Forney ISD Dress Code

RexWilson

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/24/us/forney-texas-school-district-dress-code-ban/index.html

A North Texas school district has updated its dress code for the upcoming school year to ban hooded clothing as well as dresses and skirts for many of its grade levels, reasoning that the change will help students in their future careers.

The new policy, which applies to all 18 of FISD's schools, prohibits clothing such as hoodies, coats and jackets with hoods inside the school, and also forbids students in grades five and above from wearing dresses, skirts or skorts.

The dress code also requires students to wear solid colored shirts and slacks, shorts or capri pants in navy blue, black or khaki colors. Among the things the dress code prohibits are demin pants, sleeveless shirts, t-shirts, overalls or clothing with holes in it.

The district emphasized in its announcement of the policy change that the shift is intended to prepare students to enter the workplace. It also said the policy gives FISD "a positive and distinctive identity" and reflects the "values of the schools and community,"

14 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

https://www.cnn.com/2022/06/24/us/forney-texas-school-district-dress-code-ban/index.html

A North Texas school district has updated its dress code for the upcoming school year to ban hooded clothing as well as dresses and skirts for many of its grade levels, reasoning that the change will help students in their future careers.

The new policy, which applies to all 18 of FISD's schools, prohibits clothing such as hoodies, coats and jackets with hoods inside the school, and also forbids students in grades five and above from wearing dresses, skirts or skorts.

The dress code also requires students to wear solid colored shirts and slacks, shorts or capri pants in navy blue, black or khaki colors. Among the things the dress code prohibits are demin pants, sleeveless shirts, t-shirts, overalls or clothing with holes in it.

The district emphasized in its announcement of the policy change that the shift is intended to prepare students to enter the workplace. It also said the policy gives FISD "a positive and distinctive identity" and reflects the "values of the schools and community,"

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 5

6 minutes ago, slorch said:

No overalls?

Dammit!!!

Their way of sticking it to aggy?

3 minutes ago, BehoId, The Underminer! said:

what's a workplace going to be like in 2030?  well, it won't have dresses, i'll tell you that much.

Or jeans/casual Friday.

• Like 1

If they want a dress code for future careers, why not require a button-up shirt and then underwear for all those people that are going to be working from home on Zoom?

1 hour ago, RexWilson said:

Among the things the dress code prohibits are demin pants, sleeveless shirts, t-shirts, overalls or clothing with holes in it.

50 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

Pretty much just banned my whole wardrobe.

Yep.  

Preparing them for a career?  Might as well teach them multiple ways to tell somebody how to restart their computer.

Frustrated Beavis And Butthead GIF by Stotes

Mtv 90S GIF

27 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Headline: hoodies and dresses banned.

Article: they copied a generic private school dress code.

It actually looks like the changes were only to hoods and dresses.   They apparently already had a pretty strict dress code.

LMAO.

I remember my school district instituting dress code (white/blue polos + khakis) on grounds that it would eliminate gang identification.  The district was poor.  But there wasn't much gang activity there before, or after, either way.  All it did was force families to make unecessary expenditure.

26 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Headline: hoodies and dresses banned.

Article: they copied a generic private school dress code.

Private school telling contracted students how to dress as part of the contract.

Public school district telling all students how to dress, including banning one of the most used pieces of fashion, with nothing more than vague bullshit about "future jobs" as pretense.

Yeah, totally the same.

Those kids should just shut up and prepare for their future service drone jobs. Keep quiet and show no individuality. It's the attitude that built this country, right?

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

LMAO.

I remember my school district instituting dress code (white/blue polos + khakis) on grounds that it would eliminate gang identification.  The district was poor.  But there wasn't much gang activity there before, or after, either way.  All it did was force families to make unecessary expenditure.

Know what happens when you institute such a color code where there is significant gang activity? They simply change colors/identifiers. 

4 minutes ago, Herpa Derpa said:

Know what happens when you institute such a color code where there is significant gang activity? They simply change colors/identifiers. 

Well, the Crips were probably happy.

And I used the wrong word, it wasnt merely a dress code, they instituted a fuckingn uniform.

Wait.  Are 5th graders considered to old for these weirdos.

In reading between the lines, I bet they're trying to avoid social issues like clothing that someone may link to their race or gender identity. Their legal rep told them to use other reasons as to why they're making this change.

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear that they had a 4th grade boy identify this past year as non-male and wanted to wear dresses. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

It’s just a dress code,  fuck those kids.   They’ll wear what we tell them to wear, because we know best.  We are the authorities after all.  

Meanwhile, school district decision makers at Wal-Mart on a Saturday...

walmartians4.jpg

• Drool 1

2 hours ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

In reading between the lines, I bet they're trying to avoid social issues like clothing that someone may link to their race or gender identity. Their legal rep told them to use other reasons as to why they're making this change.

I wouldn't be surprised if we hear that they had a 4th grade boy identify this past year as non-male and wanted to wear dresses. 

This right here.  It's about gender identity with the dresses, and "thugs" with the hoodies.  Nothing more or less.

• Hook 'Em 1

I went to Forney High School years ago.  They've had a dress code that was basically this as far back as I can remember (late 90s?).  People would try to get around having to wear a logoless polo by putting on a hoodie, jacket, etc.  Not sure why this is a news story now?

2 hours ago, Keef said:

I went to Forney High School years ago.  They've had a dress code that was basically this as far back as I can remember (late 90s?).  People would try to get around having to wear a logoless polo by putting on a hoodie, jacket, etc.  Not sure why this is a news story now?

because outrage is cathartic. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Keef said:

Really? Girls couldn't wear skirts in the late 90s?

And they said Austin was weird. We didn't have that bizarre shit.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Really? Girls couldn't wear skirts in the late 90s?

And they said Austin was weird. We didn't have that bizarre shit.

I worked near Anderson High School for a while. Would see kids wearing all sorts of stuff that my small-town high school wouldn't have allowed... while heading our for the great Satan (at least at my high school) that was off-campus lunch.  Somehow, all those Anderson kids made it... and likely with much better outcomes than my rinky-dink school.

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I’ve become violently in favor of uniforms ever since my kids started using them.  Most studies show they improve learning outcomes, ease over socioeconomic differences, and maybe most importantly, release teachers and administrators from the inanity of interpreting and enforcing dress codes.  Every district should have them with means tested subsidies for families that can’t afford the ones made by a chosen supplier.  

I do not give a shit about teens’ ability to express themselves through fashion, they don’t know enough to be able to coherently express themselves even with their words.  That’s why they have to go to school, they don’t know shit. As a rule teenagers are horrible or stupid or both, I know I was. 

I agree with this. Uniforms take out all the headaches, which for the record, I think are more likely on the administration/parents than the kids.

Sure, some kids would push the limit of a relaxed dress code, but I think they are more because the older folks think a nose piercing on pink hair is the work of the devil. A uniform just makes things simple for everyone.

Edited by FirstTimeCaller

3 minutes ago, Nivek said:

without unique outfits, how will we identify the corpses?

Oooof. Fucking ooof. 

19 kids and 2 teachers. We've done jack shit from stopping the next one.

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

I’ve become violently in favor of uniforms ever since my kids started using them

I don't disagree with your post, but WTF does this mean in context?

Did you mean to say vehemently?

Edited by slorch