Need a Criminal Defense attorney in West Hollywood

30 minutes ago, Longhorn94 said:

Does anyone know a decent criminal defense attorney in West Hollywood for a felony assault case with a failure to appear on the side?

Thank you in advance!

19 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I believe @henrygandorf knows some people who have needed a lawyer in LA.

What's the defendant's ability to make it to a beachside villa in Mexico to avoid extradition?

1 minute ago, Sbbruin said:

This guy is good.  I know him personally, but not because I needed his services.  I can't explain the connection without potential doxxing of myself, so can't make the intro, but he'd be good.

http://www.thecriminaldefender.com/about-us/

I hope his lawyer skills are better than his web design skills.

• Haha 3

Late to the party. Glad to see you found someone. Be interested in the details of the case if you can share.

I had to hire a criminal attorney for misdemeanor assault in Hollywood. Obviously not intense as felony, but the local DA seemed to approach it just as serious. Probably dumb of me to share, but I've done it before here in the past, and maybe it will help someone here in the future.

Driving in Hollywood on a side street, no obstruction, just some studio trailers setting up for a future shoot.  Some dude suddenly jumps out in front of me with a STOP sign. I'm like WTF? Get out of the way.  Again, no obstruction, the lane is still open to travel.  So I pull around him to continue and he SLAMS HIS FIST ON MY HOOD.

This is around 2010, and I'm in the real estate business trying to fend off bank lawsuits and financial ruin, so I'm, let's say, slightly on edge.  I stop the car, get out, and the dumbass chooses to meet me at the hood of the car, where I proceed to shove him about 20 feet away from me, sprawling on the street.  Within seconds a woman coming down the opposite side of the street stops, gets out and screams CALL THE POLICE!!

I snapped out of it (I was going to move forward and beat the shit out of him) and got in the car and hauled ass.

Three months later I get a notice to appear in court for misdemeanor assault. Screaming woman took down my plate.  Hire attorney ($15k flat fee) and head to trial.  It lasted a FUCKING WEEK. Somewhere along the lines we refused to settle and they added Vehicular Assault as second charge to increase pressue. Said fuck you.

The young prosecutor was embarrassingly bad. So bad his boss come down halfway through the trial and offered us a deal: stay out of trouble for a year and we'll drop the charges.  My attorney said hey, your call, if you get tagged for something you can't foresee, this all comes back.  I said fuck it, let's roll.

The screaming lady testified that I pushed him to the ground, then hit him repeatedly. (Even the 'victim' said this was not the case).  

Hung jury.  Pretty wild we get to interview the jury to see their thoughts; there was an ex-newspaper reporter on the jury that apparently HATED criminal defense attorneys that swung 5 of 7 to convict.  The others told her to pound sand, he hit the car and instigated the whole thing, tough shit.

I leave this: When the judge adjourned, he looked at me and said, with all seriousness, In the future please do yourself a favor and think before you act.

I have done so since.

Edited by Mach 1
typos
  • Hook 'Em 4