2023 QB Arch Manning

Big Woodrows

6 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

The whole discourse is so fucking stupid.  If Arch wasn't a Manning he'd be a 3 star? Cool story, bro. If Giannis was 6'1" he'd be coming off the bench. Both questions live in fantasy land and are pointless. 

His last name fucking matters.  If you come from a family of elite QBs you have an edge on the competition.  What's between the ears is what really elevates QB play...playbook knowledge, anticipation, pocket presence, reading/setting up defenses, maturity, professionalism etc. He's been taught this shit by his whole family since the day he picked up a football in diapers. 

It's all a guessing game in the end. Betting on Manning is a smart play. 

Well put. 

hey man, if he wasn’t raised in a family that produced super bowl mvp quarterbacks or college football legends then he would never be ranked so high! 

Ok, but he was.

He has all the physical size of his uncles and I see a strong arm on tape. Supposedly he loves talking ball too. I mean he’s on their trajectory clearly. This is dumb. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Manning is an extremely talented passer. He has excellent field vision. He knows where his various receivers are going. He knows where to put the ball to allow his receivers to make a play. He appears to have excellent feel for the oncoming rush and due to his substandard O Line we can see he's capable of making quick decisions about which receiver to throw to or whether to keep it if it's a qb option. He's reasonably fast, is athletic and doesn't appear to have skipped any leg days. He's also got excellent leadership skills and a great frame for a hs QB. He's alright in my book.

Edited by Chopper
  • Hook 'Em 4

7 minutes ago, Chopper said:

Manning is an extremely talented passer. He has excellent field vision. He knows where his various receivers are going. He knows where to put the ball to allow his receivers to make a play. He appears to have excellent feel for the oncoming rush and due to his substandard O Line we can see he's capable of making quick decisions about which receiver to throw to or whether to keep it if it's a qb option. He's reasonably fast, is athletic and doesn't appear to have skipped any leg days. He's also got excellent leadership skills and a great frame for a hs QB. He's alright in my book.

I mean, when's the last time we had a QB worth having?

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Chopper said:

Manning is an extremely talented passer. He has excellent field vision. He knows where his various receivers are going. He knows where to put the ball to allow his receivers to make a play. 

In other words he's smart (like all Mannings).  Which is what you want your QB to be.  He's the anti-Gilbert.  That's all you had to say.  He's the anti-Gilbert.

• Hook 'Em 1

After missing Open cut, John Daly plays golf with the Mannings and Eric Church

Despite missing The Open cut, John Daly still played alongside some stars in Scotland on Saturday morning.

Daly, who shot 3 over to miss out on playing the weekend at St. Andrews, spent Saturday morning eight miles down the road from the Old Course at Kingsbarns Golf Links. He was joined by Eli, Peyton and Cooper Manning, along with country music star Eric Church.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/missing-open-cut-john-daly-124932918.html

…not the worst PR in the world that Cooper is now being named alongside his brothers, but don’t know if this moves the needle with many defensive recruits.

Edited by Napoleon
  • Haha 1

On 7/14/2022 at 11:41 AM, TankedBevo said:

He was awesome at SMU. Fuck Tom Herman 

He was but he tended to fold a bit in big moments. He wasn't really any better than Sam. He could have been a lot better than he was at UT though. 

2 hours ago, ztejas said:

He was but he tended to fold a bit in big moments. He wasn't really any better than Sam. He could have been a lot better than he was at UT though. 

That's fair, but keep in mind what the makeup of our line was at the time and the fact that Herman even then had the biggest hard on for running a 190 lb QB into DL's and linebackers. When he went to SMU they went wide open and he made incredible plays. It's in the past though so let me not litter this glorious thread with nonsense any further 

6 hours ago, Napoleon said:

After missing Open cut, John Daly plays golf with the Mannings and Eric Church

Despite missing The Open cut, John Daly still played alongside some stars in Scotland on Saturday morning.

Daly, who shot 3 over to miss out on playing the weekend at St. Andrews, spent Saturday morning eight miles down the road from the Old Course at Kingsbarns Golf Links. He was joined by Eli, Peyton and Cooper Manning, along with country music star Eric Church.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/missing-open-cut-john-daly-124932918.html

…not the worst PR in the world that Cooper is now being named alongside his brothers, but don’t know if this moves the needle with many defensive recruits.

I would imagine Archs dad playing golf with some old dudes moves the needle with exactly zero recruits 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

On 7/14/2022 at 10:49 AM, Scholz said:

In other words he's smart (like all Mannings).  Which is what you want your QB to be.  He's the anti-Gilbert.  That's all you had to say.  He's the anti-Gilbert.

Squints is the only QB that has ever been booed off the field at DKR.  And rightly so.   The inverse of Squints is something beyond Vince.  Those are mighty high expectations.

• Hook 'Em 1

Everyone arguing about "3-star without the surname" are falling for aggy/uga sour grapes banana in the tailpipe.

Those who are pissed about the commit are attacking the player because they can't attack the reality that a family that's football royalty endorsed The Fucking University.

The consensus reality around college football is now that Texas is on the Up, it's snowballing, and there's not a goddamn thing aggy can do about it.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Everyone arguing about "3-star without the surname" are falling for aggy/uga sour grapes banana in the tailpipe.
Those who are pissed about the commit are attacking the player because they can't attack the reality that a family that's football royalty endorsed The Fucking University.
The consensus reality around college football is now that Texas is on the Up, it's snowballing, and there's not a goddamn thing aggy can do about it.

Everyone wanted him. They are just pissed off we got him. To save face, they invent a new narrative that well, they really didn’t want him and find a brief camaraderie among other rejected losers from this lottery.

On 7/17/2022 at 10:55 PM, Hagbard Celine said:

Squints is the only QB that has ever been booed off the field at DKR.  And rightly so.   The inverse of Squints is something beyond Vince.  Those are mighty high expectations.

Shane was Bue'd off the field a few times.  Does that count?

• Hook 'Em 2

Arch was so quiet on social media prior to his selection of a Longhorns career.

It's interesting how much more active he is now.

Seems like it's mostly on Instagram, which I don't have but I see all the posts ya'll put on here.

Is Instagram more popular than Twitter for the kids today?

24 minutes ago, ATXbronco said:

Seems like it's mostly on Instagram, which I don't have but I see all the posts ya'll put on here.

He has another account but it’s private, so I assume he uses that one for his close friends and family. And the account that always get posted on here is his one for football related stuff. I think Twitter is more popular than instagram for most, but I guess it just depends on the kid 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

Instagram is more popular than Twitter (it's also like an actual social platform, vs more of a shouting into the void platform), but more Gen Z kids use TikTok the most.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, ATXbronco said:

Twitter is openly mocked within Gen Z like Facebook is to everyone else.  It's a bunch of old crazy people posting nonsense no one cares about.

They also really care about Iikes, follows, quotes and stuff like that.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

You clearly wanted to make a point about Shane related to Herman, but implying that Sam wasn't worth having - which you did - is just dumb.

I get what you're saying, but that is not what I intended to imply.  I was responding to a comment which was implying that Texas had not had any QBs worth having since Colt was on campus, which is dumb.  We've had several good QBs in recent years, all of whom were wasted by bad coaching and/or shitty O lines.

Edited by 83Horn

22 hours ago, lemonandaturd said:

Arch is playing Many, La. on 9/23.  Some of our Surly deep East Texas Horns need to go to the game and give us 9.95 report.  Newton, Jasper or Hemphill Horns should make that game a priority.  

Arch better watch out. Many has the #5 LB in the nation.  Kid is committed to USC w. 

On 7/17/2022 at 10:38 AM, Reese Bennett said:

Arch doesn't seem as tall as I expected and I don't like the Santa Claus facial hair on young men. Plus, his sartorial choices don't exactly convey cool.

Santa Claus facial hair...on a young man??? WTH???

48 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

The dipshits at espn knocked Arch down to #2 and moved a kid who completed 59% of his passes in Malachai Nelson above him. Jesus that service just can't stop being regards 

He also got benched cause he stunk up 7 on 7. Dropping manning was purely clickbait

I think like many mentioned before, he has a great head on his shoulders. The moment should never get too big for him. He has 4 great mentors that he’s grown up with. Look at the MLB draft and how son’s of former major leaguers went early due to the fact that they have grown up in that “lifestyle”. 

Another interesting fact that I haven’t seen many mention is how much respect he has from the kids that have actually caught passes from him. They rave about how accurate he is and how he can really throw a great deep ball. It could just be hyping up by Johntay Cook and others but I choose to believe the kids that work with many other QB’s and say he’s one of if not the best.

11 hours ago, Napoleon said:

I believe that Eli was listed at 6’4” (Peyton was 6’5”)…

That’s all that I’m going to say about that.

Last I checked, Eli was 6'4 3/8" barefoot. Basically, both of those guys are huge.

Edit: I was wrong, Eli was 6’4 3/4” barefoot. 

Edited by Atticus
  • Hook 'Em 1