2023 QB Arch Manning

Big Woodrows

4 minutes ago, UDontKnow said:

Analyzing....Analyzing.....Analyzing......Results Generating. aggy nowhere to be found in this list.

That’s because aggies don’t need to brag or boast. Players go there because they have a deep love of all things A&M and an unshakable faith in the genius of Jimbo, and not for any other reason.  And they certainly don’t care at all about stupid things like online popularity contests. 

1 minute ago, Not a cat said:

A gopher fan I work with stopped by my office yesterday to say Arch is overrated and he was just going to be another Colt McCoy.

Me-

45489905_images(3).jpeg.391f2ffa1378bca28ebd7028f61df5d0.jpeg

It's pretty wild.. my neighbor across the street is a Northwestern Alumn and he was like man, I see you got Arch Manning, is he going to do great like VY or is he going to be average like ELi..?

I just smiled and said I'd take either 

• Hook 'Em 2

aggy saying Arch is going to be overrated like Eli is classic. Peyton his senior year at Tennessee went for 3800 yds, 36 TDs, 11 INTs, 60.2 completion % and 8.5 adjusted yards/attempt - 2nd in Heisman voting. Eli in his senior year went 3600, 29/10, 62.4% and 8.5 - 3rd in Heisman voting. He threw for 31 TDs as a sophomore (and just 9 picks) in 2001 which was good for 6th in the country. The first player at Texas to throw for 30 TDs in a season was Colt in 2008.

If Arch turns out to be about as good as Eli was adjusted for era then I think we'll be okay. 

• Hook 'Em 5

13 minutes ago, Thiefery said:

It's pretty wild.. my neighbor across the street is a Northwestern Alumn and he was like man, I see you got Arch Manning, is he going to do great like VY or is he going to be average like ELi..?

I just smiled and said I'd take either 

I know when I need football analysis I turn to Minnesota and northwestern fans.

45 minutes ago, ztejas said:

aggy saying Arch is going to be overrated like Eli is classic. Peyton his senior year at Tennessee went for 3800 yds, 36 TDs, 11 INTs, 60.2 completion % and 8.5 adjusted yards/attempt - 2nd in Heisman voting. Eli in his senior year went 3600, 29/10, 62.4% and 8.5 - 3rd in Heisman voting. He threw for 31 TDs as a sophomore (and just 9 picks) in 2001 which was good for 6th in the country. The first player at Texas to throw for 30 TDs in a season was Colt in 2008.

If Arch turns out to be about as good as Eli was adjusted for era then I think we'll be okay. 

Those Ole Miss teams were below average if not for Eli. 

3 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

I can understand OU fans giving us shit for being over-rated and never winning anything. But A&M? If anything they are just a shittier version of ourselves. They are underachievers without a 2004-2009 era.

2001-2009, really. 

3 hours ago, Big Woodrows said:

SIAP, but this is some incredible bellyaching from Georgia talking heads (it gets really good at 4:25)

Love how he dismisses Sark's success at Bama using the talent argument, then turns around and vigorously fellates Todd Monken's success at Georgia, the literal #2 school in talent acquisition.

Watching a chunky middle-aged white guy try so hard to suppress his anger and frustration over a college football recruit was a treat. Excellent schadenfreude material, sir.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Not a cat said:

A gopher fan I work with stopped by my office yesterday to say Arch is overrated and he was just going to be another Colt McCoy.

Me-

45489905_images(3).jpeg.391f2ffa1378bca28ebd7028f61df5d0.jpeg

Man if Arch becomes just another winningest QB ever (at the time) that would really suck ass ☹️

• Hook 'Em 2

I love Peyton's comment there re: kids making a big deal of announcing, with the hat switches, etc. Meanwhile, Arch issues one simple tweet: Commited to the University of Texas.

Says a whole lot about the kid, imho. HookEm.

Edited by wood
  • Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Look at him just flexing on Card in that third photo. Arch is a cold motherfucker. 

He's big already, but he looks like he's gonna be a big guy when he fills out that frame.

Edited by wood

Cracks me up how the Arch news has made the national media completely forget about Quinn's talent. You've got dumbies arguing that Ewers will eventually transfer, talking about how Arch could bring Texas back, etc. Six months ago Ewers was bringing Texas back, now he's an afterthought if you listen to the talking heads. Lol.

Might be a good thing though tbh. Let Ewers step out of the spotlight a little bit until the season starts.

• Hook 'Em 4

47 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Cracks me up how the Arch news has made the national media completely forget about Quinn's talent. You've got dumbies arguing that Ewers will eventually transfer, talking about how Arch could bring Texas back, etc. Six months ago Ewers was bringing Texas back, now he's an afterthought if you listen to the talking heads. Lol.

Might be a good thing though tbh. Let Ewers step out of the spotlight a little bit until the season starts.

Quinn isn't worried.  That dude is gonna ball out.  

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

Handsize appears to be roughly 2.86 Cards.

This gave me a legit LMAO.

"Cards" a unit of measurement, not unlike "Courics" that are used to measure human dumps, are used to measure the size of a particular high school QB prospect's throwing hand. Some believe that the larger the size of a high school QB's hand, the greater the chance the young prospect will have a higher ceiling.  

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

I think it is good for Ewers because it keeps him out of the spotlight as you say until he is named the starter and then it reminds him Card is not his competition. That may motivate him to put a stranglehold on the job and allow Arch to red shirt. It is a win win all around and what I hope happens.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Can you at least summarize it.

Truth...I hereby propose to the Court of Surlian, that anyone posting paywall items be sentenced to cleaning the glory holes at collie Station for 5 years.

Edited by SHOOTER12
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

56 minutes ago, JOSEYWALES66 said:

The Wall Street Journal has an article on his committment.

I find that kinda crazy.

Paywall

https://www.wsj.com/articles/arch-manning-texas-commit-recruitment-family-11656006612

I remember I was at work on the trading floor and Arch’s commitment hit the scroll on my Bloomberg terminal. Needless to say, that is the first sports news outside of “XYZ won ABC championship” that I’ve ever seen on there.

I remember I was at work on the trading floor and Arch’s commitment hit the scroll on my Bloomberg terminal. Needless to say, that is the first sports news outside of “XYZ won ABC championship” that I’ve ever seen on there.

I’ll bet it seems like just yesterday when all that happened
  • Like 2
  • Haha 7

I love Peyton's comment there re: kids making a big deal of announcing, with the hat switches, etc. Meanwhile, Arch issues one simple tweet: Commited to the University of Texas.
Says a whole lot about the kid, imho. HookEm.

Still the first and only tweet he has made and still following no one.
  • Hook 'Em 1