Most Arrests By Each NFL Team Since 2000

Vic Mackey

41 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

Using simple math (55 players x 32 teams) I wonder how this compares to other companies/employers with similar amount of employees?

If you're going to bother doing that sort of comparison, you should be taking into account the support staffs of each team. 

Everyone knows the skeezy salesman who pulls in 250k is going to get arrested more than Susan in HR who makes 60k.

2 hours ago, mininghorn88 said:

Using simple math (55 players x 32 teams) I wonder how this compares to other companies/employers with similar amount of employees?

Would need to compare to a company of 1500-1700ish employees (if we want to count practice squad guys as part of an NFL team) that has about a 45% annual turnover rate.  I'm not sure many, if any companies that size would survive 22 years of that EXCEPT the NFL

On 6/18/2022 at 12:41 PM, Vic Mackey said:

288857143_5484171831679153_5326958837015356411_n.jpg

Look at the top and bottom.  There is some consistency with cities and cultures that have more personal accountability and less corruption, and those that have less.  Denver and Minnesota vs. those bottom five cities.  It shows something about the cops in these different cities.  

On 6/18/2022 at 12:46 PM, Serak The Preparer said:

Makes sense the Texans are last. I mean, I can't think of a single scandal associated with the Texans over the last few years. Squeaky clean indeed.

They must've massaged the numbers

• Haha 4

20 hours ago, Eggo said:

If you're going to bother doing that sort of comparison, you should be taking into account the support staffs of each team. 

Everyone knows the skeezy salesman who pulls in 250k is going to get arrested more than Susan in HR who makes 60k.

Wait, wut?

maybe sarcasmometer is broken.  Nobody KNOWS that.  Smdh.

14 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

Look at the top and bottom.  There is some consistency with cities and cultures that have more personal accountability and less corruption, and those that have less.  Denver and Minnesota vs. those bottom five cities.  It shows something about the cops in these different cities.  

I am confused what you mean here. Are you suggesting that this indicates that Denver and Minneapolis are more corrupt that Philadelphia, Denver, and Los Angeles? That this indicates something about police forces? I don't know that you're wrong, I don't have data to suggest otherwise, but that seems questionable to me.

• Hook 'Em 3

1 hour ago, Serak The Preparer said:

I am confused what you mean here. Are you suggesting that this indicates that Denver and Minneapolis are more corrupt that Philadelphia, Denver, and Los Angeles? That this indicates something about police forces? I don't know that you're wrong, I don't have data to suggest otherwise, but that seems questionable to me.

It's the exact opposite. The corrupt cities are the ones that sweep crimes under the rug for the football players, and end up having less arrests. Theoretically. 

16 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

at least 4 of the Minnesota arrests have to be from the Love Boat scandal, right?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Vikings_boat_party_scandal

Edited by slorch

18 hours ago, PRONG HORN said:

Then why are the Rams and Chargers so far apart?

If we take 70 people per team (extended roster+).  21.5 years at an arrest rate of 2% gives 30.1 total arrests expected.

Percentiles:

5th - 21 arrests

20th - 25 arrests

40th - 28 arrests

60th - 31 arrests

80th - 34 arrests

95th - 39 arrests

Basically the middle rows are what you would expect from any given population.  The bottom and top rows are over-achievers.  Top 3 are in the WTF category.

Edited by JBJ

On 6/19/2022 at 5:59 PM, PRONG HORN said:

Yeah because there isn't a problem with corruption and accountability with the LA police or St Louis police. Nah, only 2 of the worst corrupt cities for law enforcement in the country. 

You need to go back to the drawing board, hoss. 

8 hours ago, Hermanator said:

Yeah because there isn't a problem with corruption and accountability with the LA police or St Louis police. Nah, only 2 of the worst corrupt cities for law enforcement in the country. 

You need to go back to the drawing board, hoss. 

At least I can read.  

On 6/20/2022 at 12:09 PM, Beau Vine said:

Then why are the Rams and Chargers so far apart?

His theory is silly but the stat is since 2000. The Rams and Chargers have only been in the same city for 20-25% of that period.

Also, f me for not realizing how old that post was before replying. 

Edited by Huckleberry