Tottenham Hotspur 2022-23: Conte the Magician

Captain Ron

12 hours ago, DeepEastTexas said:

I want Poch....and a midfielder....and a back line......and a vision for the club.

I think it's just a matter of time before Paratici is gone along with Conte. 

The team needs more than any of this. They need a statistical staff set up to identify team needs to buy (and sell) players through a breakdown of measurable needs and excesses. At this point teams that aren’t doing this aren’t just at risk of falling behind, they absolutely are going to fall behind.

Arsenal is a very good example of this buying a team in the last 2-3 seasons that identify specific needs. The team that was incomplete in last year has all the pieces in place and are making a big run. 

On the flip side Chelsea is the perfect example of buying just to buy doesn’t mean crap.

Spurs have a choice now, which direction do they want to go?

I would also note - Spurs do have a vision - to be one of the top clubs in the world. What they don’t have is a plan to make that happen. 

Edited by Captain Ron
  • Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Schulz2.0 said:

Conte fucking blows. 

Dude just doesn’t care. We all know he’s a lame duck and he’s tired and just doesn’t have the drive  

We need a whole organizational effort. A plan beyond “be coached be a big name” because that isn’t much of a plan. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Captain Ron said:

Dude just doesn’t care. We all know he’s a lame duck and he’s tired and just doesn’t have the drive  

We need a whole organizational effort. A plan beyond “be coached be a big name” because that isn’t much of a plan. 

We've known this since the World Cup. When he didn't want to sign an extension, it was clear he was done. 

24 minutes ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Conte fucking blows. 

You know at this point what I don’t get is why didn’t the team and him agree to let him go with the surgery card? Everyone knew he was done, so why not just say “here’s the rest of your money, stay in Italy and we’ll wrap the season up”?

It saves face for him, he can say the surgery took it out of him. Spurs don’t have a lame duck coach and they can be honest with the direction.

#LevyOut

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

You know at this point what I don’t get is why didn’t the team and him agree to let him go with the surgery card? Everyone knew he was done, so why not just say “here’s the rest of your money, stay in Italy and we’ll wrap the season up”?

It saves face for him, he can say the surgery took it out of him. Spurs don’t have a lame duck coach and they can be honest with the direction.

#LevyOut

7 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Most troubling of all? 3rd straight game no goals scored. 

Conte's lineups, subs, and tactics have all been pretty questionable for a while. Then you get into the complete lack of adjustments when his setup and tactics aren't effective.

Edited by Schulz2.0