Tottenham Hotspur 2022-23: Conte the Magician

Captain Ron

1 hour ago, midtown said:

Conteout

These loses are just terrible.  I can handle losing to good teams but all these last 3 are garbage.  A championship side and the last team in the PL is unexcusable. 

Hard to see how he stays after his PC. Hopefully he's sacked in the morning.

https://www.espn.com/soccer/tottenham-hotspur-engtottenham/story/4903935/antonio-conte-blasts-selfish-tottenham-players-club-ownership-after-draw-at-southampton

At this point he wants to get fired. He’s checked out. He had an easy out calling out the refs and instead went inward.

Like I said, given the time off earlier this month, I don’t get why they didn’t mutually decide to part ways on amicably terms. This whole thing is galacticly stupid. 

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

At this point he wants to get fired. He’s checked out. He had an easy out calling out the refs and instead went inward.

Like I said, given the time off earlier this month, I don’t get why they didn’t mutually decide to part ways on amicably terms. This whole thing is galacticly stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

hiring him in the first place was galactically stupid. 

48 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Sure, but Conte hasn't accepted any responsibility for his role. He shares plenty of the blame.

of course he does. it’s laughable to hear him blame ownership by saying the manager doesn’t matter. general ownership issues aside, they’ve given him everything he’s asked for. this is on him.

• Hook 'Em 1

I doubt he returns from his Italy vacation this week. I don't know the Eintracht Frankfurt boss, but apparently Levy has already reached out to him.

Just go get Poch. He plays an enjoyable style, he actually wants to be here, and the players that matter like him.

I have a feeling we'll see Mason the rest of the way. 

• Hook 'Em 1

On 3/18/2023 at 9:37 PM, mr. littlejeans said:

of course he does. it’s laughable to hear him blame ownership by saying the manager doesn’t matter. general ownership issues aside, they’ve given him everything he’s asked for. this is on him.

Meh, the failure is a team effort. The club certainly hasn’t giving him everything he needs/wants (our lack of creativity in the MF demonstrates that). He has been very stubborn on roster selections. It’s been a whole mess with blame to go around. 

1 hour ago, Captain Ron said:

Meh, the failure is a team effort. The club certainly hasn’t giving him everything he needs/wants (our lack of creativity in the MF demonstrates that). He has been very stubborn on roster selections. It’s been a whole mess with blame to go around. 

it'll never be enough, but he's gotten everything he's asked for. richarlison, lenglet, perisic, bissouma, deki, bentancur, danjuma, porro. if we're missing creativity in the midfield it's mostly on conte and his tactics/roster selection (and a bit of shit luck injury-wise). leaving kane on the bench against sheffield w/ a trip to the FA cup quarters on the line was impossibly idiotic.

the club has problems at the top, but conte thinks he's the smartest dude in the room and blames everyone else except for himself when things start to go sideways. mourinho 2.0.

21 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

Conte doesn't want a creative midfielder. His tactics are to attack down the wings. Even in Italy when he had Eriksen, the attack came down the wings. That's why Eriksen struggled when he first arrived. 

That's why he needs to go. The EPL is won thru the midfield. Arsenal's turnaround began when they got Odegaard. The top of the table all have creative midfields. We have Skipp/Hojbjerg/Betancur/Bissouma. The last two are injured, the first two are the same player. 

Club scouting and recruitment certainly needs to be overhauled. We haven't hit on several high profile players, most notably, Ndombele.