Work trip to Austin

Ag with kids

I guess he mentioned it because it’s walking distance. But what does an Uber from the Marriot to L&L cost? Can’t be more than $10, right?

Uber is ridiculously expensive in Austin compared to other cities. I can hire a black car service to the airport for about 10 bucks more than a shitty Prius Uber that will probably cancel the ride when they’re 5 minutes from my house.

On 6/21/2022 at 4:09 PM, Mittens said:

I haven't been to Iron Works in I don't know how long...15+ years?  Is it actually a legit option?  I haven't been because it was terrible the last time I went, and not much better the times previous.  Never have understood how it's still open, other than preying on unsuspecting tourists/conventioneers.

It is not. They're still doing mediocre bbq on their best days and as you mentioned in your experience above it just isn't good (that hasn't changed since your last visit). I get that Cooper's isn't an all-time great and it is popular to shit on it (and I also agree with the salty comment), but it is immensely better than what Iron Works puts out.

More to the point, and the reason I mentioned it, is that it is ~100ft from the conference location. 

Edited by KaiserSoze
  • Hook 'Em 3

5 hours ago, KaiserSoze said:

It is not. They're still doing mediocre bbq on their best days and as you mentioned in your experience above it just isn't good (that hasn't changed since your last visit). I get that Cooper's isn't an all-time great and it is popular to shit on it (and I also agree with the salty comment), but it is immensely better than what Iron Works puts out.

More to the point, and the reason I mentioned it, is that it is ~100ft from the conference location. 

This.  Just get the pork chop at Cooper's and enjoy it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1