Tottenham Hotspur 2022-23: Conte the Magician

Captain Ron

It sounds like Spurs are not going to be pursuing Eriksen anymore this window. It sounds like they are going to let him go to Man U.

Spurs were also in play for Gabriel Jesus, sort of? But they have ended that interest too, so it looks like he's heading to Arsenal.

Yeah, I'm not happy about the Eriksen rumor. Getting him for free would have been a coup. We need depth this season.  Winks is on his way out, and for now, we still have Ndombele. Midfield is getting there with Bissouma coming onboard and Skipp returning. 

We're in play for Raphina and Richarlison, so that's interesting. 

There's a rumor out there that Son is on Real Madrid's radar since they lost out on Mbappe.  I can't see that happening, but who knows?

Levy is involved in the Spence negotiations now.  That's the kiss of death.  He'll haggle over the last $1M and Spurs will miss out on him.

One thing that is being brought up is the home grown numbers.

A good read here: https://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/transfer-news/richarlison-tottenham-homegrown-foreign-limit-24366373?int_source=nba

A attempt at TL;DR:

EPL Home grown rules - 25 man rosters, 8 must be "homegrown", 17 can be foreign. Homegrown means they came up through an English club, UK is considered domestic. Players can be "hidden" on the U21 team too (same 25 man breakdown - 17/8).

UCL - a little trickier, England is only domestic there, so a Welsh players aren't homegrown. The U21 squad hiding isn't as easy either.

So the team is doing some juggling right now, I recommend reading the whole thing.

I just watched that Kulu interview.  Pretty hilarious

Also Richarlison will be suspended for the first match of the season due to a flare throwing incident

Twitters saying Bergwijn to Ajax almost done.  Good luck to him.  Simply no room for him

Edited by midtown

Spence is done

its been since what? the bale money got 6 plus in one go?

Probably.   But when you look at the stadium being done and full.   UCL football.   A world class winning manager that the bulk of players seem to really want to play for and ENIC most likely prepping the team for a sale soon, worlds have finally aligned.

Edited by midtown

IMHO the jersey's look dumb stand alone. But with people actually wearing them, it really downplays the things people look at as dumb.

When this leaked, I was not a fan. But in this photo, it looks like a wet suit

2_JS268086266.jpg

But that's just a digital mock up. Put them on the team, the look a lot better.

p4r55rg8_harry-kane-afp_625x300_16_July_

Just my two cents on this. I don't think I would want them full-time, but they aren't bad. And they aren't pink.

Not that it matters all that much, but this ref kind of sucks. Just missed a clear penalty in the box against Kane and in fact called him for a foul (phantom elbow to the face).

I mean the guy is from Israel, this game is clearly too big for him. It certainly makes you miss EPL refs.