Tottenham Hotspur 2022-23: Conte the Magician

Captain Ron

One thing I really like about this season is how the stats appear to be breaking down. I expect Kane and Son to be atop this list (Son will move up, so I'm not worried about the current numbers). We already have 8 different goal scorers. And you have some names that appear to be jumping up the list. Hojbjerg is the one that catches my attention. He already had matched his goals for the last 2 seasons (2 each). I think that Conte's strategies are working out and making the team flow better. Given the stats, I think we are going to see a few more scorers and a few more names with a good chunk of goals.

image.png.a488fed66fa2392f31152d297296f30c.png

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 weeks later...

As a whole, I can see what Conte meant that the team was a few windows away. I said I thought the defense was just on the edge of breaking the whole way through, the man down situation pushed that over. I think it would have been better to see them be a little more comfortable on the defense before the sending off.

I'm also not sure why Kane is still in the game. He should have come off at the line change.

Conte needs to shift tactics. Sitting back against top 6 teams will not work. Liverpool and City will pepper us with shots until they drop 3-4 goals on us. With our forwards, we should be on the front foot more. 

Read where Maddison is "keen" on joining us in January. He's exactly the type we need in midfield. Hope that happens.

• Hook 'Em 1