2023 Texas Baseball

Fletch

3 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Kudos to these putchers for overcoming coaching deficiencies?

Um did you see the jump elder made from 2018 to 2019? He went from like a Conner Mayes inconsistent type to Chance Ruffin. That 2020 team with Elder-Madden-Hansen-Stevens and our lineup would’ve done some serious damage. Fucking Covid 

9 minutes ago, Fletch said:

Snag Skenes and we got Skenes-Gordon. And I think one of Harrison, Duplantier, Morehouse, Sthele or Stewart steps up. Would be great to have a full 4 man rotation. Would love for Stewart to lock down the Tuesday role and let those other dudes battle it out for Sunday starter. I think we’re gonna have a salty ass staff next year. 

Again is Cobb eligible for another year? Would love to have him back and let him be the Quintanilla type set up dude for (hopefully) a rejuvenated Nixon or Lebarron. Lebarron has closer type stuff.  Man after that brutal 2012-2016 stretch, it feels fucking awesome being back to reloading instead of rebuilding. Now plz snag a badass pitching coach and let David Freese be our 3rd base coach 

I really hope we have 3 guys more dominant than Gordon. I like the guy, but he is bull pen at best.

30 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Left out one other juco pitcher we had committed earlier. DJ Burke (also from San Jac). RHP who had a 2.45 ERA in 22 innings. 8 walks and 24 strikeouts. Supposedly is a guy who can get up to 94.

Hello Sunday starter 

32 minutes ago, Balcones said:

I really hope we have 3 guys more dominant than Gordon. I like the guy, but he is bull pen at best.

He’s a good Sunday dude. Above average Saturday guy. He’d be an ace on like 90% of the teams in the country. We got arms for days and help coming. We’re good dudes 

34 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Kendall Rogers hinted that USC is announcing their new hire soon. Tulo and the UCSB coach the  main two guys mentioned the last few weeks.

Is USC the only school wanting to hire Tulo? 

7 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

Not sure. He is up there though on their list. USC is easily the best job open right now outside of Florida State I would think. It’s been a long time since they’ve been really good but they have some tradition and resources that should make them pretty attractive.

9 minutes ago, DoneWithit said:

I’m not sure of many job openings right now. Did FSU hire anyone yet? O’Sullivan saved his job. Lsu and aggy got their guys last year. Same with Arizona. 

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Not sure. He is up there though on their list. USC is easily the best job open right now outside of Florida State I would think. It’s been a long time since they’ve been really good but they have some tradition and resources that should make them pretty attractive.

God dammit I wish we fired up a national rivalry with usc after the rose bowl. Play them every year in everything. Flagship of Texas taking on the flagship of California. It would be perfect. So of course it’s not happening. And we’re instead getting fucking aggy, arky and fucking lsu. The most annoying fanbases out there

• Hook 'Em 1

Come on Kendall. That statement just reeks of someone who didn’t watch the games and constantly see us put guys in with pressure for no reason, ignore basic matchup ideas, and generally have no plan on how to use our bullpen. Sean Allen isn’t a terrible coach but he’s not good enough for this job. This makes us better.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Come on Kendall. That statement just reeks of someone who didn’t watch the games and constantly see us put guys in with pressure for no reason, ignore basic matchup ideas, and generally have no plan on how to use our bullpen. Sean Allen isn’t a terrible coach but he’s not good enough for this job. This makes us better.

this state is deeeeeeep in arms, have to have that eye to identify guys that will grow and step up at the next level 

• Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, UTPhil2006 said:

Sean Allen let go.

What? Well I'll be goddamned. I am totally wrong. I thought Allen and Miller would be with Pierce forever.

That is an interesting take by Kendall considering he has hammered our pitching staff all year.

1 minute ago, Valmy77 said:

What? Well I'll be goddamned. I am totally wrong. I thought Allen and Miller would be with Pierce forever.

That is an interesting take by Kendall considering he has hammered our pitching staff all year.

He knows Allen isn't trash and it's more of a hawt Twitter take about a guy that was just canned after going to the MCWS than his honest opinion.

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

Street did not like the grind of being on staff in 2020 as a volunteer. It’s why he didn’t come back.

2 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

uh not sure.gif

Yeah. We have no beat writer that covers Texas Baseball apparently so I am just throwing stuff out there.

Someone really good.

Maybe.

I was joking. I’m somewhat indifferent in that I don’t know who is responsible for some of my frustrations. The numbers say the pitching was not as bad as most act. If you want to say it was not Texas good, I won’t disagree with that.

The recruiting may be the issue. Outside of Witt, I’m not sure who you’d project as an MLB talent. Maybe the lefties cause we’ll they’re lefties. Johnson maybe.

25 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

I'm not sure Allen was titled "Pitching Coach" all of his tenure here, but his staffs were a bit up and down, inconsistent.

I have this niggling feeling that Del Conte is pretty good at gently nudging head coaches about staff changes.

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, Balcones said:

Tulo is new full time assistant and Huston Street is new pitching coach volunteer. Let’s do this!

Huston is coaching his kids select teams. I wouldn’t count on him coaching here till his kids are in high school. Speaking of which, his kids are gonna be studs. Seen them play a couple times and holy shit. So basically what I’m saying is the Streets, McCoy’s and Shipleys need to fuck their wives constantly. Keep pumping out freak legacies 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I'm not sure Allen was titled "Pitching Coach" all of his tenure here, but his staffs were a bit up and down, inconsistent.

I have this niggling feeling that Del Conte is pretty good at gently nudging head coaches about staff changes.

Yep. Thank Christ. CDC seems to understand we have a shit zillion dollars so why not buy the best assistants?

6 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Not sure that's CDC.  A lot of it may be nudging from guys that played for Gus and Augie and CDC is just the mouth.  It is what it is.

Edited by SizzleChest

7 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

He certainly wasn’t. 

Sean Allen has served on David Pierce’s staffs for the last 10 seasons at Texas, Tulane and Sam Houston State. Allen transitioned to the role of pitching coach in 2020 and continues as the Longhorns' recruiting coordinator, after serving as the Texas hitting coach and recruiting coordinator from 2017-19

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, SizzleChest said:

Not sure that's CDC.  A lot of it may be nudging from guys that played for Gus and Augie and CDC is just the mouth.  It is what it is.

Also this. I know for a fact Huston has voiced his displeasure at things multiple times since 2015

Edited by Fletch

Just now, dcar00 said:

this.  Good for Pierce.  Go get the best.

So what’s the list look like? I want Alaniz cause I think he’s gonna be the heir apparent to Pierce. But I’m guessing UCLA, Oregon state, Florida, Michigan and Vanderbilt have some dudes to take a look at 

1 minute ago, Fletch said:

So what’s the list look like? I want Alaniz cause I think he’s gonna be the heir apparent to Pierce. But I’m guessing UCLA, Oregon state, Florida, Michigan and Vanderbilt have some dudes to take a look at 

A third paid assistant would relieve a lot of pressure if the NCAA would get off their ass and just do it.  

• Hook 'Em 1