride the subways etc.  No thanks.  And there’s no shortage of talent again.  Great bars and food.  I’d eat glass before I was anywhere in Texas during the summer…that’s some really miserable shit.  

You got me there.  Have a great time.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Rickylovesweed said:

Ole Miss just wanted 3 or 4 innings out of this starter and he's given them 3 perfect innings so far. 

They have some unreal mojo working right now. 

It’s hard to be too pissed when you have zero chance and it’s looking like zero chance from the get.  This is the ‘easy’ starter.  Yikes

We'd really dodge a bullet if Ole Miss could win this thing. 

3 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

New York is fun even if you don't have a bunch of money to burn. At least, if you're in your 20s. I could walk around and shoot the shit with people in that city for hours. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

We'd really dodge a bullet if Ole Miss could win this thing. 

New York is fun even if you don't have a bunch of money to burn. At least, if you're in your 20s. I could walk around and shoot the shit with people in that city for hours. 

I grew up doing Chicago and nyc poor af.  By grow up I mean my early boozing years.
Agree with you 100%.  But I’ve gotten old and my tolerance for bullshit is a lot lower.  Hence turning this game off.  

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I grew up doing Chicago and nyc poor af.  By grow up I mean my early boozing years.
Agree with you 100%.  But I’ve gotten old and my tolerance for bullshit is a lot lower.  Hence turning this game off.  

I visited Manhattan and Motauk a few weeks ago, my first time in NYC. 

It was pretty much what I expected, though I loved the theater experience even more than I expected.  Chelsea was my favorite part of the city, followed by the Village.  

I could never live there in a million years, but it was fun.  (Manhattan, that is. I could live in Montauk every day for the rest of my life)

• Hook 'Em 1