2023 WR Jonah Wilson

Getafix

• 1 month later...

Not to be a Debbie downer but here I go. The one thing that bothers me about these highlights is him double clutching the catches. It’s great he catches with his hands, but you’d like to see it be more solid.

could be nothing, but something to keep an eye on.

Edited by OnAComputer
  • Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

Not to be a Debbie downer but here I go. The one thing that bothers me about these highlights is him double clutching the catches. It’s great he catches with his hands, but you’d like to see it be more solid.

I’ll take a few double clutches to get the whole “ran away from the entire defense like they were standing still” thing. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

I see @satyanash hacked your account

• Haha 6

7 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

If he doesn’t improve over the next few games, I don’t think that he will ever be a 1st Team All-American as a true freshman.  

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, OnAComputer said:

He looked awfully fast on the last clip. And he has good size.

• Like 1

On 6/28/2022 at 2:02 PM, wood said:

WeirdJauntyKakapo-size_restricted.gif

For a gif that has made the rounds, I just had a super late revelation. I'm pretty sure that Mex's bikini goes inside her lips.

Oh, and on a computer needs better takes. How many guys who are 6'3" can break tackles, juke would be tacklers, and then outrun an entire defense? That short pass and long run was one of the better clips that I've seen. Well, besides the highlight above.

On 8/27/2022 at 12:38 PM, TheMailBox357 said:

Isn’t it a contradiction for on3’s scouting report to say Wilson is just a contributor at the college level, while at the same time having Wilson listed as a 4-star recruit & having him nationally ranked?

No, it's not.

"Contributor" is not an insult and it's way more than we get out of a lot of guys who see the field constantly.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 8/27/2022 at 12:38 PM, TheMailBox357 said:

Isn’t it a contradiction for on3’s scouting report to say Wilson is just a contributor at the college level, while at the same time having Wilson listed as a 4-star recruit & having him nationally ranked?

5 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

No, it's not.

"Contributor" is not an insult and it's way more than we get out of a lot of guys who see the field constantly.

If on3 has Jonah Wilson nationally ranked, they obviously think his ceiling (or floor) is higher than just a contributor.

Edited by TheMailBox357

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Sure, but I get why players go to aggy.  Getting paid makes sense.  Is The Godfather Fertitta opening the checkbooks for…checks notes…a top 250 prospect?

Who knows. There is still the relationship aspect to recruiting. I know some think that went away with NIL but if Houston is putting on the full court press and we aren’t, that might mean something to the kid.

3 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Who knows. There is still the relationship aspect to recruiting. I know some think that went away with NIL but if Houston is putting on the full court press and we aren’t, that might mean something to the kid.

He could also have other reasons for staying closer to home if he chooses UH. 

The Horns247 Recruiting Podcast mentioned this week that Wilson has been visiting UH despite Wilson saying locked-in to Texas. So UH might be the school that he flips to. Remember UH will in the Big 12 next season.
That would be one of the stupidest flips in recent memory...but whatever I guess.
  • Hook 'Em 1