Tottenham 2018-19: The New Stadium

Captain Ron

This run that the very Tottenham laden English team is making is very intriguing. Spurs are a team that has gotten very close the last few years, you can tell they are ready to win. Can the desire they have wanted, combined with players like Walker, Sterling, Vardy, Delph - guys who have won the EPL in the last few years help them achieve winning the World Cup?

And winning or losing, will the experience be one that Spurs players can build on to make a run at the EPL title?

Proud of Tripp, kid been ballin. 

Dele been a dud, other than some long leg poking defensive stops. 

Dier not much burn other than that winner and horrible celebration haha

danny could have been a hero but not playing much. Macquire is killing it. Dude rocks 

Harry Fuckin Kane. Nuff said 

Needs more chances to shine tho. 

Agree on Tripper and Harry.

Rose would have been great to see start, but you can't argue with him on the bench.

Dier has been an anchor at times, done some dirty work, never going to get the headlines.

Dele - I don't think he's been put in the best position to thrive. Be it the scheme or more importantly the lack of a mid like Eriksen, he's floundered. I think he will be fine and given the moment, could catch fire.

On 7/2/2018 at 5:40 PM, Captain Ron said:

LOL.

Saw this late last week, forgot to post it

Quick follow up on this and Son's civilian service he has to do. A guy on reddit COYS had a great post about it that's a really good read about the situation (spoilered because it's long):

Spoiler

Edited by Captain Ron

• 2 weeks later...

I have some concerns over Kane's health. Since his ankle injury he hasn't been the same. He won the golden boot in Russia, but the bulk of that was PKs (3). And most of his goals were against Tunisia (2) and Panama (3). It is a worrying sign. Hopefully the team will give him the full time off to get right.

37 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

I have some concerns over Kane's health. Since his ankle injury he hasn't been the same. He won the golden boot in Russia, but the bulk of that was PKs (3). And most of his goals were against Tunisia (2) and Panama (3). It is a worrying sign. Hopefully the team will give him the full time off to get right.

He needs a rest. Still annoyed that Southgate started and played him the entire 90 minutes in the meaningless third place game.

3 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

He needs a rest. Still annoyed that Southgate started and played him the entire 90 minutes in the meaningless third place game.

He played a lot of minutes for England. Of the 7 games, he played 6 (missed Belgium 1) and only took ~30 minutes off during Panama. Two of the KO games went 120. That 600 minutes!

• Like 1

On 7/17/2018 at 9:31 AM, Schulz2.0 said:

Rumors that we’ve approached Stuttgart about Benjamin Pavard. He would be a Toby replacement.

this will be interesting to watch. levy apparently being levy in negotiations and i have to think that toby's performance in the WC, while not terrible, didn't do spurs any favors in trying to command a £40MM+ transfer fee. 

27 minutes ago, midtown said:

Is this good? b17d9d0784770cbec0692bf8f4c1d4dc.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

He’s likely an Eriksen backup that can fill in as a CM. He’s a creative passer with good dribbling ability. He’s English and that helps with our homegrown requirements. It’s a good signing if we can get him for £15-20m.