RIP Tony Siragusa

Carl Spackler

2 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

The guy was a hoot as a broadcaster, and was an underrated NT on some excellent Ravens defenses.  RIP/

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/34131855/ex-nfl-dt-tony-siragusa-goose-dies-age-55

I didn't really care for his "under-the-goalpost" additional color commentary but he always seemed like a pretty good dude.

RIP, Goose. 55 is waaaaaaaay too young.

I just googled cause of death and nothing is released yet, but his dad died of a heart attack at 48.  That's brutally young.  

The good die young; unfortunately so do the the big guys.   https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10943345/Beloved-Ravens-star-Tony-Siragusa-dies-sleep-age-55.html

Edited by 0xdeadbeef

16 minutes ago, Assman said:

I met him on a USAF trip of mine back in 2019 and partied with him for 2 days straight in Vegas.  He would go up to the hottest women in the bar, flash his SB ring, and bring them over to the table for us.  Just last weekend I was partying with a buddy and we got into a drunken conversation about who the most famous person we have in our phone.  When I told him the ONLY famous person I had in my phone was Goose, he told me we should call him.  I decided against it considering it was 3am and Goose would probably have no idea who I was.  Should have fucking done it anyways.  RIP to a good man.

Of course Goose would have known who you were

kramer-seinfeld.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4

He was the teammate every fucking good team needed. He liked to have a good time while somewhat keeping it under control. He backed it up and was an incredible guy in the locker room. The type of guy to haze you yet you like it. I loved watching him on Hard Knocks and honestly thought he was 55 then. 

Excerpt from the Stern interview I referenced:

As such, NFL retirees can never return to their sport like many other professional players often do–most succumb to injury: “When I retired, that helmet went on the shelf and I’ve never put it on again. It’s so finite. It’s done.” Goose said he was now 45 years-old, and, given both his father’s early passing (at 47) and a laundry list of football injuries, every day is a gift: “If I die tomorrow, I tell my wife, just put a smile on my face, put a little Sinatra on…”

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Assman said:

I met him on a USAF trip of mine back in 2019 and partied with him for 2 days straight in Vegas.  He would go up to the hottest women in the bar, flash his SB ring, and bring them over to the table for us.  Just last weekend I was partying with a buddy and we got into a drunken conversation about who the most famous person we have in our phone.  When I told him the ONLY famous person I had in my phone was Goose, he told me we should call him.  I decided against it considering it was 3am and Goose would probably have no idea who I was.  Should have fucking done it anyways.  RIP to a good man.

On literally all of that...

Username checks out

2 hours ago, RexWilson said:

Excerpt from the Stern interview I referenced:

As such, NFL retirees can never return to their sport like many other professional players often do–most succumb to injury: “When I retired, that helmet went on the shelf and I’ve never put it on again. It’s so finite. It’s done.” Goose said he was now 45 years-old, and, given both his father’s early passing (at 47) and a laundry list of football injuries, every day is a gift: “If I die tomorrow, I tell my wife, just put a smile on my face, put a little Sinatra on…”

Stay hard Goose

• Hook 'Em 2

• 7 months later...