2023 Texas Baseball

Fletch

3 hours ago, NorthLoop said:

That's how we sneak up on em in April

Well, that's the thing. Compare Tennessee and Ole Miss last year.  Do you want to be #1 all year and then fall on your face (like almost all overall #1 seeds do), or get hot in May and June?  We'll be able to build up some young guys over the course of the year, but I'm sure there will be some growing pains.

4 hours ago, hobbes2702 said:

Same with Zane. That dude could get some outs but just couldn’t keep runners off base and then loved to give up the longball.

Pumped to see what Woody and Pierce throw together on the mound this year. Same with Rodriguez and developing our hitters. Gonna be a fun season. And of course, we'll be firing on all cylinders when it matters most. Let's fuckin do this

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

Pumped to see what Woody and Pierce throw together on the mound this year. Same with Rodriguez and developing our hitters. Gonna be a fun season. And of course, we'll be firing on all cylinders when it matters most. Let's fuckin do this

Yeah, I'm thinking there will be a lot of growing pains early on. However, if they really do get Witt back in April, maybe they make a run when it counts.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MuellerHorn said:

Yeah, I'm thinking there will be a lot of growing pains early on. However, if they really do get Witt back in April, maybe they make a run when it counts.

If Witt can do what he did his freshman year, give us 1-3 innings essentially shortening the game, fuck yeah, we're in business. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, MuellerHorn said:

He really could go sophomore season Landon Sims for us in relief. That would be HUGE.

If he really wants to flex his balls, give us some Austin Wood shit in the postseason. I want 12.1 innings of no hit ball as we grind it out with 2 seed Arizona State or whatever in the Austin Regional 

10 hours ago, Fletch said:

Totally agreed. On paper it’s… not great, and the stench of Omaha is still strong is my nose. That said, we finally have a pitching coach, get to see some amazing freshman bats develop, and have the chance to see Witt come back and boost the team’s trajectory

13 hours ago, ztejas said:

Anyone that buys an Omahorns hat should be kicked in the nuts. 

12 hours ago, Cajun said:

And then set on fire.

11 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

And then forced to move to Arkansas

11 hours ago, Fletch said:

Then we should piss and shit on their grave 

Then kill and rape them while using their blood as lubrication.........             i mean, yeah kick them in the nuts!!

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, BachelorTrek said:

I don't believe your friend.

I hope you are correct and he is wrong.   Quote:

Everything is the same as last year with Flosports. UGH... Replays should be available by fireovid upon request. There's a minuscule chance we might get a "link w" stream, but I'm not hopeful. There's a better chance for some rando youtube stream, but not by much. Radio is going to be our friend with most of Flo tourneys I'm afraid. But we'll see!

2 hours ago, UnhappilyMarried said:

Kash starting at 1B for Tech today. Transferring because you don’t get playing time over the best player in the country was quite a decision 

I think there was something else going on there besides just not playing as a freshman. He didn’t even travel with the team in the postseason I believe even though he was the backup 1B.

He also wasn’t very good at all in the limited action he got. 

Edited by Hookem2147