Valet tipping at a hotel

What’s the appropriate protocol for tipping valets at a hotel when you’re staying for a week and you’re getting the car in and out more than once a day?

It’s a pain in the ass to tip each time they bring the car and I don’t always have the appropriate cash for it. Is it ok to wait and give one big tip at the end of the week? Is that frowned upon because the valets rotate out so much tip may not trickle down to some of them? What do y’all do in this situation?

• Hook 'Em 1

I'm guessing the rotation would screw the "fairness" of one large tip at the end.

Just do what my wife did this week in New Orleans.  Tip every employee you see.  I saw her tip the desk guy and asked her what she was doing.  She said she didn't know who to tip, so she tipped everyone.  /Surly pic joke incoming.

Edited by Knoxtnhorn
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

What’s the appropriate protocol for tipping valets at a hotel when you’re staying for a week and you’re getting the car in and out more than once a day?

It’s a pain in the ass to tip each time they bring the car and I don’t always have the appropriate cash for it. Is it ok to wait and give one big tip at the end of the week? Is that frowned upon because the valets rotate out so much tip may not trickle down to some of them? What do y’all do in this situation?

I ask day one how they handle tips. Usually they split so one big tip at the end is ok. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Maybe ask the front desk if the tips are shared and if they are given the lump sum at the end. If they're not, get out some cash. Where I don't tip is when I never get the car out from checking in until check out. That was what you made me pay $30 a day for, to warehouse my car/rental. 

3 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

I'm guessing the rotation would screw the "fairness" of one large tip at the end.

Just do what my wife did this week in New Orleans.  Tip every employee you see.  I saw her tip the desk guy and asked her what she was doing.  She said she didn't know who to tip, so she tipped everyone.  /Surly pic joke incoming.

Pics of wife that likes the tips?  

• Haha 1

After a day or two every employee was probably following your wife around
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Spur08 said:

$2 bills were invented for this

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

My dad used to keep a box full of a couple hundred Richard Nixon $1 coins that he just loved to give out as tips. 

He was very disappointed when his bank could no longer order them for him and he had to deal directly with the US Mint instead. 

2016-richard-nixon-presidential-dollar.jpg

On 6/26/2022 at 8:05 AM, Knoxtnhorn said:

she sounds hot.

• Haha 1