2023 Texas Baseball

Fletch

Out of curiosity I looked up some Tommy John recovery throwing programs to see what those looks like. Looks like it is about a 3 month buildup before you start throwing off a half-mound and then another month before you start throwing off a full mound. Then it’s just building up arm strength and introducing breaking pitches which looks like it varies a little (7-9 weeks).

Edited by Hookem2147

On 9/14/2022 at 2:46 PM, Hookem2147 said:

So the non conference/midweek slate will include games against Vandy, Arkansas, Missouri, A&M and LSU. Entirely possible we are also headed to Bama for a series since they came here last year.

Going to be really interesting. 

No it won't. We will sweep all those bastards.

Bama still won't be impressed though.

2 hours ago, Hookem2147 said:

This is wild. Johnson got a significant raise and is still making almost $500K less than Pierce. OU was on the doorstep of winning it all and Johnson will be among the lowest paid coaches in the SEC once the moves happens.

And the softball coach got a raise to like 1.6MM

Updated roster depth chart for opening day?

C Guillemette Jr.

1B Thomas

2B Daly

SS Flores

3B O'Dowd

RF Kennedy

CF Campbell

LF Brown

DH Whitehead

Bench: Carlson, Galvan, Powell, Belyeu

Extra position players: C Constantine, C Hoffart, IF Duplantier, OF Fields, IF O'Hara, C Schuessler, C Fahrlander

Weekend SP: Hurley, Gordon, Shaw (+Witt, when healthy)

Weekday SP: Harrison, Stuart, Walbridge

RP: Tole, Grossman, Sthele, Morehouse, Johnson, Duplantier

Extra Pitchers: Lummus, O'Banan, Burke, Minchey, Grubbs, Howard, Porchas, George, Valentine

3 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

C Guillemette Jr.

1B Thomas

2B Daly

SS Flores

3B O'Dowd

RF Kennedy

CF Campbell

LF Brown

DH Whitehead

Extra position players: C Constantine, C Hoffart, IF Duplantier, OF Fields, IF O'Hara, C Schuessler, C Fahrlander

Extra Pitchers: Lummus, O'Banan, Burke, Minchey, Grubbs, Howard, Porchas, George, Valentine

Don't think they brought in Carlson to be a bench bat considering he hit .340 or whatever last year. He likely slots in at 3B with O'Dowd as a utility player.

Things could change over the next 4-5 months but Chris Stuart definitely seems headed for the weekend rotation. Shaw should start in the bullpen. He was meh last year and had a meh summer. 

Brown wasn't considered a very good defender at TCU so if you are going to have him and Whitehead in the lineup then you might as well just swap their positions and let Brown DH.

• Hook 'Em 3

Guess they had a media availability this week. Lots of notes from OB about the new guys and returners 

Spoiler

Changes. Fall Ball is upon us and the Texas Longhorn baseball team is back at it in the late summer heat. Coach David Pierce quipped that he should have brought everyone a roster sheet and for many, that is absolutely true. When Texas takes the field in October for their scrimmages against San Jacinto Junior College and the Houston Cougars, most Longhorn fans will need to get used to seeing quite a few new faces. 

Before we get into the new faces though, let's focus on what Texas returns. Starting with the hitters, the Horns return a mere 28% of the ABs that took place during the 2022 season. The returning Horns also only account for 24% of the runs scored, 23% of the hits, 18% of the HRs and 21% of the RBIs. Needless to say, Coach Pierce and the Horns will need to replace a significant amount of offensive production. During our time with him today he stated that there might be four guys that all total up to the record 32 home runs that Ivan Melendez posted during the 2022 season. 

The good news is that Texas does have a strong cadre of guys to lean on. Mitchell Daly, who has assumed the role of infield leader, is a guy that the Horns will certainly look to from a defensive standpoint, while also hoping that he can regain his freshman season form. In addition, the dynamic duo of Eric Kennedy and Dylan Campbell in the outfield provides the Longhorn faithful and coaches a pair of speedsters who can cover a lot of ground and both know how to produce offensively. Dylan Campbell came on strong in the latter part of the 2022 season and will look to build from that as he has certainly proven that he can produce in clutch situations (see East Carolina Super Regional game winner). In addition, DC as he is known to the guys in the Texas dugout is one of the team leaders who will provide that rah-rah speech when needed. Kennedy (EK) on the other hand is a quiet guy who prefers to lead by example. After an injury plagued 2022 season which derailed his opportunity to make the jump to the next level, EK is back at Texas and ready to show scouts what he can do and like Mitch Daly, provide the example of what it means to play at Texas. 

Coach Piece did single out that returning players Kimble Schuessler and Peyton Powell have impressed during the early days of Fall workouts and have completely different looks to them. Coach Pierce stated that both guys “look like veterans compared to a year ago and they are very skilled. You can see their comfort of knowing what to do as well.” 

Looking at the pitching staff, the numbers do not paint as bad of a picture in returning production as the offensive side of the ball, but there are still going to be quite a few new faces that fans will need to learn early on. From a numbers standpoint, here is what Texas has coming back. 37% of wins, 45% of appearances, 49% of starts and 43% of innings pitched. At first blush, that does not look bad at all, but when you consider the fact that Texas had a team ERA of 4.28, those returning numbers only tell part of the story. Gone is Pete Hansen, Tristen Stevens, Jared Southard, Marcus Olivarez and Aaron Nixon amongst others. 

The Longhorns ace going into the Fall and 2023 season is Lucas Gordon, hands down. The California lefty is brimming with confidence after a stellar Sophomore campaign and is looking to build upon that confidence this season to lead the Longhorns. Gordon, when asked how going into this year differs from last year stated, “It’s actually a lot different, mainly just just on a confidence aspect. I think last year helped a lot. Obviously my Freshman year was tough. So I think having the year that I thought I needed coming into this year, my mind fits a lot better and I’m excited.” 

Outside of Gordon, the Horns will look to Zane Morehouse, Luke Harrison, Travis Sthele, Andre Duplantier and Lebarron Johnson Jr (LBJ) to provide experience and slot in where needed. The biggest takeaway that Coach Pierce had to say about that group is that they are healthy. Coach Pierce noted that Sthele, Duplantier and Walbridge “look different and you can tell their healthy which is going to be key for those three guys. Their arms work and they’re not worried about their deliveries, so they are focusing on the right things”

Now…about those new faces roaming the Disch. Carli Todd (Director of Player Development) and I joked that maybe everyone should be wearing name tags. Carli also quipped that the idea was bantered about putting the names on jerseys, to which I advised I did not want to see an insurrection at the Disch come this Spring. 

But in all seriousness, the new guys, whether Freshman or Transfers, are going to play a huge role in the 2023 season. Offensively, TCU transfer Porter Brown is looking to make a case to be in the starting lineup in the OF and brings a mix of speed, athleticism and a solid stick to the group. Freshman Max Belyeu got practice going today when he cranked the first HR of Fall Ball and enters the program with a reputation as one of the best prep hitters in the State of Texas. Fellow Freshman Jalin Flores looked extremely comfortable defensively and is a guy that will stick out right away due to his talent. If you were buying futures in a player that could absolutely blow up, Flores is certainly a name to know. Another Freshman that has looked really good during practice has been Cade O’Hara. Cade originally signed with Texas Tech but was released from his scholarship and has adapted very quickly defensively at Texas. Finally, two other freshmen that will certainly get looks are Jared Thomas and Rylan Galvan. Thomas is one of, if not the best left handed prep hitter from Texas and Galvan comes in with a reputation of swinging a big bat. While Galvan has been sick and is not ready yet, I would not put it past him to adjust to collegiate hitting quickly and force himself into playing time, even as DH this season. The other transfer which caught Mitch Daly’s eye has been Tanner Carlson. The former Long Beach State player has shown the ability to hit and has looked good defensively as well. Lastly, USC transfer Garret Guillemette has logged a lot of innings behind the plate and looks to continue to build off a strong summer in the Cape Cod League to win the battle for starting catcher. 

I have not gotten to see much of the pitchers in action yet this Fall, but a few guys to keep eyes on are San Jacinto transfer Chris Stuart and USC transfer Charlie Hurley. The tall and lanky Hurley is a guy that Pierce mentioned as having looked good and positioning himself to win a role in the starting rotation. Stuart, the Dutch native, comes in after an outstanding year for San Jac and a short stint in the Cape Cod League, looking to win a starting role for the Horns. One benefit for Stuart is the familiarity with Coach Woody.

Here are some other notes from my time at the Disch.

David Pierce on changes in the program this offseason:

“It’s definitely a reset. We can literally line up and play freshman with a couple of transfers against returnees. Trying to get those guys on the same page and creating some chemistry by creating competition and allowing those guys to see what we do.”

David Pierce on why change was necessary:

“Change at times is good and timing is about change. I thought we needed to change our pitching philosophy and what we’ve done and then really get into more of where I’m comfortable and how I want to do our day to day, from our conditioning, to arm care, movements and mechanical stuff. So for me, it was kind of important to reset that.”

David Pierce on Coach Woody and Coach Gordon:

“Bring in Wood and Gordon as a combination of a couple of guys that have expertise in different areas, really coming together. You talk old school, new school, its more Woody in application of a guy thats done it at the highest level for a long time with a great demeanor of teaching and then Chris Godron, who was the ACC pitching coach the last two years at Duke, having the ability to come in here and really look at the analytic side, the computer piece and then combining those two together.

David Pierce on Coach Longley:

“Caleb was very instrumental behind the scenes with Tulo and Coach Miller, so that was a pretty easy transition for our offensive philosophy in keeping that intact. When you look at Caleb’s role and Rob’s role, trying to fill Tulo’s role, that is always difficult because you have a guy that was tremendous for our program the last two years. Caleb and Tulo worked very closely together last year and we have continued that. Tulo continues to be around the program, in fact, he is here today. I am never going to step out of any phase of the game, so I’m going to always put my stamp in the direction when I feel like its best for our program and then try to coach through coaches. Caleb was at Arizona State and was very instrumental in their success. To get him in the role that we got him a year ago was part of the plan to eventually get him on the field.”

David Pierce on Coach Miller:

“There’s so much expansion happening with the SEC, with NIL, the portal and so many things that are happening merited needing an additional role, so we were granted that role. It made sense to talk to Philip about that position, which allows him to learn some of the administrative pieces and some things that ive done in the past. He is still in a teaching role and really, he’s done a great job of just teaching coaches.

David Pierce on what he would like to accomplish during Fall break:

“Number one thing is to start deprogramming some guys, trying to get some of the stuff out of their head, to clear their heads, to have them open minded. Want to get one voice in their heads so they can understand terminology, our philosophies and trying to build routines. We want to get to a point where they can work and do things on their own without us being there watching every move they make. We also want them to be able to do things that we are working on as opposed to maybe something that’s creeped back into their head from a former coach or former team.”

David Pierce on recruiting:

“The recruiting is outstanding right now. It’s much more collaborative right now. We meet at least once a week on recruiting right now 2026, 2025, 2024 and even still 2023. It is more of a war room and it;s much more collaborative where I think we’re just all together on it versus you’re recruiting coordinator. It has allowed us to expand where we can have phone conversations from the volunteer role as well as the recruiting coordinator. Woody has had to learn that piece, but I’d much rather teach someone that piece [recruiting] than teach someone how to teach pitching. The eagerness and ability to go out there and do it and want to do it is big as well. I see so many great players that are coming in and want to come in. Number one class on paper for 2025, 2026 is coming together and the 2024s are really good. That’s on paper though. Have to get them in and that;s the other critical piece.

David Pierce on position expectations:

Tanner Carlson - 3B and 2B

Jalin Flores - SS and 3B - "Big get for us out of the draft"

Cade O'Hara - can play 2B, SS and 3B

Jayden Duplantier - has skills and can really run

Outfield (Kennedy, Campbell, Whitehead, Brown and Fields) - all interchangeable

A lot of catchers - Powell, Schuessler, Guillemette and Galvan

David Pierce on Tanner Witt:

He is playing catch and that first day, he just had a big smile on his face, but he’s on schedule, if not slightly ahead of schedule. He is becoming that role that he’s been in the past even when he was injured. He’s such a great leader and he has a very good feel of communicating with his teammates and he’s doing a great job of that and being in the mix and doing everything he can do outside of pitching.

David Pierce on injuries:

Cody Howard, Baylor transfer - in progression

Rylan Galvan has been sick - been out past three weeks. He’s not ready

There are a couple other rehabs but nothing major

Couple of progressive guys that won’t throw as much this Fall

Scheduling Notes:

Texas will travel to face Cal State Fullerton which is the big out of conference series for 2023

Texas will open up play in February at Globe Life Field (Arlington) and will face off against Vanderbilty, Missouri and Arkansas

Texas' schedule, while not released yet, is going to be much more home friendly than the 2022 version that saw Texas play nearly a month and half away from home.

Feb 28th, Texas will host #1 LSU at Disch-Falk Field

Other odds and ends:

Jalin Flores looks the part and has impressed the staff early on. Has the chance to be big time

Lucas Gordon has been working on a slider. Thinks it really complements his arsenal. He will still use his curveball, which he said has gotten better, but will go to the slider more often

Eric Kennedy pointed out TCU transfer Porter Brown as someone who has looked good

Mitchell Daly said that he has every intention of competing for the starting spot at SS

• Hook 'Em 3

28 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Guess they had a media availability this week. Lots of notes from OB about the new guys and returners 

Reveal hidden contents

Changes. Fall Ball is upon us and the Texas Longhorn baseball team is back at it in the late summer heat. Coach David Pierce quipped that he should have brought everyone a roster sheet and for many, that is absolutely true. When Texas takes the field in October for their scrimmages against San Jacinto Junior College and the Houston Cougars, most Longhorn fans will need to get used to seeing quite a few new faces. 

Before we get into the new faces though, let's focus on what Texas returns. Starting with the hitters, the Horns return a mere 28% of the ABs that took place during the 2022 season. The returning Horns also only account for 24% of the runs scored, 23% of the hits, 18% of the HRs and 21% of the RBIs. Needless to say, Coach Pierce and the Horns will need to replace a significant amount of offensive production. During our time with him today he stated that there might be four guys that all total up to the record 32 home runs that Ivan Melendez posted during the 2022 season. 

The good news is that Texas does have a strong cadre of guys to lean on. Mitchell Daly, who has assumed the role of infield leader, is a guy that the Horns will certainly look to from a defensive standpoint, while also hoping that he can regain his freshman season form. In addition, the dynamic duo of Eric Kennedy and Dylan Campbell in the outfield provides the Longhorn faithful and coaches a pair of speedsters who can cover a lot of ground and both know how to produce offensively. Dylan Campbell came on strong in the latter part of the 2022 season and will look to build from that as he has certainly proven that he can produce in clutch situations (see East Carolina Super Regional game winner). In addition, DC as he is known to the guys in the Texas dugout is one of the team leaders who will provide that rah-rah speech when needed. Kennedy (EK) on the other hand is a quiet guy who prefers to lead by example. After an injury plagued 2022 season which derailed his opportunity to make the jump to the next level, EK is back at Texas and ready to show scouts what he can do and like Mitch Daly, provide the example of what it means to play at Texas. 

Coach Piece did single out that returning players Kimble Schuessler and Peyton Powell have impressed during the early days of Fall workouts and have completely different looks to them. Coach Pierce stated that both guys “look like veterans compared to a year ago and they are very skilled. You can see their comfort of knowing what to do as well.” 

Looking at the pitching staff, the numbers do not paint as bad of a picture in returning production as the offensive side of the ball, but there are still going to be quite a few new faces that fans will need to learn early on. From a numbers standpoint, here is what Texas has coming back. 37% of wins, 45% of appearances, 49% of starts and 43% of innings pitched. At first blush, that does not look bad at all, but when you consider the fact that Texas had a team ERA of 4.28, those returning numbers only tell part of the story. Gone is Pete Hansen, Tristen Stevens, Jared Southard, Marcus Olivarez and Aaron Nixon amongst others. 

The Longhorns ace going into the Fall and 2023 season is Lucas Gordon, hands down. The California lefty is brimming with confidence after a stellar Sophomore campaign and is looking to build upon that confidence this season to lead the Longhorns. Gordon, when asked how going into this year differs from last year stated, “It’s actually a lot different, mainly just just on a confidence aspect. I think last year helped a lot. Obviously my Freshman year was tough. So I think having the year that I thought I needed coming into this year, my mind fits a lot better and I’m excited.” 

Outside of Gordon, the Horns will look to Zane Morehouse, Luke Harrison, Travis Sthele, Andre Duplantier and Lebarron Johnson Jr (LBJ) to provide experience and slot in where needed. The biggest takeaway that Coach Pierce had to say about that group is that they are healthy. Coach Pierce noted that Sthele, Duplantier and Walbridge “look different and you can tell their healthy which is going to be key for those three guys. Their arms work and they’re not worried about their deliveries, so they are focusing on the right things”

Now…about those new faces roaming the Disch. Carli Todd (Director of Player Development) and I joked that maybe everyone should be wearing name tags. Carli also quipped that the idea was bantered about putting the names on jerseys, to which I advised I did not want to see an insurrection at the Disch come this Spring. 

But in all seriousness, the new guys, whether Freshman or Transfers, are going to play a huge role in the 2023 season. Offensively, TCU transfer Porter Brown is looking to make a case to be in the starting lineup in the OF and brings a mix of speed, athleticism and a solid stick to the group. Freshman Max Belyeu got practice going today when he cranked the first HR of Fall Ball and enters the program with a reputation as one of the best prep hitters in the State of Texas. Fellow Freshman Jalin Flores looked extremely comfortable defensively and is a guy that will stick out right away due to his talent. If you were buying futures in a player that could absolutely blow up, Flores is certainly a name to know. Another Freshman that has looked really good during practice has been Cade O’Hara. Cade originally signed with Texas Tech but was released from his scholarship and has adapted very quickly defensively at Texas. Finally, two other freshmen that will certainly get looks are Jared Thomas and Rylan Galvan. Thomas is one of, if not the best left handed prep hitter from Texas and Galvan comes in with a reputation of swinging a big bat. While Galvan has been sick and is not ready yet, I would not put it past him to adjust to collegiate hitting quickly and force himself into playing time, even as DH this season. The other transfer which caught Mitch Daly’s eye has been Tanner Carlson. The former Long Beach State player has shown the ability to hit and has looked good defensively as well. Lastly, USC transfer Garret Guillemette has logged a lot of innings behind the plate and looks to continue to build off a strong summer in the Cape Cod League to win the battle for starting catcher. 

I have not gotten to see much of the pitchers in action yet this Fall, but a few guys to keep eyes on are San Jacinto transfer Chris Stuart and USC transfer Charlie Hurley. The tall and lanky Hurley is a guy that Pierce mentioned as having looked good and positioning himself to win a role in the starting rotation. Stuart, the Dutch native, comes in after an outstanding year for San Jac and a short stint in the Cape Cod League, looking to win a starting role for the Horns. One benefit for Stuart is the familiarity with Coach Woody.

Here are some other notes from my time at the Disch.

David Pierce on changes in the program this offseason:

“It’s definitely a reset. We can literally line up and play freshman with a couple of transfers against returnees. Trying to get those guys on the same page and creating some chemistry by creating competition and allowing those guys to see what we do.”

David Pierce on why change was necessary:

“Change at times is good and timing is about change. I thought we needed to change our pitching philosophy and what we’ve done and then really get into more of where I’m comfortable and how I want to do our day to day, from our conditioning, to arm care, movements and mechanical stuff. So for me, it was kind of important to reset that.”

David Pierce on Coach Woody and Coach Gordon:

“Bring in Wood and Gordon as a combination of a couple of guys that have expertise in different areas, really coming together. You talk old school, new school, its more Woody in application of a guy thats done it at the highest level for a long time with a great demeanor of teaching and then Chris Godron, who was the ACC pitching coach the last two years at Duke, having the ability to come in here and really look at the analytic side, the computer piece and then combining those two together.

David Pierce on Coach Longley:

“Caleb was very instrumental behind the scenes with Tulo and Coach Miller, so that was a pretty easy transition for our offensive philosophy in keeping that intact. When you look at Caleb’s role and Rob’s role, trying to fill Tulo’s role, that is always difficult because you have a guy that was tremendous for our program the last two years. Caleb and Tulo worked very closely together last year and we have continued that. Tulo continues to be around the program, in fact, he is here today. I am never going to step out of any phase of the game, so I’m going to always put my stamp in the direction when I feel like its best for our program and then try to coach through coaches. Caleb was at Arizona State and was very instrumental in their success. To get him in the role that we got him a year ago was part of the plan to eventually get him on the field.”

David Pierce on Coach Miller:

“There’s so much expansion happening with the SEC, with NIL, the portal and so many things that are happening merited needing an additional role, so we were granted that role. It made sense to talk to Philip about that position, which allows him to learn some of the administrative pieces and some things that ive done in the past. He is still in a teaching role and really, he’s done a great job of just teaching coaches.

David Pierce on what he would like to accomplish during Fall break:

“Number one thing is to start deprogramming some guys, trying to get some of the stuff out of their head, to clear their heads, to have them open minded. Want to get one voice in their heads so they can understand terminology, our philosophies and trying to build routines. We want to get to a point where they can work and do things on their own without us being there watching every move they make. We also want them to be able to do things that we are working on as opposed to maybe something that’s creeped back into their head from a former coach or former team.”

David Pierce on recruiting:

“The recruiting is outstanding right now. It’s much more collaborative right now. We meet at least once a week on recruiting right now 2026, 2025, 2024 and even still 2023. It is more of a war room and it;s much more collaborative where I think we’re just all together on it versus you’re recruiting coordinator. It has allowed us to expand where we can have phone conversations from the volunteer role as well as the recruiting coordinator. Woody has had to learn that piece, but I’d much rather teach someone that piece [recruiting] than teach someone how to teach pitching. The eagerness and ability to go out there and do it and want to do it is big as well. I see so many great players that are coming in and want to come in. Number one class on paper for 2025, 2026 is coming together and the 2024s are really good. That’s on paper though. Have to get them in and that;s the other critical piece.

David Pierce on position expectations:

Tanner Carlson - 3B and 2B

Jalin Flores - SS and 3B - "Big get for us out of the draft"

Cade O'Hara - can play 2B, SS and 3B

Jayden Duplantier - has skills and can really run

Outfield (Kennedy, Campbell, Whitehead, Brown and Fields) - all interchangeable

A lot of catchers - Powell, Schuessler, Guillemette and Galvan

David Pierce on Tanner Witt:

He is playing catch and that first day, he just had a big smile on his face, but he’s on schedule, if not slightly ahead of schedule. He is becoming that role that he’s been in the past even when he was injured. He’s such a great leader and he has a very good feel of communicating with his teammates and he’s doing a great job of that and being in the mix and doing everything he can do outside of pitching.

David Pierce on injuries:

Cody Howard, Baylor transfer - in progression

Rylan Galvan has been sick - been out past three weeks. He’s not ready

There are a couple other rehabs but nothing major

Couple of progressive guys that won’t throw as much this Fall

Scheduling Notes:

Texas will travel to face Cal State Fullerton which is the big out of conference series for 2023

Texas will open up play in February at Globe Life Field (Arlington) and will face off against Vanderbilty, Missouri and Arkansas

Texas' schedule, while not released yet, is going to be much more home friendly than the 2022 version that saw Texas play nearly a month and half away from home.

Feb 28th, Texas will host #1 LSU at Disch-Falk Field

Other odds and ends:

Jalin Flores looks the part and has impressed the staff early on. Has the chance to be big time

Lucas Gordon has been working on a slider. Thinks it really complements his arsenal. He will still use his curveball, which he said has gotten better, but will go to the slider more often

Eric Kennedy pointed out TCU transfer Porter Brown as someone who has looked good

Mitchell Daly said that he has every intention of competing for the starting spot at SS

Good stuff. If Flores works out then our middle infield should bet solid. It was interesting that Pierce made a comment on how wants everyone to be on the same page philosophically. Also, glad Tulo is hanging around. 

16 hours ago, Snake Diggity said:

I think corner infield and how quickly Witt comes back will determine how the season goes.

And if Guillemette can continue the solid career he had at USC.

I will miss Silas.   Such a consistent, silent leader.  Very focused.

• Hook 'Em 2

On 9/17/2022 at 7:17 PM, Valmy77 said:

Football season is always weird after I have been watching baseball for seven months. I am so used to there being a game most days that one game every weekend feels like an eternity between games.

I call it God’s mercy.

I’m sitting on the back of our boat on our dock at Lake Travis on a September Sunday, drinking a Texas craft brew, watching the boats go by while listening to who’s who of Texas country music thinking how grateful I am for Texas baseball. It’s all of these things and just a few more than make me love being a Texan. But when it comes to Texas sports it’s baseball and really nothing else. Hook ‘em. 

Edited by troph

On 9/19/2022 at 11:50 AM, Snake Diggity said:

C Guillemette Jr.

1B Thomas

2B Daly

SS Flores

3B O'Dowd

RF Kennedy

CF Campbell

LF Brown

DH Whitehead

This is minor but flip brown and Kennedy. Kennedy is an animal in left. Not sure I see DC in center but fuck, he’s a great athlete so I could see him being solid in center. Think I’d like to see Kennedy in left, Campbell in right with Brown and Whitehead battling it out for center