Tottenham 2018-19: The New Stadium

Captain Ron

Great win. I know that ManU was scuffling coming in, but winning in Old Trafford is never easy. This was step one in making the run at the EPL. The next step will be in 2 match days (but 3 weeks from now) when Spurs host Liverpool. That will be the chance to Spurs to judge where they are.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Captain Ron said:

Great win. I know that ManU was scuffling coming in, but winning in Old Trafford is never easy. This was step one in making the run at the EPL. The next step will be in 2 match days (but 3 weeks from now) when Spurs host Liverpool. That will be the chance to Spurs to judge where they are.

Completely agree.  Can't overlook Watford next week at Vicarage Road.  They've been good.  Then, the break, then Liverpool.  Should be a great month ahead for football.

Lucas was outstanding, Toby was superb, Jan was Super Jan, Harry scores when he wants, and Jose is on his way out.  Predictably, United came out strong.  Thankfully, Lukaku missed the open net after Rose gave it away.  That was a big swing in the game.  Had United gone up 1-0, Jose has his squad playing a different match.  But they didn't, and Spurs' quality came through.  To think I was worried about United rallying around that defeat last week.  That club is in freefall.  Jose might not make it to the International break.

I went to a Spurs pub in Fort Worth today, Upper 90.  Great location to watch a Spurs match.  Planning on heading back up there on Sunday morning.  Good times, good people.

COYS!

13 hours ago, Captain Ron said:

KHINFZ7LAFAINGWYFC33SIPHDA.jpg

I remember when he first arrived at PSG and was supposed to be the Next Great Brazilian... but then he kind of fell off the map.

I don't know if it registered in my brain that he went to Spurs in January, but when I saw him play in the summer friendlies, he seemed like a great addition to the team. Smart, fast, quick, skillful... and HUNGRY!

Spurs may not have signed anyone this summer, but Lucas' emergence has been as strong of a positive as any EPL team's signing in these first three matches.

i took in two matches at the lane (including one during the 2017 season) and paid ~$200 per ticket each time. obv no ragrets. 

also, the answer to your question (although i realize is probably rhetorical) is that they will play barca with messi at least two more times. i wouldn't count on much more than that. if you can afford it DO it.

looks like they are going to make individual game tickets available to season ticket holders first, then to one hotspur members. here's how they are doing it for away to inter:

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/2018/august/inter-milan-v-spurs-ticket-news/

for barca, i doubt they get to general sale and you may not even be able to get one through your membership depending on season ticket holder demand and priority points above you. i'd just keep an eye on the on-sale dates for the barca match and go from there. if you don't already have a membership for this season and are planning to just go to one game, i'd just do stubhub. the membership alone is almost $60 and doesn't guarantee anything.

https://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news-archive-1/champions-league-tickets-multi-game-packages-on-sale-this-week/

6 minutes ago, midtown said:

I'm a member.  I think Ill wait and hope a single ticket falls to me if that passes then I can hit stubhub.  

awesome. i can't remember if it was you or someone else who bought a membership last season, but make sure it's current for the 18/19 season. they have to be renewed every year. 

Edited by mr. littlejeans