Hand, Foot, & Mouth Disease

Caponata

Looks like I caught this from my nephew as did my brother in law. Slight fever & genuinely feeling like shit for two days, the next day "hey, looks like I'm getting better, the next day a few blisters on my hand, then now my hands, feet, & some of my face are covered in painful blisters. Strep level sore throat pain. I would take the flu or covid over this shit. There is little to no treatment other than waiting it out I guess. 

1 hour ago, Caponata said:

How long did the whole shitshow last?

I couldn’t get out of bed for the first 48 hours. Then 2 days where I felt terrible and really sore throat. 3 days of feeling fine but sore throat then back to normal but blisters on hands.

On 6/24/2022 at 8:44 PM, deadshank said:

when are you shipped off to aggy for observation and having them “poke around” on you?

$20 says your ear tag will be # 74 - 72  

For us rubes? I know its some kind of livestock disease trace thing, but which one?

4 minutes ago, bluto said:

Am I hosed? Woke up wed feeling cruddy, continued through the day. Felt better thurs but starting seeing this shit flare up. Seeing it on feet now today (ya hairy knuckles and ugly white as hell feet)

5B49043E-B057-41B8-BF52-2BFB24323D04.thumb.jpeg.115e81a7efa8369ddfc2ad9cf91afbc2.jpeg467F7359-DA1A-418B-BF54-553DBA88BDE4.thumb.jpeg.fda1a2c7c0f774c3c282172e3dca743f.jpeg

RIP. Could be hand foot or mouth of monkeypox. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, bluto said:

Am I hosed? Woke up wed feeling cruddy, continued through the day. Felt better thurs but starting seeing this shit flare up. Seeing it on feet now today (ya hairy knuckles and ugly white as hell feet)

5B49043E-B057-41B8-BF52-2BFB24323D04.thumb.jpeg.115e81a7efa8369ddfc2ad9cf91afbc2.jpeg467F7359-DA1A-418B-BF54-553DBA88BDE4.thumb.jpeg.fda1a2c7c0f774c3c282172e3dca743f.jpeg

Looks like AIDS.

Minimal mouth issues, slightly scratchy throat. Fatigue and a couple dozen spots on top of feet/ankles/fingers/back of hand. Even got a call from city health dept epidemiologist after they reviewed the pics, said no worry about monkeypox. #carlspackler

1 hour ago, BrickTop said:

Had a buddy who came down with this after some cunnilingus with a stripper, ended up having to be intubated because those sores were in his airway.

He's lucky that's all he caught.

On 6/24/2022 at 11:43 PM, Caponata said:

Looks like I caught this from my nephew as did my brother in law. Slight fever & genuinely feeling like shit for two days, the next day "hey, looks like I'm getting better, the next day a few blisters on my hand, then now my hands, feet, & some of my face are covered in painful blisters. Strep level sore throat pain. I would take the flu or covid over this shit. There is little to no treatment other than waiting it out I guess. 

Use a little lotion and stop whacking it so much. That should help the blisters on your hands.

4 hours ago, BrickTop said:

Had a buddy who came down with this after some cunnilingus with a stripper, ended up having to be intubated because those sores were in his airway.

This is one of those statements that, on the surface, provides amusement, but if thought about for too long provides only horror and a morbid curiosity to know what a person who has been intubated in the icu due to infectious complications from chowing a stripper can possibly look/be like.  How do you recover from that in any social circle.

I expect many “cast the first stone” replies.

10 days post initial spot and general malaise onset and feeling back to normal. Still a couple of the more aggressive spots but very faint/dry/painless. Never made it to mouth and minimal if any fever throughout

I got it after my daughter and wife got it. Daughter was semi-sick for a couple days and had foot scabs.  Wife got terrible sores in mouth and not much else....but she had worst of it as those sores lasted a week and were painful.

I got a fever that went up to 104 so had one terrible day but then got over it fairly quickly.  Did get some minimal bumps in my hands.

So three of us got the same strain yet all had different symptoms.   Science,  yo.