2023 Texas Baseball

Fletch

8 hours ago, SamMan said:

No love for whitehead, the pitcher? I’m obviously kidding, but I think he is going to be solid in the lineup next year.

I’m fuzzy on the particulars, but wasn’t the ou pitcher who had the monster cws in a similar situation as Witt? If so, that kid made a ton of money coming back and pitching well. Somebody correct me if I have that wrong. That said, I’m still not expecting him to contribute at this point. It’s a risky proposition.

Horton didn’t throw at all as a frosh and is draft eligible as a soph. I’d say the biggest difference is Witt already has college tape, Horton had to come back to show off

11 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I saw somebody mention that Morehouse was pitching well in his summer league so went to see how he was doing. He's had 3 good starts and 1 really bad start. 

Where do you think Texas will use him next year @Hookem2147?

There seemed to be a trend with him last year where he pitched really well against bad teams and teams with a pulse hit him around pretty good. 

He has the stuff, but he certainly didn’t seem to be able to locate consistently. He’s someone I could see benefiting big time from Williams. If this pitching staff is maximized next year I don’t think he’s a starter but we’ll see. Seems more like a multi inning reliever.

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I was thinking midweek starter. 

Assuming Texas lands Watts-Brown they will have a lot more options this year with starters. 

If they get Watts-Brown then the rotation is pretty much set in my mind. Gordon and JWB on Friday’s and Saturday’s with Hurley/Stuart battling for the Sunday role. Loser of that goes to Tuesday. Everyone else to the bullpen.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Hell, 2147 told us he’s gonna open Big XII play as our Friday SP. 

Oh hey Doc! 18 month injury still? On track to throw in games by September of 2023?

On 4/10/2022 at 3:53 PM, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Highly, highly doubtful Witt throws an inning next year. Typically an 18-month injury. 

Edited by Hookem2147

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

If EK could add a bit more power or at least find gaps more consistently he could be a nice piece of the lineup. 

He was abysmal down the stretch last year. Too lazy to find the exact number I posted a few weeks back but he didn't have an extra base hit in like his last 40 at bats of the season.

Can't teach speed though and when he's fully healthy he can do a lot of damage on the bases. 

5 minutes ago, 40acredropout said:

I likey.  Another lefty bat with 4 years of experience in a good program in a position of need. 

Over last two seasons (83 games, 54 starts):

-  312/405/486 slash line

- Walks decent amount (13.03%)

- Strike outs not crazy (20.69%).  

Kennedy and Brown to me complete the position player side.  And if they got watts brown then the pitching staff looks pretty solid, especially if they think Witt will be back fully by the playoffs.  Probably doesn’t look as strong as this past year but still a deep roster with CWS potential.

He was abysmal down the stretch last year. Too lazy to find the exact number I posted a few weeks back but he didn't have an extra base hit in like his last 40 at bats of the season.
Can't teach speed though and when he's fully healthy he can do a lot of damage on the bases. 

If it’s any consolation, saw last night DJ Lemahieu hasn’t hit a ball more than 200 feet in his last 100 balls contacted.

Point being, that’s a relatively useless fact that has no bearing on your comment.