Ohio State trademarks "the."

Parliament

Just for the record, because this seems to come up fairly often:  a trademark registration doesn't grant exclusive use of the registered word or phrase in isolation.  Rather, it grants exclusivity to the extent the registered word or phrase is used in the sale of the goods recited in the registration and to the extent a likelihood of confusion is produced by the use among consumers of the goods recited in the registration.

“THE Game”

Was and always will be:

HARVARD vs YALE

THE fact that a couple of Rust Belt schools stole the name and started shouting it loudly does not make it theirs. 

The fact that OSU managed to actually win a trademark for “the” is just absolutely regarded, but regarded legal decisions seem to be all the rage in zee USA. 

Burn THE couch!

4B5F3167-06AA-4AD6-BDB6-F2E769EE0871.jpeg

Edited by Napoleon

• 1 month later...

The other Ohio State thread is locked so I guess this will take over as the Ohio State thread. 

For any Ohio State fans, was Kerry Coombs drunk? Aren't most of these corners 1st or 2nd year players with a couple moving positions just so they have numbers at corner? It really feels like Coombs mismanaged the defensive roster. 

4 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The other Ohio State thread is locked so I guess this will take over as the Ohio State thread. 

For any Ohio State fans, was Kerry Coombs drunk? Aren't most of these corners 1st or 2nd year players with a couple moving positions just so they have numbers at corner? It really feels like Coombs mismanaged the defensive roster. 

They had 3 transfer this off-season. No matter how you recruit that will be a kick in the balls. (2 Texas kids)

Edited by Codaxx

21 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

They had 3 transfer this off-season. No matter how you recruit that will be a kick in the balls. (2 Texas kids)

Ohio State is to blame for a lot of that. 

I believe Cavazos was also moved around a lot at corner and safety. I know players cross-train at different positions but players don't want to keep moving positions to fill gaps because of injuries. 

I think Coombs and Ohio State just mismanaged the roster. 

• 1 year later...